Skip to comments.RELEASED: Here Are The Five Terrorists Obama Is Setting Free to Do More Harm Against America
Posted on 06/02/2014 9:20:06 AM PDT by yoe
[snip]The five Taliban prisoners at Gitmo released by Barack Obama were identified today.
** Mohammed Fazl commanded the main force fighting the U.S.-backed Northern Alliance in 2001, and served as chief of army staff under the Taliban regime. Fazl slaughtered thousands of Shiites.
** Mullah Norullah Noori - served as governor of Balkh province in the Taliban regime and played some role in coordinating the fight against the Northern Alliance. -
** Mohammed Nabi Omari the Talibans chief of communications and helped al Qaeda members escape from Afghanistan to Pakistan.
** Khairullah Khairkhwa most prominent position was as governor of Herat province from 1999 to 2001, and he was alleged to have been directly associated with Osama bin Laden.
** Abdul Haq Wasiq deputy chief of the Taliban regimes intelligence service. His cousin was head of the service.
(Excerpt) Read more at libertynews.com ...
Here is what I emailed to my Dem Congresswoman.
Hi Congresswoman Delbene. Just wanted to let you know how shocked we are about the release of the five high risk, top Taliban fighters from Guantanamo. Here is a list of reasons why this decision by the Obama administration is objectionable.
1. The Administration negotiated with terrorists, violating a long standing policy to prevent the inducement of kidnapping (a common practice in northern Africa by Al Qaeda).
2. The five prisoners chosen are the five worst terrorists held at the base — some have killed thousands of people. (see WSJ, June 2, 2014 Page A 12).
3. These fighters after a year in Qatar (preparing future war plans) are guaranteed to return to killing American soldiers. (I am thinking right now of a young man I know, a former student, who is a new Army Ranger who could be killed by one of these hardened murderers).
4. This exchange increases the likelihood that civilians will be captured by Al Qaeda for ransom.
5. Sergeant Berghahl deserted from his post in time of war, making him a disgraced soldier who should be held accountable in military court. According to CNN, after he deserted, other Americans died looking for him. http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/index.html
6. The exchange takes a valuable bargaining chip off the table to encourage peace talks with the Taliban. We get a disgraced deserter back home (which is nice for his family and friends I understand). They get their five best fighters back and do not have to do anything to end the violence in Afghanistan.
7. Finally the administration kept the elected government of Afghanistan and congressional leaders in the dark, violating the President’s commitment to transparency and directly violating the 30 days notice law that he signed. I am concerned when the president is able to break the law and nothing happens. This reminds of the Iran-Contra scandal during the Reagan administration with Reagan broke a congressional mandate not to fund the Contras. That was considered the biggest scandal of the Reagan years.
Well, I know that as only one member of Congress and a Democrat you probably can’t do much about these concerns. Or perhaps you agreed that the exchange was in our national interest. I can’t see how it is and had to vent a bit.
Thanks for the great job that you are doing in other areas.
It is time to try Obama for high crimes.
Anyone know what the father tweeted here:
The ironic thing is that had these five not been in Gitmo they probably would have been taken out by drone strikes years ago. Taliban and al Qaida leadership positions tend to be relatively short term and fatal. So they might want to think of that before resuming their former positions.
This needs to be common street knowledge, as well as Obama’s affinity for it and islam.
How many died to capture those five? Obama spits on their graves. Impeach Now!
Tell me that is photo shop. He doesn’t have his hand THERE, does he?!
My son and his SF Team captured one of these guys down near the border with Pakistan during his first deployment to A. There were no shots fired in the operation because the target thought their compound was not targeted and the SF team was just doing a routine check, but they had a good tip off and got him.
The CIA sent a special help to get him and the pulled a bag over his head..and that was the last my son saw of him.
First, thank your son for his service.
Though no one may have died at the moment of his capture, many did die to get us into the position to get him. That is indisputable.
that the rat is going to throw the letter in the trash...
The article is inaccurate, obama is responsible for freeing six and transporting one to American soil.
JONATHAN TURLEY: ‘NOT MUCH DEBATE’ WH BROKE LAW
“The ironic thing is that had these five not been in Gitmo they probably would have been taken out by drone strikes years ago. Taliban and al Qaida leadership positions tend to be relatively short term and fatal. So they might want to think of that before resuming their former positions.”
Thriller .... five are implanted with remotely activated detonation devices.
I’m hoping some patriot in the CIA is tracking these scum and sends a Hellfire missile into their reunion party.
I don’t have the skillz to determine if that is fake or not.
Six, counting Bergdahl.
Or some sort of tracking implant. Any other administration and I'd say it was a possibility. But not this one.
In that it’s an email to a democrat, I was being polite.
If it were sent to a Republican MC it might have a 10% chance of being read, and appx a 0.002% chance of it being acted on.
Maybe we’ll get lucky and they will be taken out by a drone strike at a “wedding”.
That is a disturbing picture.