Skip to comments.Taliban leaders given hero's welcome in Qatar
Posted on 06/02/2014 9:36:22 PM PDT by garjog
"When the men pull up in a convoy of black SUVs, they receive a warm reception, with lots of hugs from the awaiting supporters The release of the video comes after the Taliban declared 'victory' And President Barack Obama was accused of endangering Western lives by exchanging the five 'hardened terrorists' At least one detainee is accused of presiding over a mass killing
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...
OBAMA FOREIGN POLICY DOCTRINE: BRING JOY TO THE HEARTS TERRORIST EVERYWHERE
Isn’t this traitorous travesty the most outrageous fiasco of the Obama administration?
I mean, could it get worse?
Here is the email I sent to my Democrat senator and congresswoman.
Hi Congresswoman Delbene. Just wanted to let you know how shocked we are about the release of the five high risk, top Taliban fighters from Guantanamo. Here is a list of reasons why this decision by the Obama administration is objectionable.
1. The Administration negotiated with terrorists, violating a long standing policy to prevent the inducement of kidnapping (a common practice in northern Africa by Al Qaeda).
2. The five prisoners chosen are the five worst terrorists held at the base — some have killed thousands of people. (see WSJ, June 2, 2014 Page A 12).
3. These fighters after a year in Qatar (preparing future war plans) are guaranteed to return to killing American soldiers. (I am thinking right now of a young man I know, a former student, who is a new Army Ranger who could be killed by one of these hardened murderers).
4. This exchange increases the likelihood that civilians will be captured by Al Qaeda for ransom.
5. Sergeant Berghahl deserted from his post in time of war, making him a disgraced soldier who should be held accountable in military court. According to CNN, after he deserted, other Americans died looking for him. http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/index.html
6. The exchange takes a valuable bargaining chip off the table to encourage peace talks with the Taliban. We get a disgraced deserter back home (which is nice for his family and friends I understand). They get their five best fighters back and do not have to do anything to end the violence in Afghanistan.
7. Finally the administration kept the elected government of Afghanistan and congressional leaders in the dark, violating the President’s commitment to transparency and directly violating the 30 days notice law that he signed. I am concerned when the president is able to break the law and nothing happens. This reminds of the Iran-Contra scandal during the Reagan administration with Reagan broke a congressional mandate not to fund the Contras. That was considered the biggest scandal of the Reagan years.
Well, I know that as only one member of Congress and a Democrat you probably can’t do much about these concerns. Or perhaps you agreed that the exchange was in our national interest. I can’t see how it is and had to vent a bit.
the real target is ISRAEL who the usa and EU signed off on Palestinian authority unifed govt YESTERDAY....the arab goon can attack israel as Obama tries to bully an ally...
Yes it could get worse, unfortunately, and it probably will!
This fiasco was doomed from the start. Using troops to pursue a bunch of loosely organized terrorist bands was stupid, and things only got worse when the boneheads here thought they could turn that dirt bag country into a modern democracy.
Anybody with any sense of military history could see this effort was doomed to end in a futile occupation. Politicians use our troops as pawns in their grandiose schemes. A pox on all of them.
You forgot to call him a socialist dirtbag.
If we’re nice to them, they won’t hate us anymore. /heavy sarc
'Are you a traitor too?'
This is nothing less than obama giving an erect middle finger to the American people. I truly hate the bastard. (Got that, NSA guy?)
Let’s review the low-lights: some underling in the Obama administration negotiated with terrorists (As usual, Obama just learned about this watching his news program), but they did *not* negotiate with terrorists.
They assured everybody they would comply with the law, then had to ignore the law because this hiwi who had been getting along famously with his captors was in grave danger (of losing at badminton?).
Consequently, five (5) field grade Islamic fanatical butchers were placed back in the muzzie’s starting line-up and the hiwi—who abandoned his post and fellow troopers—is getting a ticker-tape parade.
I guess you have to be a naive Democrat and/or Taliban maniac to recognize the administration’s foreign policy brilliance here.
PS It will develop that the underling who resigns in disgrace is close to retirement, as yet another marvelous coinkydink.
It was good until the last paragraph. As a general rule, always drop the last paragraph. What’s wrong with it is you left him off the hook after making great points. A call for his action was the ending you needed.
Could this be the literal worst thing Obastard has done? Over all the scandals including Benghazi, this is the one that can never be put down to incompetence. They actively chose to send back these murdering scum terrorists to a hero’s welcome in exchange for some rat deserter whose father looks like Bin Laden’s chauffeur. They actively hate our country, and that goes for Hagel too.
Now is the time for a drone attack!
Yes it will get worse, there is a reason he freed the five worst terrorists, and brought home the one who had been training the Taliban. There is a reason he had the 36000 criminal Illegals released, and gavoe 900 million dollars to Palestian Hama families to come to America when he first took office in 2009...it’s in this article below.
In 2012 elections there was to be chaos to keep Obama in power, but it was not needed because he won the election, however it will be needed in 2016, if he is to remain in the WH. This article explains it, although it was from 2012....Note here that Farrahkan is on CIA payroll.
Well yes, it surely seems to be headed that direction.
“Could this be the literal worst thing Obastard has done?”
You know, I think this is worse than destroying health care, appointing extreme liberals to the supreme court, the IRS and Benghazi all together.
“Whats wrong with it is you left him off the hook after making great points. A call for his action was the ending you needed.”
You say that my email to my congresswoman should have had a punch at the end that urged her to take action.
Well, I figured it was sort of subtle put down. I was being ironic.
She is a liberal democrat and new in Congress. She isn’t going to do anything. But, to say basically “you are a pawn of the establishment democrat machine and even in the face of travesty like this you are powerless” was my way of sticking it to her.