Skip to comments.The devil defines "liberal"
Posted on 06/04/2014 12:50:34 PM PDT by guyshomenet
Thought the following descriptions and caustic quotes concerning liberals might be amusing to many. Oddly no definition for "libertarian" though a bit of running commentary about both Republicans and Democrats.
Extracted from the newly released The Devils Dictionary (new millennia edition). Grab a copy for your cynical old man for father's day.
1. Someone who does not care what you do as long as it is compulsory.
2. A person who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which he proposes to pay-off with your money.
3. A person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment.
4. A person too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.
5. A statesman that strives to replace current evils with fresh, new evils.
It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea. Robert Anton Wilson
Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side. Unknown
Excellent, because it is a thought provoker.
Liberal doesn’t mean what it used to be, Liberal used to mean something other than what the statist control freaks have morphed it into.
“Liberalism” originated in Genesis 3...
> there will/should be no consequences for your choices
> you can’t trust God
> you can be your own god
> you can decide for yourself what is right and wrong
The “modern liberal” thinks liberty comes from government in the form of material benefits taken from others. That freedom from too much government is actually a bad thing.
My personal definition: “liberalism is immaturity, cloaked with the pretense of moral and intellectual superiority.” (MSB, aka “Wiser Now”)