Skip to comments.Obama on way to Palm Springs for Fundraiser & Golf
Posted on 06/13/2014 6:24:51 PM PDT by kcvl
Per Megyn Kelly on Fox News
Earthquake, anyone? Preferably when he’s at the ninth hole?
Near a pond that will become a bottomless pit?
Rush talked about this today.
The world is going to hell in a hand basket and this clown goes off to play gulf ... It’s good to be the king.
Is there a graduation or something to make it “official”, or does he now forgo such formalities, and go full vacation mode?
In MA here this week he at least put on the motions of doing a “wocester”* high school graduation, enroute to a fundraiser in Boston.
* - Arrogance-in-chief mis-spells Worcester
Why should today be different than any other day?
Palm Springs road closures announced for Obama visit
The couple are scheduled to arrive at the Palm Springs International Airport on Friday for a four-day visit.
Amid Foreign and Domestic Crises, Obama Plans to Fundraise and Golf This Weekend
President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama should land at Palm Springs International Airport at about 6 p.m. Friday, straight from a visit to the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota.
At approximately 8:30 a.m. Saturday, theyll jump over to Laguna Beach for a Democratic National Committee fundraiser, followed by the commencement address to UC Irvines Class of 2014 at Angel Stadium, which wraps up at 1 p.m.
That puts the Obamas back in the desert at about 2 p.m. Saturday. They will stay for Fathers Day, before flying home to Washington, D.C., mid-morning on Monday. Its unclear if their daughters, Malia and Sasha, will tag along.
What is Obamas plan here in the Coachella Valley? Presumably a short vacation, and likely a round of golf or two though the details remain fuzzy.
172 golf days since he took office. The press started insinuating that Bush was lazy after his third golf game while in office.
If I was better with the photos, I’d post a photo of Obama teeing off on a severed Iraqi head.
Sometimes it’s golf THEN a Fundraiser for our busy Campaigner-in-Chief ....
Definition of bad optics: Obama hits the links while Iraq hits the fan
Posted at 11:51 am on June 13, 2014 by Twitchy Staff
Mark Knoller @markknoller
From ND, Pres Obama heads to CA for a long weekend that includes golf in Palm Springs, another commencement & Dem fundraiser on Saturday.
@markknoller Maybe the folks in Iraq will put their little civil war on hold for the weekend?
6:03 PM - 12 Jun 2014
@markknoller OK, goody. A long relaxing weekend in Palm Springs for Obama. Poor guy deserves a rest after his recent string of successes
8:27 AM - 13 Jun 2014
Definition of bad optics.. Giving a brief statement before getting in your helicopter & flying off to play golf for 2 days. #WatchThisDrive
10:32 AM - 13 Jun 2014
Least the dude is not middle of future LA Kings celebration OH wait that be WH LOL!
Sorry Mr President Iraqi miltants are not having that LOL!
Obama Adds Laguna Beach Fund Grab, Palm Springs Getaway to UCI Commencement Visit
By Matt Coker Mon., Jun. 9 2014 at 6:02 AM
Here’s how the trip breaks down, according to the Democratic National Committee:
- After the Obamas visit an Indian reservation in North Dakota on Friday, they will travel on to Palm Springs.
- Early Saturday morning, the president first heads to the coast to attend a roundtable discussion at an undisclosed location in Laguna Beach where about 25 supporters will have contributed up to $32,400 each for the privilege.
- Later Saturday, Barry moves on to Angel Stadium in Anaheim, where Obama delivers the “Special All-Graduate Commencement Ceremony” address for UCI students and their guests, who start arriving at 6:30 a.m., although the program does not officially start until 11:30 a.m. Separate graduation ceremonies for individual schools on campus will have been held before and after Saturday. Fifty years ago, then-President Lyndon Johnson spoke at UCI’s dedication ceremony.
- Obama will leave Anaheim to reunite with his wife at their undisclosed getaway location in the Palm Springs area. It’s unclear whether the girls will be with mom and dad.
It will be Obama’s third visit to the desert oasis during his presidency (that we know of, heh-heh ...). He met with King Abdullah II of Jordan in February at the Sunnylands estate in Rancho Mirage, which is the same place the president met with Chinese President Xi Jinping in June 2013. Obama played golf with friends during both weekends.
This is apparently Michelle Obama’s first time back to the Coachella Valley since she attended former first lady Betty Ford’s memorial service in Palm Desert in July 2011.
Nero did the same thing I bet...
Iraq over-run by militant Muslim extremists.
US border over-run by illegal aliens.
My work is done.