Skip to comments.Russia Launches ICBM Despite Rising Tensions
Posted on 03/04/2014 1:27:37 PM PST by SeekAndFind
Russia test fired an intercontinental ballistic missile today amid growing tensions between Moscow and Washington, but a U.S. official said the launch was planned in advance of the current crisis in Crimea.
The Russian Ministry of Defense announced the test of a RS-12 M ICBM that it said was designed to test a promising start warheads of intercontinental ballistic missiles.
A U.S. official confirmed the ICBM launch and said it was carried out through the protocols of the START Treaty.
Per the treaty requirements the official said the United States was notified of Russias planned launch long before the current crisis in Crimea.
The official said that the missile was fired east over the Caspian Sea and landed in a remote part of Kazakhstan.
That matches the information provided by the Russian Defense Ministry that the missile struck a condition target on the range in Sary-Shagan, Kazakhstan.
The planned launch comes at a time when Russia has raised international tensions by moving military forces into the Crimean peninsula, ostensibly to protect that regions ethnic Russian population. The Russian action has led to international condemnation and the United States is considering punitive actions against Russia that could take the form of economic sanctions.
(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...
So they named it after the main actor in Fiddler On The Roof. all day long I’d bidi-bidi-bum
All you people who didn’t show up on election day in 2012 and vote for Romney.... No matter what you think of what he might have done domestically... He would have the RIGHT people dealing with defense and foreign issues, and we WOULD NOT BE GOING DOWN THIS ROAD. I hope you can look at yourself in the mirror with righteousness and say that your NON PARTICIPATION in 2012 was a great thing... Especially when something really bad happens
This launch scheduled way before the opposition took to the streets. We knew about it. I believe it is part of the agreements attached to START.
Read the third line in the posting.
Sure, it was planned for some time but Putin knew what his timetable would be following the Olympics.
No, they have to submit information way before the test. It is to warn the Members of START that they are going to do it so no one hits the red button. Geez...
- - - White House is announcing an aid package to Ukraine of $1 billion - - -
FINALLY! A highly successful backward solution to all known problems comes out of the Nobel Peace Prize winning White House!
What is that?, You may ask? The answer, of course, is unlimited amounts of unfunded US Taxpayer Debt Dollars!
Yup! Works every time, and faster than you can can say IcandoanythingIwantbyjustbyoassingCongress. Nobel Laurette Soetoro-Obama just says: Charge it to the next generation, please! Whoopee! My work here is done! Golf anyone?
Secretary of Statements John Cachup Kerry will ride in, start writing rubber checks, and the ensuing bright rosy glow will spread around the World. Well, maybe not onto the Arab Street.
Although the always weak, Obamanation Foreign Policy is well on the way to its usual backward success, there are still a few topics that have yet to be resolved, as follows:
* Were is the Internet Video that caused the Ukrainians to force their beloved President to take the entire Ukrainian Treasury with him when he fled the country?
* Will Catchup Kerry enlist the help of famed video detective Susan Rice to help him track down and jail the perp. who made this awful, obscure, unknown video, that the United States had nothing to do with?
* Will the US Department of Statements spend more unfunded US Taxpayer Debt Dollars for the Ukranian Denial Ad than they did for the 2012 Benghazi Denial Ad?
* Note: Kerry must excel here because due to the obvious cruel onslaught of the aging process on Mrs. Bill Clinton, Catchup Kerry may be duty-bound to replace her as the obvious Democrat frontrunner in the 2016 Presidential race.
* Since POS Soetoro-Obama hit the famous RESET BUTTON on Russia, the NASA Space Program has had to be dependent on the kindness of strangers from Russia. Hopefully, our astronauts will be able to borrow food and vodka from the Russians while they wait for Catchup Kerry to resolve this Ukrainian investment.
* Will buddy Vlad Putin be as flexible with the Renowned Obamanation Foreign Policy as Soetoro-Obama was with Putin?
* Rumor has it that Vlad Putin has his eye on being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his defusing of the Syrian Red Line Crisis.
* Another rumor is that Putin could win the Nobel Peace Prize if he sold all of Russias US Treasury Notes, requested that the USA be dropped from the G9, and appointed Snowden to be the Russian Ambassador to the United States of America.
Well, it’s not like o didn’t deserve the bitch slapping he’s gotten from dictators all over the world.
No big deal. Kerry’s delivering a billion dollars today. Everything’s gonna be alright.
Everybody just needs to relax, Odumbo’s got it under control.