Skip to comments.Supreme Court: Texas can withhold drug source name
Posted on 06/09/2014 5:16:29 PM PDT by mdittmar
HOUSTON (AP) The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday refused an appeal from a Texas death row inmate whose attorneys had demanded that state officials disclose the source of drugs intended to execute him.
Robert James Campbell, 41, had avoided execution May 13 when the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals stopped his punishment less than three hours before he could have been put to death. That court agreed to give Campbell's lawyers time to pursue claims that he's mentally impaired and ineligible for the death penalty. That issue is still pending.
At the time of the reprieve, Campbell's appeal seeking identity of the supplier of the pentobarbital used by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for executions was before the Supreme Court.
Campbell was sentenced to death for the 1991 abduction, rape and slaying of a 20-year-old Houston bank teller, Alexandra Rendon.
The ruling, one of three Monday involving condemned Texas prisoners, was in line with similar rulings from the high court, which so far has not halted an execution based on a state's refusal to reveal its lethal injection drug supplier.
Death penalty states have been scrambling to find drugs after several manufacturers refused to sell their products for use in lethal injections.
The secrecy argument also was used by lawyers ahead of a bungled execution in April in Oklahoma, though that inmate's collapsed veins, not the drug, have been cited as the likely culprit.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Convicted in the January 1991 abduction and murder of Alexandra Rendon in Houston. Rendon, a Bank One employee, was kidnapped from a Chevron station and driven to a desolate area. Campbell and codefendant Leroy Lewis robbed her of her money and jewelry and then raped her.
Random was marched at gunpoint to a field and then told by Campbell to run. Campbell shot once at Rendon's head but missed. He then shot her in the back and left her to die.
Lewis later gave police a taped confession. Rendon's body was found 12 days after the murder.
Let's set the dates!
So if the drug kills them, they’ll sue?
Wouldn’t this be a whole lot easier if the drug supply company was the Lake City Armory?
Remington, Federal, CCI. There’s lots of suitable suppliers.
I get better bulk prices on M855 through LC...bunch of folks in need of lethal injection;-)
I would personally recommend that they use battery acid (which would be quick and effective when injected intravenously) when suppliers refuse to sell them medical drugs, then do a TV campaign naming the companies that are forcing you to use battery acid because they are heartless and greedy.
The crime happened in 1991. He's had 23 year of life SINCE he ended hers. This horrible injustice needs to be brought to an end soon!
DEVIOUS THOUGHT EXPERIMENT:
1. Libtards love euthanasia! It’s the new sacrament of the Progressive religion. It is legal in a few Libtard dominated States, namely Oregon
2. Texas, Oklahoma and other states with the will to put evil criminals to death are being tortured by libtard lawyers who claim the death-cocktails are unsafe.
3. These states should consider using the Oregon “Death with Dignity” cocktail. This would force libtard’s heads to explode as they are forced to argue against their own sacrament.
According to the FAQ I found, in Oregon:
Q: What kind of prescription will a patient receive?
A: It is up to the physician to determine the prescription. To date, most patients have received a prescription for an oral dosage of a barbiturate.
How typical. Any doctor, with presumably little training may prescribe any drug to do the Death With Dignity deed, but there is NO DRUG that is safe for executing Texas murderers.
Liberals operate in bad faith. But we know that.
Alternative Suggestion: Pass a Federal Law mandating that the Surgeon General promulgate guidelines for a drug for use in executions and Death w/ Dignity Act, and legislate that any use of this drug require that States obtain it from FedGov.
Therefore Libtard Activists will have to either stop this ridiculous fight to claim no drug is safe to kill people, or continue it but see their precious “Death with Dignity” law become inoperational in the same way as the DP.
Alternately some law that prevents Drug Companies from refusing to sell any drug to any State under penalty of having their corporate status revoked.
Time to start fighting back with some Agit Legislation.
Just tell him you got the product, for a lethal injection of lead, from Duracell, and that you will deliver 3-5 injections at about 2,450 feet per second.
It seems the most effective and durable means for ending your membership in the human race.
1. Tie convicted murderer to chair.
2. Put elastic tourniquet on upper arm and tighten it sufficiently to stop flow of blood. (either arm will do)
3. Set up and start video camera in outer secure room. (make sure batteries are new)
4. Inject subhuman murdering bastard with 300 cc battery acid.
5. Quickly remove bonds tieing murdering piece of sh#t to chair, quickly remove tourniquet from arm and exit room to secured room. (may require two persons for best efficiency)
6. While enjoying watching the murdering bastard bounce from the secure room, a celebratory adult beverage may be enjoyed and raised in toast of a job well done.
7. Post completed video on line to advise other murdering bastards that this is what will happen to them. (guaranteed millions of hits)