Skip to comments.Why Republican Cowards Despise Cruz
Posted on 02/23/2014 10:36:35 AM PST by harpu
Former Rep. Steven LaTourette is a member in the establishments war on the Tea Party. His deceptively named Defending Main Street PAC is being financed primarily by Wall Street and labor unions, which have contributed at least 20% to the groups fundraising haul.
In an appearance on MSNBCs The Last Word on Tuesday, LaTourette said that Cruz was reprehensible for forcing Republicans to go on the record to advance a bill to raise the debt ceiling without reducing spending. - Tony Lee
In just the last several years, the nature of the problems that have plagued the Republican Party have gotten infinitely more complex. It was once a Party that valued actual conservatism, then it became liberalism lite. Now, in the years since Obamas election, there has been a resurgence of real conservatives entering political office. These new conservatives are boldly going where few have gone before. And by boldly going where few have gone before, I mean that they areGASPactually following through with their promises. They are fighting.
The new conservatives have outraged the old guard. The graybeards hate the conservatives so much that they are doing everything possible to derail potential conservative candidates. But why are they doing this? What would drive a seemingly good Republican to wage a war on someone simply because that person is following through on their promises? The answer is clear, and rather simple. The establishment Republicans have died. They who used to be conservative have mutated into a frightening Republican/liberal chimera.
These chimeras no longer represent we the people. They represent themselves, and their fellow criminals. Why else would they allow the American people to be steamrolled by Obamacare, whenif they had united behind Ted Cruzthey could have defunded it? Even if it were not the case that they could have succeeded in defunding Obamacare, why would they choose to let go of their principles? Most of them campaigned on fighting Obamacare tooth and nail, yet when the time came to make a choice, they sided with keeping their job. Their cowardice is a shiv in the eyes of all of us.
How is it reprehensible that Ted Cruz forced fellow Republicans to show their true nature? Oh no! Ted Cruz wanted spending cuts in exchange for yet another massive increase in the debt ceiling! How terrible of him to think that spending cuts should be something Republicans would favor, and fight for! Its not like our debt is that bad, right? Oh wait. What a jerk he is, forcing Republicans to side with Democrats! Hmmm, perhaps forcing is a strong word.
The ones who are truly behaving reprehensibly are those who are participating in the anti-tea party movement. Those who have betrayed their constituents, and become crony capitalists in the process, they are the reprehensible ones. Those who have become warped, and beaten down, they are the ones who are reprehensible. Ted Cruz is the opposite. If every representative were like Cruz, and Mike Lee, we would have repealed Obamacare by now. That doesnt sound reprehensible to me.
It’s the same reason that metrosexuals despise real men. They know it’s what they could be if they weren’t weak and compromised.
How is it that they are "financed primarily" by 20% of the money?
They would prefer to knife us taxpayers in the back under cover of darkness.
...an insult to the French.
It is ‘reprehensible’ to expose Monsieur McConnell’s grand show vote attempt at throwing in the towel when Republicans could have stopped the latest debt hike bill, for example.
Instead, the Vichy Republicans still managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory and got their ‘show vote’ they could go home and lie to their constituents about.
If this LaTourette is condemning Cruz for exposing the Vichy Republicans, then he is a damned coward, too.
Its not French Republicans—its Vichy Republicans who want to go along with the new Nazis—the Progs. Some French love their country and some are even conservatives. The RINOs want to BE Democrats when they can line their pockets—and be Tea Party People when they wish to stoop to be elected. Time to push them out of the GOP!
This is a really good article on the why and how it went down.
I could go along with “Vichy Republicans.” Perfect description.
Voting party over principle has allowed the GOP to be watered down by those with no principle but that of winning at any cost.
They have abandoned conservative values and replaced them with a move leftward in an attempt to broaden appeal, alienating and declaring war on conservatism and conservatives in the process.
There are still those here that not only continue to insist on pragmatism, but they also question the patriotism of those of us who believe in and live out their principles and values, those who balked at putting their stamp of approval on someone with a career long record supporting baby murder and a full fledged cult member to boot.
Where are you going to draw the line?
The line has moved so far to the left the GOP has become unrecognizable.
This ex-Congressman from Ohio suffers from La Tourette's Syndrome, the uncontrolled verbal abuse of the TEA Party.
I like Vichy Republicans.
What they hate is Cruz walks and talks softly, and calls them out as traitors and defectors in a most diplomatic way, they just don’t know what to do about how he carries a big stick.
He shows what cowards they all are. He exposes their total lack of principle and their total unwillingness to fight for anything. He has to be stopped.
Because they are cowards.
+ - - - If every representative were like Cruz, and Mike Lee, we would have repealed Obamacare by now. - - - “
In our soundbite news society, a catchy phrase, such as Do Nothing RINOs, often obscures the basic root causes that the soundbite summarily describes.
For example, this recent quote by Senator Cruz is worth examining as follows:
- - - And he said Mr. Sowell said you should fight on fights we can win. I agree and if Republicans had stood on the debt ceiling we had the votes to insist on meaningful spending reforms. - - -
* The author of the thread article claims that Cruz shot back at Sowell. which can be substantiated if the assumption is made that Cruz and Sowell have differing points of contention.
* If, however, one looks for similarities between the two men, then this part of the above quote - - - Mr. Sowell said you should fight on fights we can win. I agree - - - can be used to substantiate that Sowell and Cruz are in agreement about what fights should be fought.
* If the assumption is made that both Sowell and Cruz are afflicted with the same RINO terminal disease of fighting only the fights that can be won with no risk, then Cruz in no better than any other loser, obsolete RINO.
* If Senator Cruz does not place a higher value on fighting battles with overwhelming odds that favor the enemy, then his only choice is to cede the field of battle to the enemies of the US Constitution, as the Congressional RINOs have done for the last five years.
* A successful defense of ones position only requires one third the force of the attacking offense, according to Military Science. IOW, it takes less strength to defend than it takes to attack.
* Since the Congressional RINO strategy has been, for the last five years, to always stay on defense, then what evidence exists that the Congressional RINOs have inflicted ANY damage on the attacking enemies of the US Constitution?
* There is not even evidence of serious DISCUSSION of use of their primary weapons: House Special Inspectors and Impeachment!
* The field of battle is littered with the bloody, cowardly footprints of the Rapidly Retreating RINOs and echoes of them screaming in terror: We cant do anything because we do not have control of the Senate and White House!
* If our sorry Congressional RINO should very soon choose to defend the US Constitution by fighting many defensive battles whose goals include decimation of the enemy by fighting a war of attrition, then we, the disgusted voters, would have our FIRST reason to vote for an incumbent Congressional RINO.
* Senator Cruz may yet prove that he understands the value of a continuous series of battles in a war of attrition, but RINO intellectual Thomas Sowell only understands the safe, cowardly value of continuous retreat.
* As for a lesson from History, Thomas Sowell has chosen to ignore the historical fact that General George Washington fought mainly battles that did harm to the British enemy.
* The Father of our Country successfully fought a War of Attrition.
* So far our sorry Congressional RINOs have proven themselves to be unworthy of following General Washingtons proven method of Victory.