Skip to comments.Why the Left Will Never Abandon ‘Global Warming’
Posted on 04/24/2014 11:17:51 AM PDT by rktman
It wont surprise readers of this column to learn that the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCG) insists that unless global warming is addressed, the planet promises to suffer all manner of evil. Courtesy of coastal flooding and storm surges, urban populations especially are susceptible to the risk of death, injury, and disrupted livelihoods [.]
To a far greater extent than any other issue, that of Global Warming reveals what makes the leftist mind tick.
(Excerpt) Read more at frontpagemag.com ...
Dear IPCC: How much global warming has there been in the last 17 years? Answer: NONE!!!!
Perhaps this will offend some, but I see a similarity between the blind worship of AGW and some of the old hell-and-brimstone preaching. Both use the prospect of dramatic future catastrophes to whip up their adherents.
Because they're in love with the idea of world government. They feel that false science, enviro-fascism, and Agenda 21 is the way to get there.
The real reason is because anyone with reasonable IQ can clearly see a significant portion of USA has gone quite insane.
Even though it’s been proven to be a complete fraud, the left has too much invested in “climate change” to admit it’s not real. They had to change the name from Global Warming to Climate Change, but that didn’t faze them.
Money may be the motivation for the elite leftists.
But something far more precious is at stake for the sheeperal...
Next Step “Climate Instability”
You read it here first
woops “Climate Instability” has already been “Coined!”
I thought the latest iteration was climate “disruption”. Hard to keep up with their “change” of names. Just to keep us disrupted.
I liked all of the old Dr. Who shows. So, I was excited when they revamped the series. Imagine my shock to find the earth is subservient to the United Nations and Dr. Who is a homosexual. I didn’t quite make it through the first episode I attempted to watch.
LOL! Gotta quit livin’ in the past. :>}
As far as “false science” goes, there was one old theory that probably formed the root of the thinking going on in the “climate change” dogma.
Phlogiston is a debunked old theory about the nature of fire. It was thought that it was a material without odor, color, taste, or mass, and it was held in flammable substances like wood and coal. Burning was the release of this phlogiston.
In the new iteration of this theory, the harsh cold is what releases global warming upon the world, and once initiated, the chain reaction will continue to release this warming effect as long as there is ANY carbon dioxide left in the atmosphere.
Therefore, the allowable level of CO2 cannot ever exceed 350 parts per million, or else the chain reaction, once started, is irreversible.
Science by consensus often comes with conclusions like this. This line of thought probably was augmented by cannabis and fueled by cheap wine.
Yeah but the old preaching does not need people to believe so that they can continue to sale their products and keep their funding.
As long a Global Warming remains a multi-billion$$$$ cash cow, it will remain real. Those who are invested in “green” companies that market and sale green products and those whose livelihood depends on govm’t funding would be complete idiots to deny GW or downplay the hype. That would be like shooting your cash cow in the head.
It would be like cities around Loch Ness claiming “the monster is not real, you can all go home now”.
Instead, idiots believe it and pay $12 for the t-shirt, $6 for the Loch Ness burger, $8 for the Loch Ness action figure, $30 for the Loch Ness charter boat tour...etc....
Oh, I don’t know, global warming religionists are the kind who think that the series “A World Without People” should have a laugh track.
They are in fact religious fanatics. And we know what RF’s think of any who do not share their beliefs. Some of them are prepared to act upon that. Others already have.
Once they got feeeeeeelings involved, everyone jumped on. Now they can’t jump off, or else they are branded as soulless earth killers that don’t care about the children.
Then, of course, it became fashionable. All the latest hipsters and hollywood elites were doing it. So to be cool, you had to do exactly as they say.
Most teenagers and adult hipsters need a “cause”. Even if they don’t actually do anything for their cause, they can buy tickets to a environmental concert, or they can hit a ‘like’ button on the internet for their cause, or they can scream bloody murder at anyone who doesn’t share the same compassion for their cause. But at least they can say they have a cause.
And cocaine and a political agenda.
But not by unbiased scientific methods approved by sound testing and study.
You might say these AGW devotees are evangelicals of sorts. Unfortunately their efforts have had little success. They gnash their teeth at those of us yokels who aren’t as well-educated and understanding as they because the tide of public opinion is ebbing away from their theories and it gails them deeply.
It ‘gauls’ them deeply.
The Left is sure the could never be wrong. I wonder if the engineers who designed the Titanic or the Hindenberg were liberal...
Similarities between major monotheist religions and AGW:
* demands for sacrifices in this life for the greater good, tithes for religions, carbon credits and minimalist lifestyle for AGW
* people are inherently bad; original sin for Christianity, humans are toxic/pollution/disease for AGW. The difference is that Christianity, Islam and Judaism believe humans can be redeemed through faith or works, whereas environmentalism
* all have a deity - for AGW, they just worship mother Earth without admitting that they have a deity.
* all have penance for sins - confession or good works or being saved by Christians, paying carbon taxes or giving to liberal charities by AGW
* hell - for monotheists, in the next life, for AGW, this world in our lifetimes if we don’t adhere to their strict restrictions
* dietary rules - for AGW, local foods and vegetarian/vegan are superior, no GMO allowed. For Jews and Muslims, no pork. For Christians, not really unless you are part of a sect that says no alcohol or follows Kosher rules.
* apocalypse / end times - end of physical Earth for AGW with ramped up notions of human extinction and death of all life on Earth unless their strictest strictures are followed; for Judeo-Christians, life is as lousy as normal until more people become religious and follow the 10 commandments until/unless a messiah shows up.
AGW / environmentalism is a pagan religion. The irony is that they blast conservative/literal Christians and Jews for their faith while failing to recognize their own. They even have their formal orthodoxies on everything from a budding caste system to political views to proper clothing (no leather), but refuse to admit it is such.
When a man stops believing in God he doesnt then believe in nothing, he believes anything.
Time we start blaming the same things in GUN CONTROL. There are tornados in Mississippi...Gun Control caused them. This makes the same “logical” conclusion. Every time they say global warming, we just say gun control.
Post 25: nice list!
You could also say that all of these rules work together to get a big share of your attention. Worrying about dietary details, praying 5 times a day, attending every Green rally and voting the extreme left ticket.
So I think—Evil intelligent design of the movement near its inception or emergent phenonena? I can’t decide.
Gun control nazis. Climate disruption nazis. You get the idea.
Environmentalism/communism-socialism is succeeding where atheist communism failed because:
* it didn’t approach the West as an ideological enemy but ingrained itself in everything
* it latched onto the desire to clean up rivers that caught fire and dirty air and morphed into “limit family size, energy usage and freedom” in the name of the same “help the environment”
* many people who are Judeo-Christian can agree with precepts like don’t litter, don’t kill animals needlessly, let’s have more parks - it is the communist/socialist solutions like “no ranching”, outlaw plastic bags and make owning pets darn near illegal that they have to fight. The struggle is then with a continuum where people now argue with a squishy middle, not realizing the other side is actually an enemy with which you cannot compromise.
* saving the planet / saving the Earth is a broad premise that can be adopted by anyone in any nation, creed and belief system. This isn’t seen as threatening by someone who believes in God, but can even seem great because you can rally with Jews and atheists for a common cause.
* There are plenty of Christian verses on being a good steward that can be co-opted to push Christians to go along.
The left has refined its narrative and refined its methods over the past half century. Very sneaky, in the ways you note.
This year it’s income inequality. And race isn’t going away either. “Global climate change” is already starting to sound a little last decade or last century.
The biggest reason by far is they can’t admit they’re wrong.