Skip to comments.7 Things Liberals Really Mean When They Cry “Racism”
Posted on 03/29/2014 5:17:39 AM PDT by Kaslin
Racism used to mean hating someone because of his race.
Today, 99 times out of 100 in politics, the word racist is used purely for political reasons without any regard to whether something bigoted was actually said.
That doesn't mean that racism doesn't exist. It CERTAINLY DOES and sometimes it's right out in the open, like the Left's "Black Americans are way too stupid and incompetent to get voter ID like all the other races" canard. But, if we were to define "racism" as offensive statements about someone of another race that wouldn't be automatically excused if Joe Biden, Harry Reid, or Bill Clinton said them, then there's so little "racism" in politics that it's barely worth mentioning.
Yet, the accusations of "racism" never seem to stop. Why? Because when liberals cry "racism," they don't really mean racism. They mean....
1) You disagree with me: "The Republican Party is racist." "Sarah Palin is racist." There's a famous Tea Party sign that reads, "It doesn't matter what this sign says. You'll call it racism anyway!" Why are these people and groups racist? They JUST ARE. "Everybody" knows it. In other words, liberals believe they can't be racist by virtue of being liberal; so people or groups that oppose them must be "racist" by default. It's about as intellectual as a five year old calling someone a "poopy head," but it's how they think.
2) I need more attention and/or money: There are an awful lot of people in the Democrat Party who make a living calling people "racist." Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Melissa Harris-Perry, Toure, Joy Reid, Eric Dyson, the NAACP, Tavis Smiley, Cornell West and Ben Jealous rely on finding new and intriguing ways to accuse people of bigotry to fill their pockets and get in front of cameras. If they couldn't find enough things to call "racist," they'd be nobodies and worse yet, some of them might have to get real jobs instead of pretending to be offended for a living.
3) Lets take a choice away from black Americans: No group in Congress does less to make the lives of its constituents better than the Congressional Black Caucus. Furthermore, no ethnic group in America has been more loyal to a political party with less to show for it than black Americans. So how can it be that the Democrat Party has been an absolute disaster for black Americans, yet it can count on 90% of the black vote every election? Simple; liberals have falsely convinced black Americans that Republicans hate them. That means no matter how bad it gets, Republicans can't even be considered as an option. This is how Democrats have managed to utterly destroy cities like Detroit without the populace even considering the Republican Party as an option.
4) You are disagreeing with a minority: The last thing any liberal wants is to argue an issue on its merits. Is it logical? Does it work? Is the benefit worth the cost? These things have NOTHING to do with why liberals support a position. So, one of the many ways they try to get people off track is to accuse any white person arguing with a minority of being racist. This is a neat trick, given that roughly 70% of Hispanic Americans and 90% of black Americans vote Democrat. Maybe Republicans should adopt this one and start accusing liberals who disagree with Allen West, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz of being racists.
5) Your attack is damaging us: When Republicans hit Democrats with any kind of damaging attack, it is inevitably called "racist." For example, this is how former MSNBC host Martin Bashir could say something as crazy as, "Republicans are using [the IRS scandal] as their latest weapon in the war against the black man in the White House. IRS is the new N****r. It's an attempt to shut Republicans up.
6) You won't do what I want!: When you reward and encourage people who claim to be offended by trivia instead of laughing at them for being such pansies, it only encourages them to lash out more at people who hurt their precious feelings. Liberals who get their feelings hurt tend to respond by classifying the people who've egregiously offended them by say, wearing a Redskins jersey, supporting lower taxes, or not voting for Obama -- as horrible human beings. Maybe they're part of the "patriarchy," "sexists," "homophobes" or "racists." In all fairness, if Hillary Clinton were running for President, liberals would be screaming about sexism all the time. However, since Obama is ruining the country at the moment, calling someone a "racist" is their preferred way of whining that people won't do what they want.
7) Stop trying to do outreach to black Americans: Democrats believe they own black Americans. Thats why they hate black Americans who don't buy into that or white Republicans who want to do outreach. So, if a black Republican challenges the idea that black Americans are all helpless victims of racism who need crumbs from Democrats to survive, he'll be racially insulted. If a white Republican like Paul Ryan starts doing some outreach that could conceivably appeal to black Americans, he will immediately be attacked as a racist. The Democrats are absolutely committed to keeping black Americans under their thumbs and anyone who challenges that will be treated as a threat.
It usually means only one thing. You have won the argument against the liberal.
I believe so too
It is a word that is used to shut you down and it has and it will continue until you get in thier faces
Drugs, lawlessness and promiscuity are forced upon us.
Not surprising since leftism has always been the political home for racists.
#1 should be Racism= the seizure of MORE money from working whites to so-called exploited ‘people of color’
Money trumps all and every racial issue is code for transfer of wealth...
Apparently “code words” keep popping up all over, and are abetted by the reluctance to keep the definition of words to its real original meaning. We have all seen the transformation of words like “gay” (which used to mean “frivolous” or “joyful”) or “faggot” (which used to be a bundle of sticks tied together for kindling wood), into pejoratives relating to the sexual orientation of certain individuals.
Perhaps lack of a common accepted vocabulary is what is keeping communication restricted. Words shape perceptions, after all, and by either not understanding, or deliberately misunderstanding, the other person’s statements is what leads to Charlie Rangel’s total incomprehension of just what a conservative is. Words like “preservation of the Constitutional principles” mean nothing to a person who has never discerned the meanings of the words of that document.
George Orwell was both highly prescient and an excellent student of the history of humanity.
Years ago, Red Skelton did an excellent job of parsing the words of the Pledge of Allegiance, including the words “under God”, with the observation that some day, somebody is going to interpret the Pledge as a prayer, and seek redress for the offense that had been imposed upon the sensibilities.
We are there now.
“Maybe Republicans should adopt this one and start accusing liberals who disagree with Allen West, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz of being racists.”
They should. Every day they should dilute the word more and more until it becomes a useless tool. An word uttered by the left should be met with cries or racism.
Basically turn “racist” into a joke. The same can be done with “homophobe” and “sexist.” The way to beat the left is to play their game, using our rules. We need to take Alinksy’s playbook and use it against them.
Every time I get into a verbal joust with a lefty, I call him a blathering idiot and end the conservation right there.
Exactly. It’s time to go Alinsky on the Left.
I’m gonna use that. The next time I get called a racist, i’m gonna smile, shake the hand of the person who called me racist and say “thank you for by default declaring me the winner of our argument. that word has been so overused and misused that its use in this context now means nothing. And since you effectively have nothing to refute my argument, I win. Again, thank you”. and then walk briskly away.
Ping. This should be front page on every newspaper in the US and especially on the cover of Ebony and Jet.
When they cry “racism” they are reassuring us that they are intolerant Nazis.
I am not aware of his “Pledge” with the “under God” part. Could you give me a link to that possibly please?
We need to turn it into a new Goodwin’s law - first one to reference racism (like Nazism) has lost the argument. The question is - what do we call it? The Jackson/Sharpton law? The progressive law?
I absolutely agree. We should use it for every slight or infraction that we see. Someone bumps into you, call them a racist. Someone runs a stop sign, shout racist! Especially call anyone with an 0bama t-shirt or bumper sticker RACIST!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.