Skip to comments.Taliban Leader: The Prisoner Exchange Is A 'Great Victory' [Mullah Omar is Still Alive!]
Posted on 06/02/2014 9:03:50 AM PDT by SeekAndFind
Mullah Omar, the reclusive head of the Taliban, has purportedly released a statement hailing the transfer of top five Taliban commanders from Guantanamo to Qatar. Omar says their freedom is a "great victory."
The five Taliban leaders were exchanged for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who has been held by the Taliban since 2009.
A copy of the statement attributed to Omar has been posted on the Taliban's Urdu-language web site.
Omar thanks the government of Qatar, as well as its emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad, for his help in brokering the deal and for hosting the Taliban leaders. In earlier statements, both President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry similarly thanked Qatar for its assistance.
Omar offers his "heartfelt congratulations to the entire Afghan Muslim nation," including "all the mujahideen and to the families and relatives of the prisoners for this great victory."
The Taliban had demanded the release of the five commanders from Guantanamo for years. In early 2012, the Taliban announced that it had established a "political office" in Doha for the expressed purpose of securing their freedom.
(Excerpt) Read more at businessinsider.com ...
Mullah Omar deserves the same death that Prince Oberon got last night in Game of Thrones...
Quite ingenious if you think about it. A fake POW in exchange for 5 terrorists. So in the end, 6 terrorists roaming free to plan future attacks.
Maybe B. Hussein can next negotiate with the Taliban to seek permission for the U.S. government to release the U-Tube video producer who was whisked away due to his disrespect for B. Hussein’s favorite “religion” just after the Benghazi thing blew up and almost got B. Hussein to lose the presidential election!
The Producer of that YOUTUBE video has already been released:
He's already half way there.
)bama stands with mullah omar.
Hi Congresswoman Delbene. Just wanted to let you know how shocked we are about the release of the five high risk, top Taliban fighters from Guantanamo. Here is a list of reasons why this decision by the Obama administration is objectionable.
1. The Administration negotiated with terrorists, violating a long standing policy to prevent the inducement of kidnapping (a common practice in northern Africa by Al Qaeda).
2. The five prisoners chosen are the five worst terrorists held at the base — some have killed thousands of people. (see WSJ, June 2, 2014 Page A 12).
3. These fighters after a year in Qatar (preparing future war plans) are guaranteed to return to killing American soldiers. (I am thinking right now of a young man I know, a former student, who is a new Army Ranger who could be killed by one of these hardened murderers).
4. This exchange increases the likelihood that civilians will be captured by Al Qaeda for ransom.
5. Sergeant Berghahl deserted from his post in time of war, making him a disgraced soldier who should be held accountable in military court. According to CNN, after he deserted, other Americans died looking for him. http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/index.html
6. The exchange takes a valuable bargaining chip off the table to encourage peace talks with the Taliban. We get a disgraced deserter back home (which is nice for his family and friends I understand). They get their five best fighters back and do not have to do anything to end the violence in Afghanistan.
7. Finally the administration kept the elected government of Afghanistan and congressional leaders in the dark, violating the President’s commitment to transparency and directly violating the 30 days notice law that he signed. I am concerned when the president is able to break the law and nothing happens. This reminds of the Iran-Contra scandal during the Reagan administration with Reagan broke a congressional mandate not to fund the Contras. That was considered the biggest scandal of the Reagan years.
Well, I know that as only one member of Congress and a Democrat you probably can’t do much about these concerns. Or perhaps you agreed that the exchange was in our national interest. I can’t see how it is and had to vent a bit.
Barry continues to weaken the U.S.A. Switzerland will be more feared and respected internationally.
TALIBAN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE RELEASE OF 5 TOP BATTLE HARDENED PRISONERS:
They Vow to Get All Mujahideen Released ASAP
We heartily congratulate the whole nation, Mujahidin of the Islamic Emirate, particularly the kith and kin of the released ones that five heads of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan namely Mulla Muhammad Fazal Akhund, Mulla Noorulla Noori, Mulla Khairulla Khairkhwa, Mulla Abdul Haq Waseeq and Moulavi Muhammad Nabi who had been incarcerated for the last thirteen years in Guantanamo Jail are released due to the benevolence of Allah Almighty and the sacrifices of the heroic and courageous Mujahidin of the Islamic Emirate.
These five heads were released in the result of an indirect negotiation between the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan and the United States mediated by Qatari government. They will remain with their families inside Qatar and will lead a normal life.
To get the preceding five heads released, it is worth mentioning that the Islamic Emirate handed over the American soldier to the US who was captive with us approximately for the last five years.
These five heads of the Islamic Emirate were handed over on Saturday at 07:00 pm Afghanistan standard time to the delegation of Qatar who has been waiting there in Guantanamo Bay for the previous three days. This delegation, including five heads of the Islamic Emirate, left Guantanamo at 10:00 pm and will arrive in Qatar today Sunday. They will be received and welcomed by the Political Bureau of the Islamic Emirate inside Qatar and members of the leading council of the Islamic Emirate. Similarly, the American prisoner Bergdahl was handed over in the suburbs of Khost province to the other side on Saturday at 07:00 pm Afghanistan standard time.
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan has been taking all possible measures since long to get all the Afghan prisoners released whether they are incarcerated inside the country or outside and to let them enjoy a free and peaceful life.
In the future too, the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan is determined to get all the Mujahidin prisoners released as soon as possible. In this regard, we expect all the legal and human rights societies particularly the United Nations to share and accelerate their efforts with Afghan people and the Islamic Emirate on the basis of human sympathy so that all the incarcerated people are freed and their basic legal and human rights are safeguarded and they could lead an independent and peaceful life of their own accord.
Barry’s a real hard-nosed bargainer, isn’t he? Five murderous field grade muzzie officers for one flake `hiwi’—great stuff!
And he was so proud of the gold medals awarded to him for `Gun Salesman For The Years 2008-2013’ that he had them bronzed.
First, Mullah Omar is no longer scared of this 'president.' He'd been too scared to say anything for international comment since Bush invaded 'his' country.
Second, Obama claims he could to do this because of his power as Commander in Chief. He's wrong and I can prove it!
Article I, Sect. 8: The Congress shall have power:,,,What to do with "captures" is specifically designated as a legislative, NOT an executive function! Being C-in-C is irrelevant. And Congress was actually on the record in this case. They said what he did wasn't permitted. Another 'F' for the alleged Constitutional law instructor!
To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offences against the law of nations;
To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;
I conclude by pointing out only one kind of "piracy" was in the public mind when the above document was composed, Islamic piracy, much the same as today's. And its cost, in ransoms and tribute, soon became the most expensive item on the Federal budget.
The Producer of that YOUTUBE video has already been released
Thanks for update.
Well when you are right you are right. It is a great victory for the Taliban. Five high level guys back in the fold.
There. Fixed it.
Sponsoring FReepers are contributing
$10 Each time a New Monthly Donor signs up!
Get more bang for your FR buck!
Click Here To Sign Up Now!