Skip to comments.The six undeniable elements of the ObamaCare scam
Posted on 03/27/2014 12:35:06 PM PDT by Kaslin
There's one born every minute.
The latest delay to ObamaCare - is it the 29th? the 30th? I can't keep track anymore - should leave no doubt in anyone's mind that this ill-conceived law is a complete and utter disaster. I don't think there is anyone left outside the partisan Democrat world (and the mainstream media, which is just another way of saying the same thing) who fails to sense that at this point.
But it's one thing to sense something. It's another to be able to quantify it. To demonstrate factually what a scam ObamaCare is, there are six specific elements we can identify:
1. The way it was passed in the first place. Remember: The Senate passed its version of the bill with 60 votes, exactly the number needed to shut down a Republican filibuster with no votes to spare. Then Ted Kennedy died and was replaced by Republican Scott Brown - before the House and Senate had a chance to reconcile their different versions. Now Republicans would have the votes to filibuster any conference committee report. The only way to pass ObamaCare at this point was to muscle reluctant House Democrats to pass the Senate version without changes, let President Obama sign it into law, and then have Harry Reid abuse reconciliation rules to make later changes. This included promises made, and broken (of course) to pro-life House Democrats like Michigan's Bart Stupak that ObamaCare would result in taxpayer funding of abortions.
2. Everyone's total ignorance of what they were voting for. The bill was 2,700 pages long. It wasn't finalized until days before the vote. They were in such a hurry to pass it, no one had time to read it before voting. No one. Not a problem, said Nancy Pelosi: "We have to pass it so you can find out what's in it." We found out all right.
3. "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance."
4. How did you like that rollout? The web site didn't work. Enrollment is way below projections. Premiums soaring. Networks limited. People kicked off their plans. Delays. Selective exemptions. Unless you're looking for an exemption on the basis of your religious faith, there's almost certainly a loophole for you! Those of you who really believe things are better when government runs them, I present to you, ObamaCare.
5. Remember the reason they said they were doing it in the first place? Because there were 48 million uninsured Americans and that simply wouldn't do? Well, we're days away from the ObamaCare enrollment deadline. We now have . . . 47 million uninsured Americans. Great job, Democrats. You ripped an entire system - which had some flaws but for the most part worked well - from its foundations to accomplish that? None of the assumptions they made about ObamaCare have come true. Only 9 percent of the heretofore uninsured have signed up, and many more lost the insurance they had - and can't afford the ObamaCare-approved alternatives! They don't even know how many have paid their premiums. And thousands have had their hours cut by employers trying to avoid the mandate. Many jobs that could have been created never were by employers trying to stay under the mandate threshold. It's a classic case of Democrats having no understanding of how their heavy-handed actions cause unintended consequences, and then insisting that when the consequences occur it can't possibly be their fault.
6. Journalistic silence. This is really the one component that makes all the others possible. A recent report from the Media Research Center shows that in recent months, ABC, NBC and CBS have spent a combined 31 minutes reporting on ObamaCare's problems. They spend more time talking about President Obama's golf game. (By the way, I part company with many of you here. I don't care how much golf he plays. You can do your jobs from a golf course. His problem is that he doesn't do his job well no matter where he's doing it from.) The lamestream media believe so fervently in the power of government to do good, they simply refuse to undercut this belief by reporting the truth about what happens when it's put into action.
Journalists have spent more time attacking people hurt by ObamaCare than they've spent telling the truth about the problems inherent in the law. But even a media coverup of that magnitude can't hide what people can clearly see with their own eyes, and what they experience in their own lives. These six components of a total scam and an utter disaster. Anyone who still denies that, at this point, is so in the tank for the left-wing big government agenda, all you can do is just hope that one day they wake up.
Meanwhile, the rest of us are hoping to wake up from the nightmare that is ObamaCare.
Complicit and responsible with almost zero accountability.
ObamaCare = pay more & get less
How did anyone ever think this chicken deal could be successfully sold to the public?
Democrats, you deserve to get swamped in November.
They sure do
State inspection laws, health laws, and laws for regulating the internal commerce of a State, and those which respect turnpike roads, ferries, &c. are not within the power granted to Congress. (emphases added) Gibbons v. Ogden, 1824.
Congress is not empowered to tax for those purposes which are within the exclusive province of the States. Justice John Marshall, Gibbons v. Ogden, 1824.
one point is all you need...
1) SOCIALISTS LIE.
“6. Journalistic silence”
That should be #1.
That was the only reason it was able to pass.
Since it's obvious that an overwhelming number of those do not care, AND knowing how much pain has been caused to everybody else because of ODisasterCare, any honest (key word) administration would have repealed it by now.
Those 48M uninsured were not the real reason for doing it, were they /rhetorical
A. Because Sibelius is aiding and abetting Obama to wire-transfer all those tax dollars billions.
And remember, taxpayers....once in the hands of the Dummycrat criminal hordes, the tax billions are untraceable.
ACA SEC. 4002. PREVENTION AND PUBLIC HEALTH FUND.
(a) PURPOSE. It is the purpose of this section to establish a Prevention and Public Health Fund (referred to in this section as the Fund), to be administered through the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Secretary, to provide for expanded and sustained national investment in prevention and public health programs to improve health and help restrain the rate of growth in private and public sector health care costs.
(b) FUNDING.There are hereby authorized to be appropriated, and appropriated, to the Fund, out of any monies in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated
(1) for fiscal year 2010, $500,000,000;
(2) for fiscal year 2011, $750,000,000;
(3) for fiscal year 2012, $1,000,000,000;
(4) for fiscal year 2013, $1,250,000,000;
(5) for fiscal year 2014, $1,500,000,000; and
(6) for fiscal year 2015, and each fiscal year thereafter, $2,000,000,000.
(c) USE OF FUND.The Secretary shall transfer amounts in the Fund to accounts within the Department of Health and Human Services to increase funding, over the fiscal year 2008 level, for programs authorized by the Public Health Service Act, for prevention, wellness, and public health activities including prevention research and health screenings, such as the Community Transformation grant program, the Education and Outreach Campaign for Preventive Benefits, and immunization programs.
(d) TRANSFER AUTHORITY.The Committee on Appropriations of the Senate and the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives may provide for the transfer of funds in the Fund to eligible activities under this section, subject to subsection (c).
SURPRISE TAXPAYERS: The Untraceable $8 Billion ObamaCare PR Budget---truly govt fraud at its finest.
Egged on by Pelosi, no one in Congress told Americans about Section 4002---which mandates an $8B untraceable fund to "promote" Obamacare (apparently b/c Boobamba had so little confidence in his signature legislation).
In 2010 Taxpayers are extorted $500 million, in 2011, $750 million, 2012, $1 billion, 2013, $1.25 billion, 2014, $1.5 billion and in 2015 and on, $2 billion........
Lock-stepping Democrats voted to nationalize 1/6 of the US economy ---- which turns out to be a renewable slush fund for consolidating Dummycrat power.
Obama’s not doing his job on the golf course, he’s doing Reggie Love.
I'd bet it's the other way around.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.