Skip to comments.You think she has had ENOUGH?????
Posted on 04/28/2014 8:42:13 AM PDT by drypowder
You think she has had ENOUGH?????
So true ..
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ...but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.
Think she has had ENOUGH from Congress? We all have!
This lady could not have said it any better.
Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is! "Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bastards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.
That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch. P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits "entitlements". WHAT AN INSULT!!!! I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years It's my money-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks .
EVERYONE!! If you agree with what a Montana citizen, Patty Myers, says, please PASS IT ON!!!!
POliticians know about ‘tits’ and the sucking thereof. That’s for sure.
Still a good read, even if posted before. She really ought to revise it since #4 about the change of the retirement age goes back to the Reagan administration. Saying “recently” on that change seems a stretch, IMO.
PATTY MYERS in Montana knows very little about SS and how it works. Her ignorance is mind-boggling.
I’m not sure that a lifelong expectation of receiving benefits from a welfare program makes it anything other than a welfare program.
No, it never was. The only thing that ever changed was Federal accounting.
And interest bearing account? What's that mean?
The Reagan/Democrats SS reform deal raised FICA taxes to create an operational surplus so they could spend that $$$, of course the government gave themselves IOUs to cover it.
If the government raises taxes then they will spend it.
Its that simple.
I always ask this first too.
She says what I think.
But, back in 1964 Social security was so solvent it would NEVER need government subsidies!
“The program is designed so that contributions plus interest on the investments of the social security trust funds will be sufficient to meet all of the costs of benefits and administration, now and into the indefinite future—without any subsidy from the general funds of the Government.
Both the Congress and the Executive Branch, regardless of political party in power, have scrupulously provided in advance for full financing of all liberalizations in the program.”
AND HERE is where your money went! Read and weep!
I only disagree with her on one point.
I think, the Social Security Ponzi scheme would make Madoff BLUSH, not be proud.
Even a pond-scum dirtbag like Madoff has SOME standards.
Im not sure that a lifelong expectation of receiving benefits from a welfare program makes it anything other than a welfare program.
Social Security is not a welfare program.
For up to the first $100K a every person in America makes , 14% of their income is skimmed right off the top to be put into the Social Security program.
That a person has provided 14% of their income to the Government for their entire working life for a program that promises to provide a retirement income for them and is a realistic expectation that they should receive a return on their “investment”
Several years ago AARP magazine had an article on how the Social Security program was NOT a Ponzi scheme. It went into detail on how a Ponzi scheme worked and showed how they all collapsed. Because Social Security has not collapsed it is not a Ponzi Scheme.
Several pages later there was an article by Jane Bryant Quinn on Social Security and how it worked. Her definition of it’s workings was just like a Ponzi Scheme although she did not say it.
She is on the right track. As I always say these (Simpson, bureaucrats, Congress, judges...) are the smart ones. Remember, they are the ones that got us in this mess. Meanwhile, us dumb ones are to blame by the elite class.
Someone takes that 16% of your pay (don’t forget employer share) for 4 decades, you damn right that person should expect benefits at the end.
Otherwise stop pulling it from their check.
Its only welfare when it is paid out to illegals, and others who never had their paychecks plundered for it.
Very well written and all of it right on. You bet I’ll pass it on.
“That a person has provided 14% of their income to the Government for their entire working life for a program that promises to provide a retirement income for them and is a realistic expectation that they should receive a return on their investment”
Amen. A person investing this stream of cash, in conservative investments across four and a half decades, should expect about 3 to 4 times the amount of social security payouts.
An investment manager who returned the annuity SS does would be arrested as a thief and would have some explaining to do.
It sucks that they squandered your money, and it also sucks that they are giving my money to you. Sorry, but that's the truth.
And I'm not greedy for stating it. You got screweed, now I'm getting screwed.