Skip to comments.Hillary Clinton's Ukraine — and 2016 — problem
Posted on 03/04/2014 7:38:11 AM PST by mandaladon
As a freshman U.S. senator in 2002, Hillary Clinton reveled in the freedom of her new position outside the White House. Being first lady is more of a vicarious responsibility in that you are, like everyone in the White House, there because of one person, the president, she told The Washington Post at the time. In the Senate, theres a lot more opportunity to express my own opinions, to work through what I would do and how I would do it.
Twelve years later, Clinton is inextricably tied to another administration over which she yielded only partial influence. And as President Barack Obama grapples to resolve the expanding crisis in Ukraine, the situation underscores Clintons dilemma as she looks toward a potential presidential run in 2016: Separating from the White House is a very difficult proposition, if its possible at all.
As secretary of state through Obamas first term, Clinton was in many ways the face of the administrations reset policy with Russia, an effort to establish a new relationship that focused heavily on fostering the relationship with then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. The administrations allies argue that some positives emerged from the reset, and that trouble began with Vladimir Putins returned to the Russian presidency in 2012. Skeptics of the reset believe Putin never actually left the stage. Either way, the conflict is another instance in which Clinton is tethered to the administrations decisions heading into 2016 more so than any other Democrat, with the possible exception of Vice President Joe Biden, who would be a heavy underdog against Clinton.
Whenever you run for office, youve got pluses and minuses based on your background [If] you say, Well, elect me because I was governor of X, people are going to look at what you did as governor,
(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...
With the Clintons — it is always about the Clintons.
Sociopath of State in ‘16?
Run, Hillaryous, run.
We should not entertain any hillary articles and the pubbies would be wise to adopt a "Hillary who?" attitude and focus on ourselves.
Harry Reid can call us anything he wants ... Harry who? ... said what?
Yeah, whatever ... now, that Tom Cruz .. (or whatever)
No one here really thinks Hillary is a viable candidate and Conservatives and Republicans would be wise to just ignore the opposition.
Let them get on the podium and accuse all they want ... let them challenge all they want ...
The one tactic we've never tried is to just ignore them
Remember when the last words you heard from your wife, after asking what's wrong, werre .."nothing" .... before she stopped talking for three (or more?) days ?
Didja' change some things about yourself or dig in ?
The changers are still married and probably happier ... the diggers are still in the barrooms talkin' 'bout that bitch.
Whatza' democrat ?
- - - White House is announcing an aid package to Ukraine of $1 billion - - -
FINALLY! A highly successful backward solution to all known problems comes out of the Nobel Peace Prize winning White House!
What is that?, You may ask? The answer, of course, is unlimited amounts of unfunded US Taxpayer Debt Dollars!
Yup! Works every time, and faster than you can can say IcandoanythingIwantbyjustbyoassingCongress. Nobel Laurette Soetoro-Obama just says: Charge it to the next generation, please! Whoopee! My work here is done! Golf anyone?
Secretary of Statements John Cachup Kerry will ride in, start writing rubber checks, and the ensuing bright rosy glow will spread around the World. Well, maybe not onto the Arab Street.
Although the always weak, Obamanation Foreign Policy is well on the way to its usual backward success, there are still a few topics that have yet to be resolved, as follows:
* Were is the Internet Video that caused the Ukrainians to force their beloved President to take the entire Ukrainian Treasury with him when he fled the country?
* Will Catchup Kerry enlist the help of famed video detective Susan Rice to help him track down and jail the perp. who made this awful, obscure, unknown video, that the United States had nothing to do with?
* Will the US Department of Statements spend more unfunded US Taxpayer Debt Dollars for the Ukranian Denial Ad than they did for the 2012 Benghazi Denial Ad?
* Note: Kerry must excel here because due to the obvious cruel onslaught of the aging process on Mrs. Bill Clinton, Catchup Kerry may be duty-bound to replace her as the obvious Democrat frontrunner in the 2016 Presidential race.
* Since POS Soetoro-Obama hit the famous RESET BUTTON on Russia, the NASA Space Program has had to be dependent on the kindness of strangers from Russia. Hopefully, our astronauts will be able to borrow food and vodka from the Russians while they wait for Catchup Kerry to resolve this Ukrainian investment.
* Will buddy Vlad Putin be as flexible with the Renowned Obamanation Foreign Policy as Soetoro-Obama was with Putin?
* Rumor has it that Vlad Putin has his eye on being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his defusing of the Syrian Red Line Crisis.
* Another rumor is that Putin could win the Nobel Peace Prize if he sold all of Russias US Treasury Notes, requested that the USA be dropped from the G9, and appointed Snowden to be the Russian Ambassador to the United States of America.
We’ll see how it goes when Ted Cruz walks over and hands her a reset button in the first POTUS Debate of 2016.
OMG......I don't think I can stop laughing..........