Skip to comments.US Announces New Sanctions Against Russia
Posted on 04/28/2014 6:37:12 PM PDT by wetphoenix
(Reuters) - The following are brief descriptions of the 17 Russian companies against which the United States imposed sanctions on Monday over Russia's role in the Ukraine crisis.
* Aquanika - A producer of bottled water and 100 percent subsidiary of Volga Group (see below), which is controlled by Gennady Timchenko, a long-standing ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Timchenko was placed on a U.S. sanctions list in March. It was founded in 2007 and has production facilities in the Nizhny Novgorod region with annual capacity of up to 500 million liters.
* Avia Group - The company, founded in 2006, develops infrastructure and provides services for aircraft maintenance at Moscow's Sheremetyevo international airport. Volga Group has a 74 percent stake.
* Avia Group Nord - Provides services for private jets at St Petersburg's Pulkovo airport, including ground handling, flight operations support and fuelling. Volga Group has a 70 percent stake.
* Zest - A leasing company based in St Petersburg. Provides a range of services including real estate, vehicle, equipment and business jet leasing. It was described as a 100 percent subsidiary of Bank Rossiya, which was hit by U.S. sanctions in March, in Bank Rossiya's 2013 financial report.
* InvestCapitalbank - A bank, established in 1993, based in Russia's Volga region and controlled by the Rotenberg brothers Boris and Arkady. The Rotenbergs, linked to big contracts on gas pipelines and at the Sochi Olympics, were named on the U.S. sanctions list in March.
* Sobinbank - Moscow-based bank, founded in 1990 and controlled by Bank Rossiya. Visa Inc and MasterCard Inc stopped providing services for payment transactions for clients at Bank Rossiya and Sobinbank after the March sanctions.
* STG (Stroytransgaz) Group - A construction holding company controlled by Timchenko. Stroytransgaz plans to build the European section of
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Btw, welcome to FR !
When do we stop laughing? Our allies are not laughing.
So only politically connected businesses are allowed to do business with Russia.
SANCTIONS!!! OMG. Pooty poot is quivering in his quiet room.
Where O Where will we get our bottled water....
i have an idea,why don’t we just stop shipping American Made Vodka and Toilet Paper to Russia, yah! that will make them go nuts!
I wonder if the Obama administration has gotten angry enough to use a bold font yet. Putin should be very careful before Obama gets so mad he uses all caps and maybe even an exclamation point or 2.
Whoopdie frickin DOO!!!
To say nothing about sending a Strongly worded LETTER!!!
I thought not.
HEY what wrong with Dove soap LOL!
My family been using Dove soap for years and years including my 78 year old retired truck driver father
Unless Han Blix got away from Chia Pet sharks from Team America the movie
We will sell no shirts to Putin.
I own that. Gotta go back and watch it.
All but the puppet sex...
See what I mean LOL!
Especially almost Oscar winning song I am so roaney
I get my shower supplies from all the hotels I stay at...
Why no Gazprom? It’s 10% of Russia’s GDP.