Skip to comments.MSNBC’s Hayes Promotes Petition Drive for Chris Christie Resignation
Posted on 02/20/2014 3:59:33 PM PST by Kaslin
If there was any doubt that MSNBC is a mouthpiece for liberal activism, Chris Hayes should have erased it on Wednesday’s edition of his program All In. Hayes was discussing MSNBC’s favorite current topic – the Chris Christie “Bridgegate” saga – with Dan Cantor, national director of the ultra-liberal Working Families Party. [Video below. MP3 audio here.]
Near the end of the discussion, Cantor optimistically declared his belief that Christie will be defeated in the end, thanks in part to Cantor’s own organization:
MSNBCs Hayes Promotes Petition Drive for Chris Christie Resignation
I think its pretty likely Governor Christie will end up having to resign, because he clearly either knew about it I mean, we called for his resignation, tens of thousands of people have already signed that petition, and we think there will be more.
Cantor forgot to plug the website for that petition, but not to worry Hayes jumped in, noting for his audience, Thats at ChristieJam.org.
Cantor said he expected more signatures, and with Hayes help, he almost certainly will get more (maybe a few hundred more if all of Hayes viewers sign the petition.)
Forcing Chris Christie to resign over a traffic jam is apparently a cause for which Hayes can be "all in." But can you imagine him inviting on a guest who started a petition to impeach President Obama, let alone telling viewers where to find the petition? Our current president can get away with almost anything as far as Hayes and his MSNBC primetime colleagues are concerned. Benghazi, the IRS targeting scandal, the arbitrary and arguably illegal changes-by-fiat to the ObamaCare legislation they dont matter as much as a traffic jam that only impacted a sliver of the countrys population for a few days last summer.
Destroying any serious Republican presidential challengers to Hillary Clinton in 2016 seems to be a goal at MSNBC. In addition to the Christie coverage, Hayes led off Wednesdays broadcast with 14 minutes devoted to the emerging controversy surrounding Gov. Scott Walker (R-Wis.) and his aides. You could see the joy on the hosts face as he declared, It turns out that Scott Walker has more or less the exact same baggage that none other than Chris Christie has.
That baggage for both governors includes plenty of unproven allegations at this point. It also includes one cable network that is obsessively hyping the stories in order to destroy both men before they ever have a chance to run for president. After all, obliterating Republicans and electing Democrats is what it means to lean forward.
Below is a transcript of the relevant portion of the discussion:
CHRIS HAYES: Do you suspect that we will see a ratcheting up of the legal battle here, that basically the first wave of stuff that was turned over happened kind of without a fight, partly because of the people at issue, but what we're going to see now is just sort of all out
DAN CANTOR, National Director, Working Families: Yeah, this is war. You know, obviously the legislature has its own attorneys trying to get information. Presumably the press is going to try to get some. And Maestro, in theory doing the independent investigation, is going to be trying to prevent it all from happening, going on the offense in this kind of mind-boggling way you described at the outset. Pretty optimistic that at the end the truth will come out. I think its pretty likely Governor Christie will end up having to resign, because he clearly either knew about it I mean, we called for his resignation, tens of thousands of people have already signed that petition, and we think there will be more.
HAYES: Thats at ChristieJam.org. Dan Cantor from the Working Families, thank you so much.
What a laugh...they want Christie to resign over this, but the IRS scandal...nothing to see here...
Chris Hayes is an arrogant, metrosexual libtard that also thinks global warming is going to destory the ‘erf’ and all 3 of his viewers agree. What a numbskull!
How many ambassadors died as a result of the bridge closure?
I wonder if we can get him to start a petition for Obama to resign over Obamacare Lies, Fast and Furios gun smuggling, IRS Political Payback, Benghazi Ambassador Death, etc etc etc
This sissy’s rear end is focused on the WRONG SUBJECT as usual.
How about a petition drive for retroactive birth control for all that work for and appear on mslsd?
I astutely agree but ya gotta agree that it’s a toss-up between him and Rachael (Tokyo Rose) Maddow. Sometimes I wonder though if he’s a she and she’s a he
The first time I saw Chris Hayes I was channel surfing and thought it was a SNL type skit doing a bad interpretation of a newsman.
I must have laughed for an hour.
Rachel Madcow freaks me out, way too scary a woman (?) But have you seen Mellissa Racist Perry? Now that’s one woman that loves 0bama and the race card.
THe Working Families Party is a marxist organization, created from ACORN and several communist organizations. NY sources say that it is now the most powerful behind-the- scenes party in New York City politics and played a major role in organizing the election of Comrade DeBlasio for mayor.
They should be the subject of a major media’s investigation and the results published here at FR, then spread around the country.
NY Freepers. Jump on in here and add facts to my statements.
just one more in an apparently endless supply of MSNBC douche bags.
I am no Christie supporter. In fact I do not like the guy. However, this closing of traffic lanes in Fort Lee pales in comparison to what the corrupt politicians at all levels and in both major parties are doing to our country.
Did anyone see the show?
What in the heck is that thing in the picture?
Is it human?
· Of course it is OBVIOUS that everyone in Christies micromanaged Governors office and every one of his appointees and acquaintances at the Port Authority was engaged in a corrupt conspiracy, but Chris Christie knew nothing about it. Sure. It is OBVIOUS that Christie is a good, honest person and understandable that his approval among Republicans has gone up since details of the scandal broke. He has ALL the character attributes Republicans value in themselves and others! J
· The only IRS Scandal was the pathetic fact that Darrell Issa and the republicans deliberately mislead the public (i.e., they blatantly lied) by redacting the IRS report, leaving in ONLY THE CONSERVATIVE ORGANIZATIONS that were audited, and presented it as though they were in fact the only organizations that were audited, period. These facts are known to all who make a small effort to educate themselves, but if you prefer only pretend news from Fox due to your cognitive dissonance acting up, you may be ignorant of this fact. Or you may not care about the facts because Benghazi!
· Fast and Furious was initiated by the Bush Administration (called Operation Wide Receiver at the time), as was the Patriot Act! I guess ditto-heads wobble whichever way their masters tell them to L
· Speaking of It is amazing to hear all you ditto heads talking about Benghazi, conveniently forgetting that our President-without-a-brain W.Bush waged unprovoked war on Iraq under totally false pretenses (i.e., he blatantly lied). He did this without the approval of the rest of the world, murdering well over 100,000 innocent people and leaving the country that the US invaded worse off than prior to the invasion.
· Duhhh, hey Beavis, uhhhh didnt more than 4 people die during the Iraq war? Hehe hehe hehe, yeah yeah, hehe I think it was like 5, OReilly, um, I mean Butthead
Oh. Hey Beavis, uhh uhh, these wingnuts have such moronic ideas about oil not being a fossil fuel, the earth only being a few thousand years old, no such thing as Global Climate Change (guess gravity is next!), uhhh, why dont they just try to rig voting districts and maybe change the rules to keep some of the other side from voting? Duhhhh, hehe hehe, Butthead, hehe hehe that would be UN-AMERICAN!!!!... Yeah yeah yeah hehe, un-American
IB4TZ? Visit Much?