Skip to comments.Culture reroute: 9.0 on the Richter Scale (Important)
Posted on 06/02/2014 11:46:25 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
One of the current culture deceptions is the belief that legalizing gay marriage will not affect traditional families. Facts and common sense say the effects will be huge. Its not about "equality"; this is a fundamental social reroute.
The question of How much change and what kind? revolves around this: Will legal and social acceptance of same-sex marriage increase the practice? The evidence from past social changes no-fault divorce and abortion -- says yes.
Within 15 years of no-fault divorce laws, marriage breakups went from 20 percent to 50 percent. The rate of couples living together without marriage rose by 1,400 percent; sociologists say marriage no longer matters. The Guttmacher Institutie now estimates one woman in three will have an abortion in her lifetime. A recent Associated Press article on related transgender issues says "the trend is likely to accelerate." Gay rights activists are on most college campuses with the message: Just try it. The Gay Pride Leadership Academy holds summer camps, and groups like the American Association of College Professors encourage gay activism. These facts all suggest that homosexuality will surge.
What are the potential results for society and traditional families?
We can expect major cultural change. Advertising, movies, music and TV will increasingly bring homosexuality before the public eye, and public schools will encourage its acceptance; they are doing so now. Same-sex couples divorce more often; only 15 percent of homosexual couples are together after 12 years, says the 2004 Gay/Lesbian Consumer Online Census. Higher divorce rates will add to cultural breakdown and leave more children afloat, so government welfare, with its bureaucracy and added costs, would be expected to expand to provide care.
The worrisome drop in population numbers would increase, with more marriages that biologically cannot reproduce. Demographic and economic growth always parallel each other, so the economy would continue to decline, as stated in USA Today, Feb. 13, 2013: "There are no cases of peace and prosperity in the face of declining populations." This makes sense; fewer people to produce and consume. The eventual cost to the nation would be dramatic over time.
Safety could become a concern. Every child in a same-sex home is raised by a step-parent, and child abuse is far greater from a step-parent. Daly and Wilson of McMaster University call this "discriminative parental solicitude" people naturally give the best care to children they create to protect their "parental investment." Under this "Cinderella effect," small children are 100 times more likely to die from abuse by a step-parent than a biological parent. In addition, 31 percent of lesbians are physically abused by partners (Journal of Interpersonal Violence), and domestic abuse among gays is double that of heterosexual couples (Island and Letellier). We should brace for increased domestic violence.
Experts on all sides say that if the protective walls around traditional child-bearing families are breached, other alternative sexual practices are inevitable. This has begun; Newsweek reports 500,000 American households now living in polyamory group marriage of three or more people. Polygamy is considered inevitable. United Nations agendas, which steer U.S. agendas, now advocate sanitized pedophilia: the legalization of prostitution, including child prostitution (Bali Youth Declaration), sexual rights for children and the teaching of questionable sexuality to children without parental knowledge or consent (UN Committee, Rights of the Child).
Through governments forced acceptance of homosexuality, Christian religions, which define biblical right and wrong, will be silenced. The Constitutions protection of religious freedom will be hobbled with this precedent-setting religious control. "The free exercise of religion obviously involves both the right to choose religious beliefs and affiliations and the right to exercise or practice those beliefs" (Dallin Oaks, former Utah State Supreme Court justice). Moral objections to homosexuality are being classified as hate speech worthy of prosecution. In the aftermath, Christian morality could all but disappear, except as found in the hearts of believers.
The media and those who push the gay agenda are not reporting these facts and many other negative side effects of gay marriage. This is an earthquake9.0 on the social Richter scale. Few things of this magnitude have struck our society. Our first obligation is to protect our children and our culture. Let all live and love as they choose, but dont legalize gay marriage.
Educate your children well so they can afford to live in gated communities.
The inescapable fact is that by the majority of measures, kids raised in the intact biological family fare better.
* Children of lesbian mothers are nearly 12 times (approximately 1200%) as likely to say they were sexually touched by a parent or adult as those raised in intact biological families. Asked if they had ever been raped, 31 percent of those raised by lesbian mothers and 25 percent of children raised by gay fathers answered yes, compared to 8 percent of those from intact biological homes.
* Twenty percent (20%) of those raised by lesbians and 25% of those raised by gay men reported having contracted a sexual transmitted infection, compared to 8% of those raised by their biological parents.
* Twelve percent (12%) of those with a lesbian mother and 24% of those with a gay father reported having recently contemplated suicide, compared to only 5% raised by an intact biological family or a single parent.
* Nineteen percent (19%) of those raised by a lesbian mother or gay father were currently or recently receiving psychotherapy, compared to 8% of those raised by their heterosexual parents.
* Twenty-eight percent (28%) of those of working age raised by a lesbian mother and 20% of those raised by a gay father reported being currently unemployed, compared to 8% raised by an intact biological family and 13% raised by a single parent.
* Children in same-sex households are only 65 percent as likely to graduate from high school as those living in traditional opposite sex marriage families.
* Girls living in male, gay households are only 15 percent as likely to graduate compared to girls from opposite sex married homes.
Once a society removes the guardrails to generally acceptable social behavior, in this instance a behavior which is foreign in the animal kingdom to say the least, more often than not such a society ends up in a wreck and in the ditch.
Generally speaking, liberals are in favor of the “precautionary principle.” This is the principle that before a new product is allowed to be produced or sold it must be proven to not have overly negative effects on the environment. The idea being that in a complex environment the true effects of new products are now always easily predictable.
Yet when it comes to the most complex environment known, a modern society, they’re all in favor of massive experimentation, with almost no thought given or allowed to the possibility that massive change might have unanticipated negative consequences.
Why shouldn’t proponents of gay marriage be obliged to prove that it won’t have negative effects before being allowed to implement it?
<<<<<”Within 15 years of no-fault divorce laws, marriage breakups went from 20 percent to 50 percent. “ <<<<<
My grandpa left my grandma for another woman in the 60’s. They didn’t divorce until the early 90’s when he wanted to marry the other woman before she died of cancer.
My parents split up a long time ago but never formally divorced, mainly because of what a hassle it is.
I just don’t see much point in making divorce more difficult, if 2 people don’t want to be together, they won’t be.
I respectfully disagree that having the state recognize homosexual civil unions being referred to as “marriage” will result in the decline and fall of society as we know it. I view it as more of a symptom than anything. I also think that conservatives would be well advised to avoid state licensed civil unions referred to as “marriage.”
There is a great deal of ignorance over the state license called “marriage” and the marriage ceremony/sacrament as conducted by a church. They aren’t the same thing and you can do one or the other or both. Most Americans do both; they get a license and go through the religious ceremony. But it’s possible to do one or the other.
Can I get a source on that? I believe it, but I know that the people I show it to won’t unless it’s sourced.
Be careful. This type of behavior is NOT foreign to the animal kingdom, and homofascists use animals' homosexual "activities" (which is, technically speaking, instinctual) to justify their perversion as "natural." Just Bing it if you don't believe me...
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
Yet when it comes to the most complex environment known, a modern society, theyre all in favor of massive experimentation, with almost no thought given or allowed to the possibility that massive change might have unanticipated negative consequences.
Their goal is pansexualism. All of the perverts are looking for unlimited access to our children.
Heavenly Father, please protect our little ones.
Liberals overstate the divorce rate to make it seem normal, while such a statistic as half of all marriages fail, while a lie, discourages marriage in the first place.
It is now clear that the divorce rate in first marriages probably peaked at about 40 percent for first marriages around 1980 and has been declining since to about 30 percent in the early 2000s.
Yes, the Rats argue for individual “rights” when they want to do something (gay marriage). But they’ll argue for “social justice,” the precautionary principle, and collective welfare when they are against something (such as rich skilled people keeping their own incomes, or the contrived threat of global warming/cooling).
They face a similar inconsistency regarding their support of “majority rule”: When they win a majority of votes, they love it. When they lose- they go judge shopping.
Why should HE?
We ALLOW this!!!
Are you still killing your unborn?
CHOICE kills, every day, more than terrorists did on 9/11.
And we are at war with TERROR?????
Do you have a link to that info?
IMHO, the popular acceptance of homosexuality is premised upon heterosexual acceptance of heterosexual sexual immorality.
Those who condone homosexuality, frequently associate marriage as a method to satiate sexual lust, rather than sex within the institution of marriage as a God-given joy.
The argument that what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms is nobody else’s business fails to recognize how criminal behavior affects the soul. Decriminalizing the act, doesn’t remove the consequences. It merely ignores them, leaving us all exposed to much more devastating social consequences.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.