Skip to comments.5 Disastrous Obama Policy Decisions That Have Already Blown Up In His Face
Posted on 06/14/2014 4:52:33 AM PDT by Kaslin
>The only reason liberalism survives is because there's usually a good bit of lag between when a policy is being implemented and the time when the American people get to see the results. If Americans could somehow magically see what would happen in a decade or two after a liberal policy has passed, there would be no liberals left. Instead, back in the real world, liberals create or exacerbate disasters with their policies, blame everyone other than themselves, and then demand more government action to fix the problem they screwed up in the first place.
Barack Obama is a perfect example of how this works. This is a man who basically had carte blanche to do anything he wanted for the first two years of his presidency since Democrats controlled Congress by a large margin. Since then, Obama has probably gotten his way more than any President in modern history, even though he had to break and ignore so many laws that he created a constitutional crisis in the process.
So, how has all that unbridled liberalism worked out? Is Barack Obama wildly popular or his popularity plunging? Are Americans congratulating Obama for all of his policy successes or are they baffled by how anyone could screw things up so badly? Are Democrats taking credit for all of Obama's wonderful policies or are they still trying to pass the blame to George W. Bush who left office 5 1/2 years ago?
Barack Obama may be good at campaigning and great at shifting the blame, but when it comes to governing, he can't do anything right. If you want to see what happens when a politician ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS puts raw politics and ideology above what's good for the country, take a look at just some of the disasters Barack Obama has created for America.
1) Setting a Timeline And Not Getting a Status of Forces Agreement in Iraq: George W. Bush may have had a tough time in Iraq overall, but his surge was wildly successful and the country had largely been pacified when he left office. In other words, Barack Obama didn't have to "win" the war in Iraq because it had already been won. All he had to do was not screw up the peace. Instead, for purely political reasons, he set a timeline for when we were going to pull out. Then he didn't even bother to get a status of forces agreement with Iraq, which would have helped to stabilize the country and improve its training with very minimal risk to American forces. Keep in mind that we STILL have soldiers in Germany, Japan, and South Korea, but none in Iraq, which desperately needed our help and advice to keep the country stable. Now, the entire nation is in danger of devolving into civil war and/or falling to Isis/Al-Qaeda outright because Barack Obama wanted to be able to tell his base that he got us "out" of Iraq. Well, we are "out" of Iraq, but now ISIS/Al-Qaeda is in because of Obama. Great job squandering all the sacrifices our soldiers made in that country, Obama!
2) Obamacare: Barack Obama genuinely deserves to be impeached not just once, but twice for Obamacare. From top to bottom, the entire program was sold on lies. Obama claimed that if people liked their plans they could keep their plans. He claimed that if they liked their doctors, they could keep their doctors. He claimed that Obamacare would cut costs for the average family by $2,500. Obamacare could have never passed if the American people had known those promises were baldfaced lies. Since the bill became law, Obama has illegally altered it more than 20 times to try to delay the damaging political impact to the Democrat Party. Meanwhile, the law has cost millions of Americans their insurance and has driven medical costs into the stratosphere. Seldom has so much been promised to so many who've been so bitterly disappointed with what they received.
3) Breaking The Law To Give Amnesty To Young Illegals: We've already had a "one time" amnesty for illegal aliens in this country, but Barack Obama is willing to flagrantly break the law in order to have another one. So essentially, he has ordered the border patrol to stop deporting ANYONE other than SOME of the worst criminals and gang members. Contrary to the law on the books, younger illegal aliens are being flat out told they won't be deported and are being given work permits. Unsurprisingly, as word of this got out, it created a flood of illegal aliens at the border. In past years, roughly 6,500 unaccompanied children have crossed the border. This year, the number is projected to be around 90,000 and the Obama Administration STILL isn't deporting them, which will make our illegal immigration problem worse, spur even more children to come here and will lead to countless kids being robbed, raped and murdered on their way to the United States. This has been called "Cloward-Piven at the border" and that's exactly what it is: a deliberate attempt to subvert the law and hurt the country.
4) The Failed Stimulus: Including interest, Obama spent more than a TRILLION dollars "stimulating" the economy. "Stimulating" is in quotes because there's very little real evidence that frittering away all that money we borrowed actually did anything to help the economy. That's actually an even bigger deal than people might think since the CBO estimated that over the long haul, the "stimulus" would actually create so much new debt that it would REDUCE OUR ECONOMIC GROWTH. In other words, we didn't grow in the short term, we're going to grow less in the long term, and we added a TRILLION DOLLARS worth of debt. Do you know what we could have bought with 1.2 trillion dollars in stimulus?
Think of it like this: in todays dollars, the stimulus bill will cost more than the war in Korea and the war in Iraq combined! It will cost about the same amount as FDRs New Deal AND the war in Vietnam combined! Itll cost far more than the Marshall Plan, the Louisiana Purchase, and putting a man on the moon combined!
Instead, we might as well have taken a trillion dollars, weighted it down and dumped it into an active volcano for all the good it did.
5) "Jobs, Jobs, Jobs" or "Jobs, Jobs, Jobs" lost? Barack Obama has put a number of policies in place which were supposed to create jobs. Rather famously, his stimulus bill was supposed to drop unemployment to 5.6% or below by 2012. Nancy Pelosi said Obamacare would create 4 million jobs link. Obama has loaned (and lost) countless billions of dollars to Chrysler, GM, and green energy companies like Solyndra to create jobs. Obama has === publicly "pivoted to jobs" 19 times since he was first elected. Liberals, including the Obama Administration tell us that Barack Obama has been FANTASTIC at creating jobs.
Yet, there are a MILLION LESS AMERICANS WORKING TODAY than there were the day Obama took office. If you go back to 2007, before the economic crash there are "3.2 million fewer full-time employed persons" working. On top of that, median household income is down by close to $2300 per family since Obama took office. Put another way, there are less people working than when Obama took charge and the people who are working are making less money on average. It's all well and good for Obama to keep encouraging as many people as possible to get welfare and disability, but he seems to have forgotten that we need to have some people left working to pay for that along with the rest of the big government programs he advocates.
If one thinks that his policies were designed to help the US, yes, they have blown up in his face. If one acknowledges that he has never wanted to help the US, but in fact to destroy it, then they are succeeding spectacularly.
Thursday, President Obama said, "I don't rule out anything," but the White House appears reluctant to risk any military assets that might draw the Americans back into a war they just got out of. Obama said the government in Iraq is going to need more help, but expressly stated that ground troops are not an option.
I don't rule out anything.....well....except maybe for this...and...uhhh...maybe that....
With all due respect, these are “Mission Accomplished”.
How about overthrowing governments that had kept their nations stable?
It is an article of faith in those minority communities that all US laws, our rules and regs, our traditions, morals and mores were fashioned by evil, white men specifically to subjugate minorities and deprive them of the same opportunities white Americans were given.
When Oprah shocked us----saying white people must die to eradicate inequality, she underlines that belief. Caribbean singer Harry Belafonte also urged Obama to kill white people.
Ergo, Obama religiously believes he can and should ignore US laws. Unfortunately Obama has the power to do as he believes.
If you go back to 2007, before the economic crash there are "3.2 million fewer full-time employed persons" working.
The change of parties in Congress must have been a coincidence.
This what he is all about. His job, in his eyes, is to turn on everyone and everything is tuned inside out and upside down. America is going to be in for a rude awakening when those EBTs are shut off.
Not ever do I want to defend this POS POTUS, but it takes two to have an agreement...
Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me Iraq was the major obstacle to a SOFA agreement...
Of course being the incompetent idiots he has involved in his administration, I would not be suprised they pised away the opportunty...and walked away due to arrogance...
Actually Obama does not have the power he thinks he does, but; we have a Congress full of those who are breaking the law themselves as neither Congress or the Federal Gov were given the powers they have commandeered which are in violation of the constitution. This country was founded on individualism and the right to worship freely what religion one believed in as the early settlers came to America for religious freedom and to escape the King of England and other repressive types. We had one colony that was catholic. Judge Napolitano’s book is a good read to see how far our Supreme Court is out of line plus our federal government has usurped states rights by threatening to cut of this or that federal fund. We must get rid of Obama and clean up this nation to get back to what our founding fathers wrote in the constitution. Obama should have been impeached over Benghazi. Obama is our enemy.
One Obama success: fundamentally changing this country like he promised. Yep, it’s not the great country it used to be.
Saddam’s Iraq was not stable it was just not in the MSM until it spilled outside its borders. Are you forgetting the fighting and massacre of Kurds and Shia. Yeah, just a few million there. How about Kuwait? Iran? His supergun aimed at London? His WMD development programs? Chemical weapons stockpiles? 500 tons of enriched uranium and nuclear breeder reactors?
And you think THAT was stable?
Lay off the MSNBC.
Biden got something right...a three state solution in Iraq would’ve been better. What stake did we have in Iran vs Iraq or in Kurdish independence? The US has made the situation worse, and armed both sides.
Most liberals / democrats/ marxist think the stimulus was a resounding success...
Billions upon billions of dollars to fund all sorts of liberal causes and liberal candidates...with the taxpayer funds being funneled through front organizations and money laundering schemes...
Do you really think Solyndra "lost" 500 million dollars...with only 1,100 employees...?
Do people understand how hard it is to loss 500 million dollars...on revenue of 100 million to 140 million per year...
“Of course being the incompetent idiots he has involved in his administration, I would not be suprised they pised away the opportunty...and walked away due to arrogance...”
Did John Dillinger rob banks because he was too incompetent to make a deposit?
I do not agree with the course Congress has taken---however, it probably is a good idea to hold off.
As 2014 looms, Obama is getting more desperate as he contemplates his power being weakened by Repub majorities.
His one last hope is that Congress will turn him into a "sympathetic victim"....all of his actions and those of the Democrats point to baiting and luring Congress into that trap.
The federation plan was rejected in 2006 by Iraq’s Shia and Sunnis. Only the Kurds approved it. GWB wasn’t behind it either believing the Shia would take the high-road and be good stewards of all Iraqis. Didn’t happen. They ain’t that noble and wanted to be in charge.
In light of the fact the Shia believed they could ignore everyone else in their government and do as they pleased for the last 5 years I’m not too upset by the current situation. The pendulum is swinging back. Many US and Iraqi leaders knew it would come to this because Maliki would not cooperate with other sects in the government. He’s gotta go then maybe federalism can be tried.
Biden didn’t get anything right. He just regurgitated the 2006 proposal when things started going south. It’s a hollow, no-liability claim since his boss had already removed the US forces needed to provide stabilization for a federation of states.
. . . including moving to subjugate the American people in every way possible
This guy is no moron. He is doing exactly what he planned to do. He’s willing to look like an incompetent fool to some, in order to accomplish his agenda. When Americans finally realize that, it will be too late.
I did not say that Congress did not have the power to curtail or even start impeach proceedings. I have been waiting for over a year and one half actually since Benghazi for these clowns to appoint a special prosecutor. Let’s add the IRS scandal, these kids coming across the border plus everything this incompetent idiot has done. HE IS A THREAT TO OUR SECURITY.
I have to agree. Americans increasingly economically crippled, Islam on the rise in the East, a load of new Democratic voters pouring across the border... it's all going beautifully for him.
Wonder how this is playing in Israel and Saudi Arabia? etc.....
These are not mistakes.
Remember 2008? A reporter informed Obama the govt. would harm the poor by raising taxes on the rich (Laffer Curve), and Obama responded: ‘I don’t care, it’s a matter justice.’
His name is Barack Hussein Obama. They tried to hide the “Hussein.”
“God Bless America? God Damn America!” - Reverend Wright, Obamas minister.
We knew this in 2006. We knew everything about him, from lack of any person in college knowing him despite his being editor of the Harvard Law Review to the book he wrote, where his bio stated where he was born.
Wan to blame someone for the collapse of America? Public enemy number one is Punch Sulzberger with Columbia’s J-school a close second.
"I will stand with the Muslims when the political winds shift in an ugly direction".
Can the "political winds" be any more ugly than they are now? Who caused the political winds to shift "in an ugly direction"?
Answer: Obama and Obama.
I guess we know exactly where he "stands" now.
His mission to "fundamentally change" the U.S. into an financially-broken, demoralized and divided socialist/fascist caliphate is being accomplished step-by-step with relative ease every passing week.
Two-and-a-half more years to go.
We haven't seen anything yet, folks.
And just think, there are really more than 5 policies that could have been added to this. Every day we are bombarded with just one more tragic decision or lawlessness that this administration wallows in. We have cast our pearls before swine!
The U.S.Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.
I guess "Bread & Circuses" work very well.
And the Associated Press a close third.
John Hawkins is STUPID if he doesn’t KNOW these are WINS for Obama.....he WANTS to DESTROY THIS COUNTRY!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.