Skip to comments.10 Obamacare Facts You Need to Know After 5 Months
Posted on 03/02/2014 7:07:11 AM PST by iowamark
It may be hard to believe, but today marks the five-month mark since Obamacare's state and federally run health exchange marketplaces went live...
Here are the 10 Obamacare facts that really matter after the first five months.
1. Obamacare enrollment has crossed the 4 million person mark..
2. Too few young people are still signing up.
3. Obamacare is failing to court another crucial group.
4. Most insurers are losing money from Obamacare -- and that's OK.
5. Silver and bronze plans were even more popular last month.
6. Gulf Coast enrollment is soaring while Nevada and Hawaii are lagging way behind.
7. Obamacare could translate into 2.5 million lost jobs by 2024. In early February the Congressional Budget Office came out with its latest Budget and Economic Outlook Report which notes that the Affordable Care Act will cause a reduction in workers' hours that will cost the equivalent of 2.5 million jobs by 2024. I believe part of this statement is correct in that the ACA is only exacerbating a push toward increasing job specialization thanks to an ongoing technology revolution and pushing those who lack a high degree of specialization into part-time roles. However, we also have to consider that this reduction in hours for non-specialized workers is also creating increased job security for those workers who do have a high degree of specialization.
8. Disapproval of the law is still near or at an all-time high.
9. Delays are hurting the credibility of Obamacare's remaining deadlines.
10. March 31 remains the only deadline you need to be concerned with.
(Excerpt) Read more at fool.com ...
Those guys are still around? Are they worth reading these days?
Just asking, because I read a lot of investment/precious metals publications...
1) Enrollment is nowhere near the 4M mark.
2) Pre ACA insurers operated a 5-8% profit margin. Losing money is not “OK”, you idiots.
QUOTING 2008 OBAMA: "No. 1, let me just repeat, if youve got a health care plan that you like, you can keep it. All Im going to do is help you to lower the premiums on it. Youll still have choice of doctor.
Repeated over and over ---- with the promise that every American family would be saving $2500.00 on healthcare costs.
Significantly, Obamba NEVER corrected lock-stepping Democrats, all reading from the same Democrat talking points, all of them repeating the same Democrat promises---over and over again.
LOCK-STEPPING PARTY LOYALTY NOT SEEN SINCE 1930- 40's ERA EUROPE Obama And The Dems marched in lockstep. The persistent Dumbocrat drumbeat ---- in obeisance to Obama ---- kept ringing reassuringly in our ears: "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan."
FASHION NOTE--What the quintessential loyal
lock-stepping Democrat is wearing this election
DNC-ISSUE BROWN SHIRTS.
Once again a plan aimed at helping the poor only helps the rich to take more money from the middle class.
2) Pre ACA insurers operated a 5-8% profit margin. Losing money is not OK, you idiots.
I took the “and that’s ok” as sarcasm referencing the built-in bailout of the insurers by the government. This bailout will mark the de facto take-over of the insurance industry by the government. It will mark the inception of governmental control while allowing the *owners* to reap financial benefits. True Fascism.
By allowing *profits*, the regime also protects the unions and pension funds invested in the insurance industry. Win-win for all the supporters of the regime and for the regime, itself.
As to the number of the enrolled, no one cares. The important fact is who controls the system.
If you start a business with 50 people and you do not have healthcare you will get a $100,000 fine on DAY ONE
Agree with your assessment.
For firms that do offer insurance, the penalty is the lesser of $2,000 for every employee (after exempting the first 30) or $3,000) for every employee receiving a subsidy.
They made profits! Don’t you get? Now it’s time to “give back.”
Those “I’m covered” commercials are on local tv constantly.
Definitely raise my blood pressure about 20 points...
I posted this on fool.com:
The numbers in their report are the unvarnished propaganda numbers reported by the obama administration and which have already been declared flat out lies by the Washington Post fact checker. Here are the problems with those numbers:
1. The bulk of those signups are simply routine annual Medicaid renewals that occur every year, even without obamacare.
2. The rest are a count of those who merely put a plan in a checkout cart on healthcare.gov, and obama refuses to release the number of those who actually bought a plan by actually checking out and paying the first month’s premium.
3. Of those that actually DID buy a plan almost all are buying replacement insurance for BETTER and less expensive plans cancelled because they did not meet the regulatory requirements of obamacare.
4. The number of actual uninsured prior to obamacare who signed up for a non-medicaid plan is very small.
5. There are now MORE people who are uninsured than there were before obamacare BECAUSE of obamacare.
This article is nothing more than a repetition of the propaganda lies being promulgated by the obama administration. I’m surprised they didn’t repeat Harry Reid’s and Chuck Schummer’s recent declaration that EVERYONE who has been claiming they have been hurt by obamacare is lying, every last one of them!
I think they say “Losing money is OK” only because they know that Øbongo will underwrite their losses - with taxpayer monies of course.
Motley Fool was, at its height, a rather fad show on the investment scene. It’s now just an afterthought full of “captain obvious” moments and “mehs”.
So it is actually less than 28 hours/week to avoid being a full time employee.