Skip to comments.Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty: Twitter blocks Ukrainian radical group's account in Russia
Posted on 05/19/2014 7:31:30 AM PDT by Laissez-faire capitalist
Twitter blocked the account of Ukraine's ultranationalist Right Sector group in Russia.
(Excerpt) Read more at kyivpost.com ...
Check this out.
BTW, just “radical”?” Just “Ultranationalist”?
What next, Boko Haram are “insurgents”?
Will the Kyiv gov’t release the LifeNews reporters, as the OSCE is asking?
At last count, about a week ago, Kiev is holding about 400+ “Political Prisoners”.
It will be interesting to see if the Right-Sector goons give up power, if Poroshenko is elected. Billionaire Oligarch Igor Kolomoisky seems to be the wildcard.
He likes being the Warlord of Dnepropetrovsk.
Everyone needs to see this thread, lists Svoboda’s proposed platform goals. Link is the goals with some of my comments.
Here are the goals without my comments, the poster did not provide a link but I found two, one wikipedia and another one that I posted on the thread.
Svobodas platform is called Our Own Authorities, Our Own Property, Our Own Dignity, on Our Own God-Given Land. and includes the following points:
1. Ukrainea presidential republic, head of state is the head of government
2. Lustration of state authority: publication of lists of all Soviet KGB agents that served or continue to serve in Ukraine, dismissal of such people as well as members of the former Communist Party of the Soviet Union from state leadership positions, replace them with graduates of the Ukrainian universities
3. Criminal prosecution for Ukrainophobia
4. Only those born in Ukraine can become Ukrainian citizens, with the exceptions for those who have lived in Ukraine for more than 15 years, know the Ukrainian language, culture and Ukrainian Constitution
5. Renunciation[nb 2] of the 2010 Kharkiv agreements
6. Impeachment of President Viktor Yanukovych
7. Ban on abortion, except in cases of medical necessity, or rape; and imprisonment from three to seven years for those who violate this ban
8. Criminalization of public promotion of abortions or calls for abortions (by introducing a fine for doing so)
9. The right to keep and bear arms
10. Occupied Khmelnytskyi Regional Council, January 2014
11. Cancelling taxes on Ukrainian language products films, music and literature and instead imposing taxes on non-Ukrainian language products. The proceeds obtained this way will be channeled into developing Ukrainian language products
12. Nationalization of major enterprises, greater state control of the banking system and a ban on privatization of land
13. Energy independence for Ukraine
14. The development of competitive industries, particularly food processing and aircraft engineering, shipbuilding, machine-tool construction, machine manufacturing, the military industrial complex and the aerospace industry
15. Ban on the import of the food products that are also produced inside Ukraine and import only exotic food that is not domestically grown
16. The restoration of the Soviet practice of indicating ethnic origin on passports and birth certificates
17. Proportional representation on executive bodies of ethnic Ukrainians, on the one hand, and national minorities, on the other
18. Ban on adoptions by non-Ukrainians of Ukrainian children
19. Preferential treatment for Ukrainian students in the allocation of dormitory places, and a series of similar changes to existing legal provisions
20. Ordained persons should have no right to be elected to state authorities or local self-government authorities
21. Abolition of Crimean autonomy
22. Abolition of value added tax
23. Farmlands are to be state-owned and given to farmers in hereditary use
24. The state is to implement a firm pro-family policy
25. Dismissal of employees of state structures who had been active in the Soviet apparatus before 1991
26. Decommunization of public space (monuments, names of streets and places)
27. Russia should apologize for its communist crimes
28. Ukraine is to leave the Commonwealth of Independent States and other post-Soviet structures
29. An explicit guarantee of accession to NATO within a set period of time
30. Ukraine should again re-acquire tactical nuclear weaponry
I doubt they will give up power without negotiating official positions within the Government. Yulie Tymoshenko has already threatened to raise her army for another Maidan if she is not elected. She is relentless in her quest for power in Ukraine and unafraid to do whatever is necessary to attain that...including blackmail to attain a position of high office....and she has power and authority with Right Sector...they are after all supporting her run.
I think you’re correct naming these Pres. Candidates as “warlords” they simply wear suits, ties and alluring dresses.