Skip to comments.Kerry condemns Russian moves in Crimea while Putin stays defiant
Posted on 03/04/2014 9:27:31 AM PST by Jim Robinson
Simferopol, Ukraine (CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry accused Russia of making up reasons for intervention in Ukraine, saying Tuesday that "not a single piece of credible evidence supports any one of these claims."
"Russia has talked about Russian-speaking citizens being under siege. They're not," he said while on a visit to Kiev.
He condemned what he called Russia's aggression in Crimea and urged the country to withdraw its troops.
"We would like to see this de-escalated. We're not looking for some major confrontation," he said, while still promising sanctions on Russia if it refuses to step back.
Kerry's comments came a few hours after Russian President Vladimir Putin defiantly defended his country's right to intervene in Ukraine.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ...
What a bunch of clowns this administration is.
Did he throw any medals over a fence?
One of the comments on the CNN thread:
We should sanction Russia with Obamacare.
Meanwhile, Kerry treks back to his hootch and grabs his 16 mm film camera to recreate his historic meeting with the Russian officials Putin sent because he just didn’t feel the need to be bothered by a horse fly.
Too true. But talk is cheap on Ukraine and real on the others.
Oh, pulleeeeeze...NO ONE gives a smelly Obama about anything our ludicrous government says anymore.
We are a world-class joke and everyone knows it (except for Obama, the MSM, congresscritters, the State Department, and the vast majority of lib arts departments in our universities).
- - - White House is announcing an aid package to Ukraine of $1 billion - - -
FINALLY! A highly successful backward solution to all known problems comes out of the Nobel Peace Prize winning White House!
What is that?, You may ask? The answer, of course, is unlimited amounts of unfunded US Taxpayer Debt Dollars!
Yup! Works every time, and faster than you can can say IcandoanythingIwantbyjustbyoassingCongress. Nobel Laurette Soetoro-Obama just says: Charge it to the next generation, please! Whoopee! My work here is done! Golf anyone?
Secretary of Statements John Cachup Kerry will ride in, start writing rubber checks, and the ensuing bright rosy glow will spread around the World. Well, maybe not onto the Arab Street.
Although the always weak, Obamanation Foreign Policy is well on the way to its usual backward success, there are still a few topics that have yet to be resolved, as follows:
* Were is the Internet Video that caused the Ukrainians to force their beloved President to take the entire Ukrainian Treasury with him when he fled the country?
* Will Catchup Kerry enlist the help of famed video detective Susan Rice to help him track down and jail the perp. who made this awful, obscure, unknown video, that the United States had nothing to do with?
* Will the US Department of Statements spend more unfunded US Taxpayer Debt Dollars for the Ukranian Denial Ad than they did for the 2012 Benghazi Denial Ad?
* Note: Kerry must excel here because due to the obvious cruel onslaught of the aging process on Mrs. Bill Clinton, Catchup Kerry may be duty-bound to replace her as the obvious Democrat frontrunner in the 2016 Presidential race.
* Since POS Soetoro-Obama hit the famous RESET BUTTON on Russia, the NASA Space Program has had to be dependent on the kindness of strangers from Russia. Hopefully, our astronauts will be able to borrow food and vodka from the Russians while they wait for Catchup Kerry to resolve this Ukrainian investment.
* Will buddy Vlad Putin be as flexible with the Renowned Obamanation Foreign Policy as Soetoro-Obama was with Putin?
* Rumor has it that Vlad Putin has his eye on being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his defusing of the Syrian Red Line Crisis.
* Another rumor is that Putin could win the Nobel Peace Prize if he sold all of Russias US Treasury Notes, requested that the USA be dropped from the G9, and appointed Snowden to be the Russian Ambassador to the United States of America.
What would Obama say if Russia and China decided to sanction the United States.
They actually used the nuclear word “condemn”?
Might as well.
Let’s have a full scale melt down here, to bring on a much needed revolution.
Yup. That’s our boy.
My guess remains, that Putin is actually de-escalating something of a rebellion by some Russian Admirals who no doubt feel that “there’s no way we are giving up the Crimea!”
The Crimea will likely become “more” ... “independent,” and the Ukraine will not get it back.
Meanwhile, Kerry will try to take credit for the fact that the Russians have neither shot a lot of people nor blown up a lot of property.
But, if Kerry keeps yapping, he could *escalate* matters.
Putin already knows how anything more will be unpopular, on the heels of the Olympics ... among a large portion of his countrymen.
It’s up to Kerry to de-escalate Kerry, instead of looking for opportunities for Kerry to take credit.
And “boy” is the key, identifying word.
Told you they were going to speak sternly. He even threatened to “isolate” Russia. Bet that one hurt.
Next, Lurch will start holding his breath.