Skip to comments.Newt Gingrich at the Freedom Summit (Video, 38 Minutes)
Posted on 04/13/2014 7:13:55 AM PDT by BCrago66
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich (R-GA) presented the Americans for Prosperity Fundations New Hampshire Conservative of the Year Award to former Speaker of the New Hampshire House William OBrien (R). After Representative OBriens remarks, former Representative Gingrich made further remarks.
Citizens United and Americans for Prosperity Foundation held the inaugural Freedom Summit at the Executive Court Banquet Facility in Manchester, N.H
(Excerpt) Read more at c-span.org ...
I know Gingrich has a not-small number of detractors here on FR, but I like the guy. He certainly would not have rolled over against Obama like Romney did in the general election in 2012.
A new “Contract with America” would have to include prison for the whole damn Democrat Administration, every single one, elected and appointed. JMHO!
Newt was my congressman for years. And, I have in the past been very harshly critical of him.
Nonetheless, my future support for him in the future rests on his position on any sort of legalization, normalization or acceptance of criminal illegals in this country.
It also depends on his stance on Healthcare (Obamacare)....it has to start with Cruz’s words......”Repeal every [effing] word of it”.
Can he meet these requirements? We’ll see.
Good points. Newt has been great on ObamaCare; on illegal immigration, not so much. Post-welfare state, the motivation of immigrants (legal & illegal) have changed, as so many of them now are come here to be takers, not producers. And as takers, they’re overwhelmingly Democrats, whose continued admission by the tens of millions will kill the 2-party system.
Hopefully Newt will recognize this, and better his stand on immigration.
I hope so too. I’m not against him because of all the reasons I’ve indicated here in the past. Frankly, I want a Conservative to get the nomination, and I want him or her to follow through with his/her promises. That’s all. If he can substantively show he knows what America is about, not in an academic way, but in the ways these problems PLAGUE us in virtually every aspect of our lives, then I’d be for him. I’m hoping he sees the light.
~Newt Gingrich, 2012
====== NEWT GINGRICH'S GREAT 2012 CAMPAIGN SPEECHES ======
CPAC 2012 Speech -- Newt Gingrich, U.S. President Elect
CPAC 2012 Speech -- Sarah Palin, U.S. Vice President Elect
Nancy Reagan (1995) : Ronnie turned that Torch over to Newt
NRA Second Amendent Speech -- Newt Gingrich
U.S. Energy Independence in 2012 -- Speech
U.S. Energy Independence in 2012 -- Newt Gingrich
"America's Space Renaissance" in Florida !
Newt Gingrich -- Vision for America in Space Again
Why is Newt Gingrich So Angry ?
Newt Gingrich : South Carolina Victory Speech (2012-01-21)
Newt Gingrich : Christmas Day in 1776 George Washington's "Victory or Death"
Newt Stoutly Defends the Second Amendment (Right to Bear Arms)
Newt Gingrich Constitutional Removal of Radial-Liberal Federal Judges
Newt Slams an "Increasingly Radical" EPA
Newt Defends Israel and Shows how the Palestinians are an "Invented" people !
Newt Warns against the Proposed 9-11 NYC Islamic Mosque and Islamic Sharia Law
Gingrich Compares Radical-Isalmics Muslims To Nazis
Newt Gingrich On The Threat Of Radical Islam
Newt Gingrich Americas Defense of Judea-Christian Ideals and Defense against Islamic Fascism
Gingrich: Aggressive Prosecution of Radical-Militant U.S. Muslim Groups
Newt Gingrich: Response to CNNs John King Divorce Question
Newt Gingrich to Juan Williams: Americans Want Paychecks, Not Food Stamps
Gingrich BLASTS Chris Wallace for his "Gotcha" Questions at Iowa Debate
Newt Destroys Ron Paul's Foreign Policy Vis-à-Vis Killing Osama bin Laden
Gingrich: My Credential Is 4.2% Unemployment
Newt Slams Obama's Stupidity on the Keystone Pipeline
Gingrich attacks Federal Reserve (Bernanke and Geitner) Deception and Corruption
Newt Discusses Job Creation and Dismantling Federal (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
Newt: No American President Should Bow to a Saudi King
Newt Gingrich: Super PAC Committee Is Washington's Dumbest Idea
====== NEWT GINGRICH'S GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS ======
Newt Gingrich understands ... what many of us know to be true ...
America is dangerously close to becoming a Marxist Godless Socialist Second-World nation ...
While in congress, Newt
* Founded the Conservative Opportune Society which met weekly to discuss ideas many of which were adopted by Reagan during his second term supporting the groups conservative goals on economic growth, education, crime, and social issues.
* Co founded the Congressional Military Reform Caucus and the Congressional Aviation and Space Caucus
* Led charges against the Democrat Speaker of the House Jim Wright
* Became House Minority Whip in 1989
* In 1990, he came up with a paper titled Language, a Key Mechanism of Control, that encouraged Republicans to speak like Newt and contained lists of contrasting words words with negative connotations such as radical, sick, and traitors and optimistic positive governing words such as opportunity, courage, and principled, that Gingrich recommended for use in describing Democrats and Republicans, respectively Now we know why he is so good with words during the debates.
* Gingrich and several other Republicans, in an effort to offer an alternative to Democratic policies and to unite distant wings of the Republican Party came up with a Contract with America which laid out ten policies that Republicans promised to bring to a vote on the House floor during the first hundred days of the new Congress if they won the elections. The contract was signed by Gingrich and other Republican candidates for the House of Representatives. The contract ranged from issues such as welfare reform, term limits, tougher crime laws, and a balanced budget law, to more specialized legislation such as restrictions on American military participation in UN missions. In the November 1994 elections, Republicans gained 54 seats and took control of the House for the first time since 1954.
* Congress fulfilled Gingrichs Contract promise to bring all ten of the Contracts issues to a vote within the first 100 days of the session
* Legislation proposed by the 104th US Congress included term limits for Congressional Representatives, tax cuts, welfare reform, and a balanced budget amendment, as well as independent auditing of the finances of the House of Representatives and elimination of non-essential services such as the House barbershop and shoe-shine concessions.
* Newt led the Republican majority to an re-election in 1996, the first time Republicans had done so in 68 years, and the first time simultaneously with a Democratic president winning re-election.
* In 1996, Newt pushed for the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act which was intended to reconstruct the welfare system. The act gave state governments more autonomy over welfare delivery, while also reducing the federal governments responsibilities. It instituted the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, which placed time limits on welfare assistance and replaced the longstanding Aid to Families with Dependent Children program. Other changes to the welfare system included stricter conditions for food stamp eligibility, reductions in immigrant welfare assistance, and recipient work requirements. The said act was signed into law on Aug 22, 1996.
* Pushed Clinton for a Federal Balanced Budget- The plan included a total of $152 billion in Republican sponsored tax cuts over five years. Other major parts of the spending plan called for $115 billion to be saved through a restructuring of Medicare, $24 billion set aside to extend health insurance to children of the working poor, tax credits for college tuition, and a $2 billion welfare-to-work jobs initiative. Plan was to have a balanced budget by 2002 but was achieved in 1999, three years ahead of schedule.
* Through the Contract with America, Gingrich was credited with the largest Capital Gains Tax Cut in US History with the 1997 US Tax Relief Act