Skip to comments.Measles used to put cancer into remission [Game Changer in medicine?]
Posted on 05/16/2014 5:38:41 AM PDT by SoFloFreeper
A woman with an incurable cancer is now in remission, thanks, doctors say, to a highly concentrated dose of the measles virus.
For 10 years, Stacy Erholtz, 49, battled multiple myeloma, a deadly cancer of the blood. Doctors at the Mayo Clinic say she had received every type of chemotherapy drug available....
Then researchers gave her and five other multiple myeloma patients a dose of a highly concentrated, lab-engineered measles virus similar to the measles vaccine. In fact, the dose Erholtz received contained enough of the virus to vaccinate approximately 10 million people.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ...
There have been cases of people with terminal cancer experiencing sudden complete remission after a viral infection since the 1960s, if not before.
When will people learn that chemo kills healthy cells in addition to cancer cells? Oh wait, drug companies make billions off of chemo drugs.
What I want to know is what happened to the Draco Cancer Cure?
There a bit of news in 2011 and then it disappeared.
Google Laetrile, see if you can find anyone who is using Laetrile whose cancer has gotten worse.
I think a lot of these treatments can’t get past the FDA to even have a real chance at being tested.
If a persons immune system for any reason decides to go after the cancer cells, that will result in so-called miracle cures.
That is the key to beating cancer-getting the person's immune system to reject it.
Right now, after well over 50 years of intense research, involving the best brains on the planet, and untold billions of dollars spent , the bottom line on cancer is:
They don't know what causes it.
They don't know how to cure it.
They don't know how to prevent it.
What they are into is, TREATMENT, and more types of TREATMENTS. -Tom
Or the hemp oil cure?
the bottom line on cancer is:
They don’t know what causes it.
They don’t know how to cure it.
They don’t know how to prevent it.
I’ve often thought this myself.
Also thinking, possible explanation, if someone actually came up with a cure a 100 million dollar payoff would shut up the researcher and the cure could be put on the back burner for 50 years until it becomes profitable to the new Corporate owner.
Save to read
DRACO is still being studied.
I think it’s important to realize that there *can be no* “magic bullet” against cancer, for the reason that “cancer fights back”. It develops work-arounds and defenses against techniques used to fight it.
For this reason, there is a rule of thumb in Oncology, called the “rule of three” when fighting a given cancer: that you have to use three different techniques at the same time, to overwhelm that cancer’s defenses.
Cancer is so effective at fighting back that it times, it acts almost if it was intelligent.
So the bottom line to this measles therapy is that even if it is a smashing success, it will just be another weapon in the arsenal.
Sponsoring FReepers are contributing
$10 Each time a New Monthly Donor signs up!
Get more bang for your FR buck!
Click Here To Sign Up Now!
It’s how the movie I Am Legend starts. Measles as a cure for cancer. Life imitating art?
“In fact, the dose Erholtz received contained enough of the virus to vaccinate approximately 10 million people.”
I’m not sure what a single dose of the vaccine costs, but say its around $10. That would make this cure cost @$100,000,000.
DCA is another public domain drug that is more than effective on many different cancers that’s never going to see the light of day in the US, thanks to the FDA.
I'm sorry to hear that, but, everyone I know who is using apricot kernels and apricots is cancer free.
Thank you. I figured it had been “disappeared” by pharma companies.
Not entirely accurate. They do know that cancers occur naturally in people, quite spontaneously, all the time. However, the immune system normally detects and destroys them. And this means several odd things.
1) A cancer has to occur that is so viable that it is not naturally self destructive, which many are.
2) It must fool the immune system by putting out a signal that it is acting normally, so should not be destroyed.
3) Because it consumes far more nutrients and energy than normal cells, it must also successfully signal the body not only that it needs more nutrients, but that extra capillaries must be grown to bring the nutrients to it.
4) When it grows to a particular size, some malignant cancer cells will suddenly stop adhering to each other, allowing them to follow the blood stream around the body, to create more cancers.
5) In women, a fertilized eggs looks very similar to cancer to the immune system; so women temporarily shut down large parts of their immune system and use a secondary immune system that clearly distinguishes between a fetus and cancer. This secondary system can sometimes kill an existing cancer.
6) There are many antioxidant and other natural chemicals out there that can help prevent cancer by neutralizing free oxygen radicals in the body. However, once a cancer is established, the focus of many chemotherapy drugs is to *create* free radicals in the cancer. So people with cancer on chemo should not consume “healthy” fruits and vegetables.
This list really goes on and on.