Skip to comments.Democrats’ Obamacare ploy
Posted on 02/23/2014 12:39:46 PM PST by Libloather
There are a whole bunch of problems with this most recent scramble to save the Senate majority:
1. Democrats have opposed in lock-step every change or delay that Republicans have offered (e.g. repeal or suspension of the individual mandate, prohibition on insurance company bailouts, relief from the medical-device tax). Its hard to declare Obamacare the law of the land, block serious consideration of changes and then concede it needs changing.
2. Why did they vote for the law in its current state? Maybe they were hoodwinked by the presidents promises that it would be a pro-growth, pro-jobs reform, or maybe they just didnt read the law before voting on it. In either case, its an admission of legislative negligence.
3. What could possibly fix problems such as low enrollment by young people, worse coverage for those whose policies were canceled and the departure of many providers and hospitals from plans in the exchanges? The problems are so fundamental that they require a full reworking of the law, at the very least.
4. Democrats dont have any real proposals to fix Obamacare. Turning around their barb against Republicans, where is their Obamacare alternative?
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...
The Dims DO NOT CARE. Only power and control matter. If a name has a “D” after it, or legislation has a “D” stamp on it, it gets voted for — regardless of purpose or content.
It is all just lock-step tyranny.
Start with this: It. Can't. Be. "Fixed".
Uh, freedom? Outlaw insurance except for HDPS and MSA’s for all (non-mandatory)?
Every one of these communists voted for it. ALL of THEM!
It’s time to vote them out. Don’t listen to their lies.
They own it!!!!
Now Walz is talking about how he got in Obama's face over problems with Obamacare and how he is bravely working to fix the problems.
Never mind the fact he voted for a bad bill he didn't read. Never mind the fact he created the mess and bad mouthed the Republicans for attempting to fix or repeal Obamacare.
This being an election year, Mr. Walz is dusting off his Army Reserve uniform and pretending to be a conservative. My God help us out of this mess...
..... Why did they vote for the law in its current state? ......
Nobody even read the damned thing. A CEO of any public company who signed a contract without reading it would face criminal charges for fiduciary failure.
1. Her Napa winery is worth $25 million and the number of union employees working on it is ZERO.
2. She is part owner in the most fancy resort up there — L’Auberge de Soleil. It has 250 employees and SAME DEAL, ZERO union people.
3. For lunch there at her place a burger and fries costs TWENTY DOLLARS —I’m serious.
An actual photo from Nancy Pelosi's l'Auberge de Soleil, in Napa, where she employs ZERO union people out of a staff of 250.
Time to take them out........excuse me, vote them out!
Vote-crazed Dems 2014 battle plan bravely recognizes the train wreck known as Obama/Care. So blitzed-out party operatives have crafted a mind-numbing strategy to try blunting the GOPs advantage.
Dems plan plan to tell voters that electing Republicans would only make the O/Care problems worse--- O/Care under a (gasp) Republican majority, would:
<><> fuel racism, and anti-Semitism,
<><> cause life-saving taco sauce prices to rise,
<><> empower greedy insurance companies w/ affordable plans that O/Care decimated,
<><> engender domestic violence, chronic depression, impotency, and acne,
<><> increase union dues,
<><> exacerbate foreign policy w/ threats of nuclear war, Mideast violence and a two-state solution,
White House chief of staff Denis McDonough held an unpublicized meeting with Sen. Michael Bennet (DIMWIT-Colo), chairman of the Senate Democrats campaign arm, amid anger and anxiety that ObamaCares botched rollout could cost the party its majority next year.
In the meeting, requested by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC), McDonough and Bennet discussed what the White House could do to help vulnerable Senate Democrats and talked about developing a stronger relationship with the White House.
(That cockamamie idea was quickly discarded. After all, Democrats reasoned, who would believe a ditzy story like that.....other than the brain dead MSM media.)
Democratic senators fear the White House is not sympathetic enough to their plight. After the government shutdown, they were confident they would retain the Senate, maybe even retake the House; but Dem optimism vanished as problems with the healthcare law mounted.
(The buzz is Speaker-wannabe Pelosi disconsolately went back to sucking up everything in sight.)
I know these guys are nervous as hell. I mean, all of their jobs are on the line because Obamacare is the thing making the biggest political waves lately. Its a nightmare, Denis whined.
WATTA RELIEF--DEMOCRATS COME UP WITH THE ONLY WORKABLE SOLUTION Obama recently announced the White House's 2014 Senate strategy: "Keep Obama away." The extensive midterm campaign strategy is built around one unavoidable fact: Hardly any candidates in the most competitive states want President Barack Obama anywhere near them on the campaign trail.
QUOTING 2008 OBAMA: "No. 1, let me just repeat, if youve got a health care plan that you like, you can keep it. All Im going to do is help you to lower the premiums on it. Youll still have choice of doctor.
Repeated over and over ---- with the promise that every American family would be saving $2500.00 on healthcare costs.
Significantly, Obamba NEVER corrected lock-stepping Democrats, all reading from the same Democrat talking points, all of them repeating the same Democrat promises---over and over again.
LOCK-STEPPING PARTY LOYALTY NOT SEEN SINCE 1930- 40's ERA EUROPE Obama And The Dems marched in lockstep. The persistent Dumbocrat drumbeat ---- in obeisance to Obama ---- kept ringing reassuringly in our ears: "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan."
A FRIENDLY REMINDER TO DEMOCRATS: You voted for all of this: (1) throwing Americans off affordable health plans, (2) burdening Americans w/ ruinous deductibles, (3) nationalizing 1/16 of the US economy, (4) abandoning the elderly and the chronically ill, (5) empowering IPAB's (Death Panels),(6) decimating intergenerational transfers of wealth, and, (7) drug rationing for seniors...and so on.
The Republican controlled house has passed over 30 different bills amending or replacing O/Care. Sen Harry Reid is the Democrat roadblock who allows no such bill to come before the Senate.
That, or she realizes that, if she really "got it", she might have trouble catching her breath.
These guys are that evil and that hard and cold. She doesn't realize that yet.