Skip to comments.Missing MH370: Search Extended Up to Kazakhstan, Down to Indian Ocean
Posted on 03/15/2014 1:55:46 AM PDT by nickcarraway
The search for MH370 enters a new phase based on new satellite data received, said Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
He told a press conference on Saturday that the search and rescue operations at the South China Sea has ended and all assets will be focussed on two new corridors.
A northern corridor stretching approximately from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand, or a southern corridor from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean, he said.
Najib said based on satellite data, MH370s last communication with the satellite was in one of two possible corridors.
Najib said the investigation team is working to further refine the information received, and that Malaysian authorities have refocused the investigation into the crew and passengers on board.
We are ending our operation in the South China Sea and reassessing the deployment of our assets, he added.
As the two new corridors involve many countries, the relevant foreign embassies have been invited to a briefing today on the new information by the Foreign Ministry and technical experts.
You should go to bed.
If it’s in the Indian Ocean, it will be 1/2 way to Diego Garcia and just South.
I don’t believe there is any radar coverage out there.
It could be in Los Banos.
If they don’t find the plane, does the insurance carrier have to pay?
Re-fueled in the Maldives, now it’s anywhere the hijacker wanted to take it.
Except all the dogs that aren’t barking... one of them shot it down.
I venture 75% chance sitting in a hangar, 25% Davey Jones’ locker.
Next the nimrods on ABC’s good morning America will be suggesting that the bermuda triangle has moved
when a satellite receives a radio signal,
it can sometimes determine the transmitter’s position,
sort of, by doppler shift.
but there is a left-right—crosswise-to-the- track-
nobody seems to be talking about this possibility.
Are there any maps of all the different search areas?
That's one big hangar.
hey two nights ago my neighbor called me complaining about about a low flying airplane over her house. first thing she thought of was the missing jet. I simply stated, “St. Patrick ‘s Day celebration beginning a little early this year.”
up off the 5 in the central valley in California? hmmm interesting theory ;)
Pulau We, Sabang, SBC. An airport.
On an Island off the coast of Banda Aceh.
98% chance the D of C has known where it was 24 hours the flight lifted off the first time
What’s wrong with looking into Australia? There’s a lot of uninhabited land there that’s flat enough to land a jet. The circle of possible range extends well down into that country.
From the looks of that track it sure looks like it
could have made it to Iran, missed India, Afghanistan,
Pakistan, over mountainous terrain most of the way.
Bombay is one of the most frequently attacked peaceful cities in the world - either Bombay or the Burj Khalifa was the intended target.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.