Skip to comments.Marijuana linked to death of Colorado exchange student
Posted on 04/02/2014 2:44:44 PM PDT by kingattax
An exchange student fell to his death after ingesting marijuana in Colorado - the first death linked to the drug since it was legalised in the US state.
Levy Thamba, 19, plummeted from the balcony of a Denver hotel on 11 March after eating a cannabis-laced cookie.
A post-mortem examination found marijuana intoxication was a factor in the Wyoming student's death.
Colorado became the first US state to legalise recreational use of the drug in January.
Mr Thamba, a native of the Republic of Congo, had reportedly begun taking classes at Northwest College in Powell, Wyoming, the same month.
(Excerpt) Read more at bbc.com ...
Reefer Madness baby!
Just say no!
Read the article earlier today in the Denver Post. The young man (exchange student) was attending college in Wyoming. He was visiting Denver when he fell to his death from a hotel balcony.
Quickly, call the state to outlaw pot again! In all the years of state-legalized alcohol, nothing like this has ever happened before!
Once upon a time, my husband and I drove out to the country for a party. There was a bonfire outside and refreshments inside. Someone informed me that there were Alice B Tocklas brownies. A few minutes later I saw my husband in with the refreshments. He had a brownie in his hand. I said, “Oh, no, how many of those have you eaten?” “Four”. “Well, I guess we won’t be driving home tonight,” I groaned. I had no drivers license. We slept along with others around the campfire. The next afternoon hubby decided he felt clear enough to drive home. But, as we drove back to town, he also remarked, “I guess I won’t work on the roof today after all.” The moral is don’t do stupid stuff when drunk, high, or otherwise under bad influences. This poor fellow was both high and too high.
in the same way that dinner was related to your last automobile accident
Frail Ethel Kennedy attends daughters drugged driving trial
time to outlaw prescription drugs!
Not likely it was just one cookie. More likely several, too many drinks and a big, heaping plate of stupid.
"Levy Thamba, 19, plummeted from the balcony of a Denver hotel on 11 March after drinking a glass of milk. ... A post-mortem examination found milk intoxication was a factor in the Wyoming student's death."
1. a. milk can cause adverse reactions in people.
2. b. Adverse reactions can cause someone to fall off a balcony.
3. c. anyone that has an adverse reaction to milk can fall from a balcony.
Wasn’t in Tennessee was it?
Well, I guess they got what they are asking for. Now if we can hear more stories like this in Seattle.
1 thats it? Quite certain alcohol has probably killed 5 to 10 times as many since passed. While I dont smoke I dont begrudge others that choose to. Whatever floats one’s boat
Several states away, but why Tennessee?
Too bad, so sad, toght tootsies. I hope the parents sue the pants off of the colorado govt. which is an accessory to this kids death.
People are too trusting with the locals.
I can Fly!not.
think about how stupid the average person is, then realize
that half of em are stupider than that !
Nooo, outlaw hard flat surfaces—that was the cause of death!
Wow!!! Reading the responses on this thread; seems a lot of FReepers are potheads or at least support dumbing down our country through legalization; they don’t realize that Soros has put a lot of money behind these initiatives.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.