Skip to comments.“If Obamacare Dies, Sarah Palin Killed It”
Posted on 04/22/2014 3:48:14 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
Several weeks ago the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia sponsored a debatemore a discussionbetween me and Thaddeus Mason Pope about end of life care under the Affordable Care Act. He supports medical futility. I oppose it. We went from there.
I began my presentation with the quote in the headline aboveasserting that Palins term death panels may have put a spear through the heart of Obamacare.
I then said:
People are afraid of centralized bureaucrats dictating whether Craigs [the moderators terminally ill babies) children can have medical care, whether my 96-year-old mother can have medical care, whether people with disabilities can have medical care If you start looking at a quality of life ethic instead of an equality of life ethic, youve broken the back of Hippocratic medical values
I worry you are deprofessionalizing medicine, turning it into a technocratic endeavor. I dont think thats good for the country. I dont think thats good for the medical system. And I dont think thats good for patients.
It was a good and thorough discussion, during which we disagreed and agreed about differing aspects of medical futility, health care rationing, and Obamacare. If you are interested, here is the link to the Youtube video.
I hope you will take the time to tune in, because your life and that of those you love are materially impacted by these issues.
HMO’s and the insurance companies started the ruin, this totally kills it.
Hooray for sarah palin.
If Sarah Palin alone manages to kill Zerocare, I submit we should appoint her Empress for life! Unfortunately I have begun to believe it will take the Second American Revolution to actually get rid of it.
If she gets credit for killing this terrible law, that will be another reason to celebrate President Sarah Palin [and she deserves that title at least as much as the current occupant of our White House - more if she wins an honest election in 2016].
I can see a painting now entitled Sarah d’Arc leading her army against OBarbariancare:
Or even better with her on a horse slaying a beast “St. Sarah and the Dragon”:
Outstanding. Thanks for the post, 2DV.
Good I hope so.
Goodness NR is really off in the weeds for the last decade (and more). I am sure Bill is turning rapidly
I say we pin a medal on her for doing so.
>>I say we pin a medal on her for doing so.<<
*waving hand* ME ME ME — let ME pin it on her!!!!!
I LOVE Sarah Palin.
God, family, country and guns...she’s my kind of woman. I wish she lived next door.
If she is credited with killing this monstrosity she should be canonized Saint Sarah of Wasilla, protector of the downtrodden. I don’t care if she is Catholic or not.
Sorry pal. My idea so I get to do the pinning. Maybe after a nice dinner and a bottle of wine or two.
If Palin killed Obamacare, the only way it could have survived is if the lie were left unchallenged.
I did not realize how much power she has, being outside of Washington, DC and all. What else did she destroy? Maybe she will soon kick many RINO’s into the Democrat party, where they can be birds of a feather.
There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.
The first is the most important.
1) Healthcare Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income).
6) Education Take control of what people read and listen to take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.
8) Class Warfare Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
Now, think ...
Does any of this sound like what is happening to the United States?
Victories or defeats attributed to personalities can be more easily overturned than those attributed to human nature and the natural order of the world.