Skip to comments.Sunday Morning Talk Show Thread 25 May 2014
Posted on 05/25/2014 4:18:24 AM PDT by Alas Babylon!
The Talk Shows
Guests to be interviewed today on major television talk shows:
FOX NEWS SUNDAY (Fox Network): Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H.; Derek Bennett, chief of staff, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.
MEET THE PRESS (NBC): Pre-empted by Formula One auto racing.
FACE THE NATION (CBS): Sens. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., and John Thune, R-S.D.; Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill.; Steven Silverman, lawyer representing a group of retired NFL players who accuse the league of supplying them with powerful painkillers and other drugs that kept them in the game but have led to serious complications later in life.
THIS WEEK (ABC): Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; Paul Rieckhoff, founder and chief executive officer, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America; former Gov. Jon Huntsman, R-Utah.
STATE OF THE UNION (CNN): Gov. Mike Pence, R-Ind.; Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.; Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Fla.
Thanks for thread A.B. Remember all those who have fought and served to protect our freedoms, and the great leaders we had who envisioned a country based on individual liberty.
What scandals?? And they wonder why the Marxist Media is failing.
But what we REALLY need to gut is the Internal Revenue Service and the income tax code based on Title 26, the Internal Revenue code. Like I said before, look at what is wrong with our income tax code:
1. 30,000 tax lobbyists--HALF the lobbyists in Washington, DC--fighting for every scrap of a tax loophole. And you get political corruption on a huge scale over this.
2. The result is a tax code over 70,000 pages long so complex that it makes James Joyce's Finnegans Wake almost easy to read in comparison. Even the IRS can't figure out much of the tax code!
3. The sheer complexity means exorbitant yearly compliance costs, estimated by some economists to soon approach US$500 BILLION per year (and climbing fast in each subsequent year, especially with the imposition of Obamacare mandates through the tax code).
4. It also encourages the outsourcing of millions of jobs, thousands of factories, and hundreds of corporate headquarters for tax avoidance reasons. Care to explain why Apple manufactures its products in China, and why Google has to used that highly-complex and expensive Double Irish with Dutch Sandwich accounting scheme to lower its tax bill?
5. It results in (by some estimates) around US$15 TRILLION in American-owned liquid assets sitting in offshore financial centers and other foreign banks for tax avoidance reasons (care to explain all those "banks" in the Cayman Islands, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, and so on? Or why Apple has 70% of its US$100+ billion liquid asset reserve outside the USA?).
6. Government uses the tax code as a political instrument to favor or punish political constituencies as little as ONE taxpaying entity. The recent scandal using the IRS to target conservative 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) groups is clear proof of this.
7. Because the IRS needs to know intimate details of personal and business financial records in tax return filings, there are potentially serious issues with invasion of privacy. Care to explain why former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's private tax returns ended up in the offices of Senator Harry Reid (D-NV)?
8. The IRS assumes you're guilty of tax evasion, and you end up having less rights than most common criminals!
Now you know the reason for my tagline.
Could it be, that he wanted to get it out right away? And, will there be follow-up articles/comments/appearances by West? Could he be going in front of Gowdy's panel with the info?
Listening to Ayotte speak is like listening to nails scratching across a chalk board!
I don't think so. West has only hearsay. But, passing it along, regardless of the day of the week, is still a good thing to do in light of the msm dereliction of its duty.
Running for Senate against a super well informed/well financed Senator like mitch the bitch is very similar to running for potus on a smaller scale.
You have to have all your ducks in a row,have name ID, more money than you ever dreamed about and an organization that will knock out the biggest and the best.
Time to start is probably three to four years before election time with all your ducks in a row.
A hope I can win campaign seldom works.
NOte: its even worse than that at the presidential level. Looking at the field of potential presidential candidates on our side how many fill the bill of having all the necessary "musts to win" accomplished?
I can think of only one.
Actually, that was my initial feeling also. But a good prosecutor/defense lawyer will put someone on the stand to state the obvious, get objected to, have objection sustained, but it's still in the minds of the jury (the American people). Just sayin'...
Another sick mass murdering liberal. Parents were left wingers just like 95% of the killers.
“Alexander Solzhenitsyn described this hospital system in his award winning book Cancer Ward”
I have personal testimony ton Socialist everything. We escaped communist Easter Europe in 1966. My father was a OBGYN. We lived well because my father brought home gifts fresh eggs, chicken, booze from his patients.
People for the most part are the same everywhere in the world.
Bray has it right - “There is no way a socialist enterprise can compete with a free market one due to the lack of profit incentives which are replaced with political ones. “
Who here, outside of Church or some local charitable activity is willing to work for nothing? I am not. Look at the 49% living on welfare.
Or maybe this is simply ranging fire, with the heavy stuff (names, sworn statements) all cocked and ready to dump right in the middle of Prime Time. Like maybe the beginning of the Select Committee hearing, as you mentioned....
We shall see.
Thank you for your service!
WHEW! That was a close one. The Left/Libs ALMOST lost Kirstin Powers.
She is back on board, defending Obamacare, decrying private industry as having a many or more problems than government does.
I could slap that bitch.
She goes on about private business like some airline that lost her luggage.
Come on! That ain’t even a comparison to the VA situation.
and they keep Amtrak around for Joe Biden and most no other reason.
These hearings will present the biggest Democrat obstruction of all time UNLESS Gowdy already has proof of smoking guns. If I hear the words “internet video” one more time, I will vomit. Folks do not care about that. They want to know what the President was doing or not doing, was there a “stand down” order, by whom issued? (Was there a “stand up” or “go” order?). In other words, why did we not respond militarily, ask other countries to do so? Where are the embassy survivors? are they accessible? did they have their names changed? Have they been held incommunicado? Have they been threatened to not talk? [Some of the crap we have heard]. Big mish-mash. Meanwhile the Dems appointed to Committee are all trouble makers and ready to obstruct, delay, whine etc. UNLESS Gowdy has something new and engages public curiosity so they demand more information to come out. Anything less, will be a disaster, and probably lose us the House.