Skip to comments.Olympic Google Doodle Takes Aim At Russian Antigay Law
Posted on 02/07/2014 5:09:54 AM PST by lbryce
Google is a technology company that is focused on providing Web search and advertising. The one aspect that differentiates Google from the rest of the business world is that they are the 10,000 pound gorilla in the room, with huge integration within and influence on people's lives unprecedented in history. Google obviously wants to transform the world in its own image by dint of its outsized corporate, financial influence and to effect a political objective but it has first and foremost a fiduciary obligation to remain focused on its corporate vision in pursuit of the technologically innovative advancement that has made it a world leader.
That's where Google should focus on in changing the world and not in any attempt to change the social, political circumstances by diktak. I really resent Google's going out on a limb in forcing change within the political, social realm by dint of its huge influence on matters of social engineering and ideology. They have a right to express their opinion but their mammoth size gives them the capacity to effect change they have no right to exercise.
I missed the article where Russia banned Sodomites from participating.
It’s NOT the gay olympics. Putin didn’t ban gays. He just wants to protect young children from being exposed to guys prancing around in underwear wearing lipstick and boas. Is that so bad? Stupid Costas called it a “human rights” issue.
Google hasn’t been a technology company for a long time. It is centered on advertising and public relations at this point. There was technology involved at first, a good linear algebra graph algorithm and an excellent storage layout, then some smallish web apps progressively decreasing in quality (and some of the good ones get closed anyway), but now they’re all about the ads.
Oh they’re sooooo brave. Remember Google’s “brave” stand against China’s one-child policy? Me neither.
Awhile ago, if you clicked on #SochiOlympics on Twitter, you got a bunch of faggoty pictures on the top!!!! PHOOEY!!!!
They’re gone now, mercifully!!!!
I support my Orthodox Brother Vladimir and the people of Orthodox Christian Russia!!!! Google has NO RIGHT to export Bay Area “values” to the rest of the world, especially the Orthodox world!
And I pray that America becomes an Orthodox Christian country, which would be a miracle indeed!!!!
......Or rather a “conservative” country again.
Nothing surprises me anymore.
Poor indigo. You can’t spell “Roy G. Biv” without indigo, but no one ever remembers indigo.
Bing has the Olympic skating palace.
Gotta keep the pervs happy..........
There’s a specific reason for that omission!
The 7 color rainbow represents the perfection of God, seven days of creation - 7 colors = God’s rainbow.
The 6 color rainbow represents the autonomy of man. 6 is the “number of man”. It’s a subtle but purposeful middle finger to God to use a 6 color rainbow.
Or maybe they did it because Google has 6 letters.
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
The 6 color rainbow isn’t of Google’s doing.
That has been around a long while in the homoagenda.
What do the 5 colored rings mean?
The five inhabited continents. I wish one of those Antarctic scientists would get good at something athletically, then it would muddy up the waters
You can probably find that pretty easily if you look.
It has something to do with the Greek (pagan) origins of the games.
But, currently they’re saying it’s the 5 continents that attend the games.
Here’s an Orthodox Christian South Carolina—compete with barbecue, y’all!!!!
This brings joy to our Orthodox hearts, but makes the inhabitants of the Googleplex shrink away with fear!!!!
I wasn’t aware that Russia was banning gay athletes.
Make Google and their sodomite friend explain to us exactly what this law they are screeching about is. Make them enunciate the truth for a change. Then maybe they’ll shut up.
If Russia did ban gay athletes, then they’d have to cancel the Men’s Figure Skating competition.
They would sweep the snow in winter olympics, that’s for sure
“The 6 color rainbow isnt of Googles doing.
That has been around a long while in the homoagenda.”
Maybe we should have a telethon or something...
They aren’t. But when people sees the male figure skating, they’ll think “Google saved the olympics”. At least that’s what the smoke heads at Google would wish.
I have already taken to wearing the indigo ribbon of.....well, I guess of indigo awareness
There are six inhabited continents: Morth America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. The IOC put the square peg in the round hole by claiming that “the Americas” is one continent.
According to Wikipedia, the Olympic flag was created by Pierre de Coubertin in 1914. Here’s what the creator of the flag said about it:
“The Olympic flag ... has a white background, with five interlaced rings in the centre: blue, yellow, black, green and red ... This design is symbolic ; it represents the five inhabited continents of the world, united by Olympism, while the six colors are those that appear on all the national flags of the world at the present time.”
Pierre de Coubertin (1931)
In 1912, Coubertin said the following about the rings:
“...the six colors [including the flags white background] thus combined reproduce the colors of all the nations, with no exception. The blue and yellow of Sweden, the blue and white of Greece, the tri-colors of France, England and America, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Hungary, the yellow and red of Spain next to the novelties of Brazil or Australia, with old Japan and new China. Here is truly an international symbol.”
Too bad that Ireland wasn’t in the Olympics back then, or maybe they’ve have drawn a sixth (orange) ring.
I’m betting that there is some other symbology that they are not willing to disclose on the up and up.
the peace sign is another example.
And you won’t find such a ban either.
Putin, oh the gall, the gall, decreed that he’d crack down on public flaming.
Well some loudmouths apparently have taken it on themselves to trumpet all over the world that to be “gay” is to flame wherever you are, period. Now this ain’t just brothers holding hands. This is the whole nine yards.
Rooskies drew a line in the sand.
Probably the first good such line they’ve drawn in a long time.
Lot looked around and saw that the whole plain of the Jordan toward Zoar was well watered, like the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt.
The Olympic rings included not just primary colors (and black), but also secondary colors if they were used in flags from countries participating in the earliest modern Olympics (i.e., green).
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.