Skip to comments.Nine statements by Obama yesterday (Tuesday) made a mockery of God's word
Posted on 06/20/2014 2:03:24 AM PDT by xzins
esterday, President Barack Obama spoke at an LGBT fundraiser in New York City. You can watch or read the entire speech here.
I thought you might like to know what he said, so here are a few excerpts from the transcript of his speech:
- The day that the Supreme Court issued its ruling, United States v. Windsor, was a great day for America.
- So Pride Month is a time for celebration, and this year we've got a lot to celebrate. If you think about everything that's happened in the last 12 months, it is remarkable. In nine more states youre now free to marry the person you love - that includes my two home states of Hawaii and Illinois. The NFL drafted its first openly gay player. The U.S. Postal Service made history by putting an openly gay person on a stamp - the late, great Harvey Milk smiling from ear to ear.
- When I took office, only two states had marriage equality. Today, 19 states and the District of Columbia do.
- But because of your help, we've been able to do more to protect the rights of lesbian and gay, and bisexual and transgender Americans than any administration in history.
- We repealed "don't ask, don't tell," because no one should have to hide who you love to serve the country we love.
- I lifted the 22-year ban on people with HIV traveling to the U.S.
- Before I took office, only one openly gay judge had been confirmed in history. We have 10 more.
- ...we stopped defending the so-called Defense of Marriage Act in the courts and argued alongside Edie and Robbie before the highest court in the land.
- I've directed my staff to prepare for my signature, an executive order prohibiting discrimination by federal contractors on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
My friend, our nation is in deep trouble under President Obama and liberals in Congress...are you registered to vote in upcoming elections?
Does this mean that my ewe and I can come out of the closet now?<;)
0 will “come out” before his term is up.
Will that help or hinder Mooch’s run for the Senate?
Does this surprise anyone?
“the only one for me is ewe
and ewe for me
so Happy together”
Help. She’ll get the sympathy vote from the Oprah crowd.
Take note that he repeatedly said “We” and not you. That kinda tells us something that’s been intimated is really true.
Will that help or hinder Moochs run for the Senate?
Nothing would surprise me, what with the corruption of this state.
It wouldn't matter. MO would sweep Cook County, and East St. Louis, and get nothing else, and still win.
Freep-mail me to get on or off my pro-life and Catholic List:
Please ping me to note-worthy Pro-Life or Catholic threads, or other threads of general interest.