Skip to comments.Krauthammerís Take: Obama Tells the World We Arenít Going to Do Anything About Invasion of Ukraine
Posted on 03/01/2014 2:52:30 AM PST by Candor7
click here to read article
But did he issue another stern warning to Uganda on their homosexual policies?
The only time Obama would scramble US fighters to intercept a civilian airliner is if he thought Ed Snowden was aboard.
I doubt Putin was shocked by it; I'm guessing he was banking on it.
Russian S-400 AIR DEFENCE heading to UKRAINE
Perhaps plans for more than Crimea?
The real purpose of Russian troops in Ukraine is to undermine the credibility of Nato
Palin was right all along
7 unintended possible effects of Russia invasion of Crimea:
1) Could cause EU, US Congress to open their minds to the strategic benefits of an Iran deal (including as an alternative gas supplier to Europe)
2) Could give boost to KeystoneXL gas pipeline in Obama White House (see above, alternative energy supply)
3) Could drive nail in coffin of foundering US efforts to cooperate with Russia to seek political solution on Syria
4) Could it cause Iran, anxious about preservation of sovereignty, to cool to Putin, warm up to possible improved ties with West?
5) Could it push Iran to further effects to seek to directly to defeuse regional tensions with Saudi Arabia, etc. over Syria
6) Could cause friction between China & Russia
7) Could cause US, EU3 to be more willing to declare Syria in violation of Syria CW deal
Ha. Got a big laugh out of #1 and especially #4
Did anybody actually think that Vladimir Putin was going to just sit there and watch George Soros, Monsanto, the US state department and Bork Obunga walk off with the Ukraine???
I mean, everybody who reads FR knows that our media is garbage and that the picture they present to us of domestic affairs is garbage; why would anybody think that the picture they paint of events in other lands would be believable??
I expected no less from that commie sympathizer.
Of course he doesn't want the Ukraine succeeding. It might give us the idea that we can do it too. It would be encouragement for us at home when HE acts.
I'm shocked that he's shocked. I'm shocked that ANYONE is shocked. Where have these people been for the last 5 years?
Certainly Putin will do what he will do without any regard for what Obama says or does. However Obama’s comments may have made it worse. This is now at least a two-fer for Putin. He can send in troops and control the situation while also embarrassing Obama by reaffirming again how weak he is.
Be fair what should we do?
Way back in 1992, anyone with cursory knowledge knew if the issue of the Crimea wasn’t settled it would one day rear its’ ugly head.
Russia’s not about to sabotage its relationship with Iran.
Besides, we all know that this is Palin's fault with her coded messages telling Putin what to do!
I believe Putin told Obama how it was going to be a long time ago.
The underlying story here is that Russia will simply not stand by while Western countries pursue a course of action with Ukraine that is aimed at ultimately having Ukraine brought on board as a full-fledged NATO member with U.S. missile shield assets inside its borders.
Obama can’t stop the illegal border crossing of his country, what makes anyone think he can stop Russia?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.