Skip to comments.IRS under fire: Vote for Obama stickers, campaign cheerleading commonplace
Posted on 04/09/2014 7:06:57 AM PDT by mandaladon
Even as the IRS faces growing heat over Lois G. Lerner and the tea party targeting scandal, a government watchdog said Wednesday its pursuing cases against three other tax agency employees and offices suspected of illegal political activity in support of President Obama and fellow Democrats.
In one case the Office of Special Counsel, which investigates federal employees who conduct politics on government time, said it was commonplace in a Dallas IRS office for employees to have pro-Obama screensavers on their computers, and to have campaign-style buttons and stickers at their office. In another case, a worker at the tax agencys customer help line urged taxpayers to re-elect President Obama in 2012 by repeatedly reciting a chant based on the spelling of his last name, the Office of Special Counsel said in a statement.
OSC said it is seeking significant disciplinary action against that employee.
Another IRS employee in Kentucky has agreed to serve a 14-day suspension for blasting Republicans in a conversation with a taxpayer.
Theyre going to take women back 40 years, the IRS employee said in a conversation that was recorded. The employee also said that if you vote for a Republican, the rich are going to get richer and the poor are going to get poorer.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
The IRS thinks it manufactures money like a hydroponic pot farm.
These people are gangsters who are going to one day lose their privileges and be left with no friends nor any rights.
As they said in Soviet Times, see you in the Gulag when you get fired.
sacastic - At least the workers didn’t have one of those Christian cross thingies hanging off the computer screen.
Blatant illegal electioneering by Democrats = not a story.
A Republican kissing another man’s wife = big story.
Wouldn’t this be illegal?
**Blatant illegal electioneering by Democrats = not a story.
A Republican kissing another mans wife = big story.**
This is like chewing gum in school compared to what Lerner and her minions did.
There is now a huge black cloud of smoke (and possibly a roaring fire!) of information that may confirm President Obama may have authorized the use of the IRS to go after political enemies--and may have used the NSA's comprehensive snooping program as part of that process.
14 day no doubt PAID suspension. Ie, nearly 3 week taxpayer paid vacation that doesn’t count against their existing vacation time.
Oooo, not the comfy chair!
Yeah but Nixon was an ol’ white dude /s
No different than driving by the local public school and seeing a staff lot full of fancy cars with Obama bumper stickers.
Not surprised at all.
There is now a huge black cloud of smoke (and possibly a roaring fire!) of information that may confirm President Obama may have authorized the use of the IRS to go after political enemies
This IRS stuff is what happens when you don’t have an engaged opposition party to rampaging marxists. There have been public reports of IRS misconduct for at least 3 years. And almost a year since the issue went nuclear. Yet the GOP has done NOTHING about it. They have tools available to combat this and they have chosen to do NOTHING. So naturally the Dems continue the assaults.
Nixon threatened, so he had to go.
Obama actually used the IRS and we hear crickets.
Jabberwocky time here.
If I were a liberal Democrat in 2014, I’d be laughing and peeing in everyone’s face too.
Nothing will be done about this.
Surely Holder will instruct his staff to fast-track the investigation.
Then Again,Some Of Us DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm noted for the variety of Atlas Shrugged themed polo shirts I wear at work. For example, one has the logo of Danneskjold Repossessions on the left side of the shirt.
95% of the people I work with have never heard of Ayn Rand, the other 5% have read AS. Most of the time, I get quizzical looks.
No surprise. The irs is a great big welfare organization, where people pretend to work and get a paycheck in lieu of welfare.
Plus affirmative action in the extreme.
All dedicated to taking money from hard-working Republicans and giving it to lazy slobs who vote democrat.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.