Skip to comments.Media won’t tell you, so here are reasons to doubt global warming
Posted on 06/22/2014 6:49:55 AM PDT by george76
Various statements and events defy the claim of a universal consensus on harmful climate change.
Have you noticed that the nature of the crisis du jour may change, but the solutions always involve higher taxes and more power for the political class?
Theres a reason some global warming enthusiasts demand that the media refuse to print or broadcast skeptical views.
Polls show Americans continually rank climate change near the bottom of lists of important issues. Apparently, global warming is harmful because shut up is the only argument many activists have left.
And theres a reason the Environmental Protection Agency is rushing to restructure (actually, cripple) the U.S. economy.
we get predicted disasters that can be forestalled only by giving government huge chunks of our money and liberty, via an EPA proposal to eventually ban coal, which provides 40 percent of U.S. electricity (90 percent in some states).
(Excerpt) Read more at centralmaine.com ...
I don’t doubt global warming for a sec. Every moment of the day the Sun is warming the planet and after it sets there is cooling.
OK!! Everybody pay attention!
Lesson for today:
1. The sun is 1,300,000 times as big as the earth.
2. The sun is a ball of fire that controls the climates of all its planets.
3. The earth is one of the suns planets.
4. The earth is a speck in comparison to the size of the sun.
5. Inhabitants of the earth are less than specks.
Study Question: How do less-than-specks in congress plan to control the sun
Answer; you are a racist!
Global warming is perfectly obvious to people who hate the human race and think it’s the worst thing that ever happened to the planet.
You should doubt global warming because the raw data don’t support the nonsense. CLIMATE changes. We have had warming and cooling through out recorded history. The fact that certain folks have an agenda and will use ANYTHING to try and get their way is also a reason to believe NOTHING that they tell you
The original evidence turned out to be lies and fraud.
The hockey stick graph created by the secret computer program turned out to make any data look like it was increasing.
The IPCC report was manipulated to ignore the conclusions of the scientists who worked on it.
Temperature data was fudged to make it seem as if temperatures were increasing.
NOAA data were released unadjusted. No admission that this ever happened has been issued by the NOAA.
It’s another program still looking for evidence.
I just don't believe that climate change is a "crisis" that requires industrial nations to cripple their economies in order to address.
So maybe the earth warms a couple of degrees in a century? So what? We'll adapt. 600-800 million years from now, it won't be habitable anyways regardless of what we do.
So let me, the Greenie Goddess, control the Planet Thermometer till we hit those levels, and then you'll see how right I was. Garden of Eden, here we come!
I'm doing my part. I have 2 nice big compost piles that are vastly enlarging my Carbon Footprint.
Every breath I take, we're closer to Optimum. If only! ;o)
According to the AGW worshipers those are just theories.
I’m bumping this. This is good!
“For God so loved the world, He sent his only begotten SUN. . . . . . “
So when will Adam and Eve be prosecuted?
Location: central Texas
High Temp: 84
Date: 6/22/2014 Second day of summer. It has been raining since I awoke at 06:30 and continues to pour a steady light/ medium rainfall. Everything is green!
Soon the heat from the sun will dry everything to a crisp, and we will dream of a hurricane hitting the gulf coast with hopeful anticipation. The option is to wait until September 1st, the opening day of dove season, when the first rainfall following summer normally occurs.
Global warming and cooling has happened throughout history. Whether recent global warming,unlike the previous 3 billion years, caused by human activity is the current question. It’s widely debated, but it is the easy part. What no one pays proper attention to is whether the proposed solution would work.
So, let’s pretend that manipulated computer models of selected inadequate data prove that AGW plays the significant role in increasing average global temperature, and that nature does not.
1) Do the Left’s proposed measures to reduce global temperatures have any proven basis in science and engineering? What is that proof?
2) Would they reduce global temperatures in a reliable way?
How do they know?
3) Would the proposed reductions be uniform, or greatly varied at different part of the planet (like current temps).
4) Could they have unintended consequences and negative effects on weather patterns, storms, agriculture,and cause regional flooding or desertification and famine? Oops.
5) How much does each degree of theoretical global temperature reduction cost (directly and indirectly)? Who pays? Will China and the “developing world” share in the cost and reversal of “development”?
6) What are the benchmarks for success? I see a huge potential for, “well, sure the temperature rose anyway. It would have been even hotter, if we hadn’t spent ...”
7) What happens when the measures do not work as dreamed, after trillions are spent, the world economy and living standards are ruined, totalitarian governments installed, etc.? Will it suffice for Al Gore to say, “Gee, I guess I was wrong, but I got this $100 billion dollar t-shirt”?
If you look at a map of the world, you can see gigantic areas in Russia and Canada that are basically locked up many months every year by severe cold weather. And these people are trying to tell us it would be a disaster if these super cold areas were warmer. Where I live, Wisconsin, I certainly wouldn’t mind warmer winters in the slightest. Bring on global warming.
sounds like a typical summer in Texas to me
“sounds like a typical summer in Texas to me”
Exactly, hell I was bragging! It rained all day, sun showed and rain stopped after 15:30!
1.5” of rain! Great start on summer.
The forecasters said 20% chance of rain Sunday night when I retired on Saturday. Now they say rain through next Monday.
Once again they guess.
Tell me again how the dumbasses in DC can tell us the world is getting warmer and be believable?
1.5 inches of rain is something to brag about and a good start to any day
That post has gotten a little old.
No doubt in Sacramento.
Sacramento is a fantastic 77 degrees right now.
The global warming hoax is even older than my lesson plan and much more dangerous!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.