Skip to comments.15 Examples Of "Liberal Privilege"
Posted on 04/15/2014 1:05:25 AM PDT by Kaslin
Since liberals can't find enough real examples of racism to whine over, they've taken drastic steps to invent imaginary bigotry. One of the ways they've done this, especially on college campuses, is by embracing the concept of "privilege."
The general idea is that as a straight, white heterosexual male, you have all sorts of special "privileges" you should feel guilty about because of your "dominant" position in society. Buzzfeed even put together a special quiz on the subject called, "How Privileged Are You?" Some of the indications of "privilege" on the quiz include:
* I have never been told I sound white.
* My parents are heterosexual.
* I am a man.
* I have never felt unsafe because of my gender.
* I have never been homeless.
To take this sort of hyper-sensitivity seriously requires a mind-boggling lack of self-awareness because EVERYBODY has some kind of "privilege" that could benefit him in some way, shape or form that others don't have.
I've worked at jobs where the managers have said they couldn't fire a black employee who deserved it solely because they needed more of a paper trail to fire a non-white employee. There are illegal aliens getting in-state tuition when Americans from other states can't. There are transexuals who can use whatever bathroom they want based on how they "feel" about their gender that day. It's much more acceptable for a woman to stay home and take care of her kids while her partner supports her than it is for a man. If you're gay, you're much more likely to be taken seriously if you claim that you're the victim of a hate crime than someone who's straight.
Oh, but those don't count...why not?
Because if you apply the same rules of "privilege" to everyone, it becomes obvious that whole concept is stupid?
Well, the rest of us already know that, but in order to help liberals catch up, here are 15 examples of "liberal privilege."
1) You can commit a crime and your local newspaper usually won't mention what party you're in if you're a Democrat.
2) You can be a white liberal who viciously mocks black men like Clarence Thomas, Allen West, and Ben Carson without being called a racist.
3) You can be a Communist or a radical Islamist, you can hate America or even engage in acts of terrorism and still get a job as a college professor. In fact, it probably makes it more likely you'll be hired.
4) You can live in a mansion, fly around in private jets and consume more energy than a small town and still be taken seriously when you say we need to cut back on our lifestyles to fight global warming.
5) You can hold a conference like Netroots Nation that's as white as any Tea Party without having people suggest that your event is somehow "racist" for not having more minorities present.
6) You can hold protests without paying for permits, illegally sleep in the park for weeks, and crap in the street and the police turn a blind eye to what you're doing.
7) You can make Ebenezer Scrooge look like Mother Teresa and you'll still be told you're "compassionate" for supporting liberal policies that ruin the lives of poor Americans.
8) You have the option of sending your kids to a liberal school, watching liberal news, and then enjoying liberal TV shows so that your insular liberal world never has to be shaken by actual conservatives explaining their ideas.
9) If you work for a newspaper, a college, or in Hollywood, you can freely spout your political beliefs at every opportunity without fear of facing any retaliation for your beliefs. As an added bonus, you can then tell everyone how "brave" you are for taking the same positions all of your friends and colleagues hold.
10) If you're a liberal minority politician, you can be crooked, ignore your constituents, and do nothing of consequence to make their lives better while you get elected over and over again.
11) You can be taken seriously as some kind of girl power, women's rights icon even though your entire career is built on being married to a serial adulterer who became President.
12) You can have millions of dollars in the bank and not be laughed at when you complain about all those awful rich people ruining the country.
13) Newspapers will ignore scandals that would be front page news FOR MONTHS if a Republican were involved because a liberal is behind them.
14) You can wear mom jeans, throw like a girl, and look like a dork on a bike and Hollywood will tell everyone you're cool if you're a liberal President.
15) You can cheer for women who abort their female babies right before you accuse OTHER PEOPLE of waging a "war" on women.
I have one to add.
You can be a moron and as long as you talk like a liberal, you are “brilliant”... Never mind reality...
Let’s call liberals what they are: Communists and Fascists!
Gee! They even get away with having Soviet propaganda posters on their kitchen wall and Communist Christmas ornaments on their White House tree.
Good list. Thx for posting.
“5) You can hold a conference like Netroots Nation that’s as white as any Tea Party without having people suggest that your event is somehow “racist” for not having more minorities present. “
What do you mean by “as white as any Tea Party”? I don’t like the inference that the Tea Party is an all white organization.
Ha, ha, I took that quiz and found out I was exceptionally privileged. I would bet that any white male, no matter what travails he went through in his life, would be classified by that test as being extremely privileged. I didn’t see any questions about whites from Appalachia. I guess those white people, the poorest whites in the country, are extremely privileged like all the rest of white people. (snicker)
And that is reason 101 why I left journalism after college and went into Marketing.
The days of entering a discussion with the intent of changing minds passed long ago. There is no one left to reason with. The Book says they will be “days of delusion.”
No list of liberal privilege is complete without scare quotes around the word liberal. Because the biggest liberal privilege of all is the privilege of being called liberal when you are nothing of the sort.
The meaning of the word liberal was inverted in the 1920s. Prior to that time, the term applied to the attitudes which are now smeared as conservative. Smeared? Yes, smeared. Because in actual fact there are no real conservatives in America. What passes for conservative is adherence to a fixed system for progress. A belief in progress is not conservative, but progress is an objective of the Constitution (you could look it up, its why establishing the Patent Office is an explicit power of Congress). Liberty isnt conservative, either - and a belief in liberty was the defining characteristic of liberals back before the word liberal was hijacked by people whose sentiments were the exact opposite of liberal.It must be obvious that the meaning of a word could not be inverted by people who lacked propaganda power. The process had to have the backing of journalism.
You’re right. I would rephrase that sentence to read something along these lines: “ that’s as white as every liberal claims the TEA party to be ..”
“I left journalism after college and went into Marketing”
Aren’t they ultimately the same thing nowadays?
I think “fascist” hits them the hardest, even more so than “communist”.
And you can back it up with the definition. They have no way to deny that their policies are fascist.
“You can be a moron and as long as you talk like a liberal, you are brilliant... Never mind reality...”
You are guilty of packing too much undistilled truth into one sentence! Even now men with dogs and automatic weapons are on their way. You cannot escape.
I can certainly vouch for the fact that the Tea Party is NOT all white. I have attended rallies and there were black speakers at every one of them. One was a man with whom I have been acquainted for some years and he is as solid a conservative as you are likely to find. The Tea Party is NOT a racist organization like the “Democratic” party. The Tea Party did not exist when Democrats were organizing and running the KKK and lynching black people along with any white people who dared to speak a positive word about black people. The Tea Party is not the party of Bull Connor, George Wallace or Lester Maddox, that is the Democrat Party. The party of racism in America has always been and still is the Democrat party. Democrats have always attached their cause to Racism of one form or another. They have been so successful in projecting their own acts onto their opposition that most of the black people that I know believe that Abraham Lincoln was a Democrat. Many of them appear to believe that the old “Jim Crow South” of the past was controlled by Republicans when in reality a Republican was only slightly less rare in that environment than a wild Kangaroo wearing an “I Like Ike” button. There are few things on Earth more absurd than Democrats pretending to be the champions of the downtrodden. Not to say the the modern GOP is anywhere near perfect either but the GOP does not have the long history of racism that the other major party has. I for one am sick and tired of this farce of pretense that the Republicans invented racism.
As for those who claim that any white person who does not support Obama is automatically a racist while all those who voted for him only BECAUSE he claims to be a black man are NOT racists, that is so monstrously ridiculous that anyone who can believe it is simply mentally incompetent. It defies any sort of logic.
Not exactly, when I was about to graduate from college I was in the middle of ObamaMania at the University of Iowa. You would be shocked by how liberal these J-Schools are reporters would go on and on about their love for the Democrats and if you came out as a conservative, which I did, your career would suffer. In journalism, you have to talk about politics, in the corporate world the issue can mainly be avoided and I have found that there are many more conservatives in business than there are in journalism.
Just my two cents, but so far in business I found out that if you work hard you get ahead, the same applies to journalism too, but you better be a lib because if you aren't that's a red mark against you and can negatively affect your career.
I was listening to Jason Lewis the other day and he was bemoaning the thought (basically a fact now) that liberalism is institutionalized based on the facts on the ground. Everywhere you look management cowers when confronted by the diversity crowd, never speaking up to these bullies that force acceptance of their worldview, but never accepting anything that confronts liberal dogma.
How is that diverse and accepting and why does nearly no one in corporate America ever stand up to these bullies? Why does no one seem to want to stand on their convictions and ultimately expose the double standard for what it really is?
At some point you have to punch the bully in the nose to make them stop, so far I haven’t seen it, not really anyway - no one withstands the protracted battle to its ultimate conclusion except to eventually acquiesce. Seems to me liberals never acquiesce.
This is ultimately what I was getting at. Politics is in any business, like it or not. Grievance mongering is a big part of that, but it is definitely politics.
In the corporate world I find that as long as I do my job and do a good job that I am rewarded. I haven't encountered too many politics in my profession, maybe I'm fortunate, but if I do, I can always tell the person that maybe we should talk about something else and that usually stops a toxic environment from devolping and creates an environment of professionalism.
Don't get me wrong there are some institutions that just advocate liberalism and I wish to avoid them i.e. Google. But, my limited experience is that most businesses are apolitcal, when it comes to the American political system, and they only care about the quality of work you're doing and they don't get hung up on ideology your are like education or the newsroom.
You now see the same attacks being levied against other once-sainted companies like Apple, Amazon and Facebook as well.