Skip to comments.Sen. Mike Lee: Congress Should Withhold the Presidentís Funds Until he Stops Breaking the Law
Posted on 06/28/2014 4:48:11 PM PDT by kingattax
On Thursday, TPNNs Tim Constantine spoke with Tea Party Senator Mike Lee about the presidents continued efforts to erode the separation of powers between the branches of government and the Supreme Court ruling that held that President Obamas repeated recess appointments were, in fact, unconstitutional.
Sen. Lee praised the Courts decision, which was unanimous, that held that the president, once again, overstepped the bounds afforded to his office by the Constitution.
Speaking about Speaker of the House John Boehners intention to file suit against the Obama Administration, Sen. Lee expressed approval of the effort, but cautioned that the lawsuit should not be the only remedy sought to curb President Obamas power-grabs.
(Excerpt) Read more at tpnn.com ...
It’s an excellent idea. The House control the purse, I never understood why they don’t use it.
The boys up in the House need to show the American people that they have a pair and shut down ALL funding to the Executive Branch until they stop breaking the law.
I agree.Take away the Residents pleasure times flying off on Air Force one and vacationing on the Taxpayers dime.Tell the Executive moron More work and less play.
Its time for the Resident to clean up this National and International mess he’s created.
Not only that, impeachment is not limited to the president. Certain senior appointees can also be impeached, and I believe federal judges can be as well. So let’s get to it, TP representatives!
Cruz and Lee tried to show them how last October, but the GOP-E undercut them.
This is why the Founding Fathers decided that only Americans should be allowed to be elected as President of the United States. They knew that jackasses from say, Kenya Africa, were too stupid to understand how the United States of America works and would only screw everything up. They were right but we didn’t want to listen to them.
Ground AF1. And the helicopters.
The problem is that even the HoR is corrupt, the HoR evidently giving Obama a blank check somewhere along the line to finance his anti-USA projects independently of Congress.
In other words, the HoR's readings of the Constitution at the beginnings of the 2011 and 2013 legislative sessions were evidently nothing more than a dog-and-pony show for low-information voters.
Patriots and former Obama supporters need to exercise their voting muscle in the 2014 elections to elect lawmakers who are willing to force corrupt Congress back into its constitutional Article I, Section 8-limited power cage.
Lee needs to take Hatch OUT.
Oooooooooooh, Dooon’t make me do thiiis! It’s tooo haaaaard!
King Obama will merely direct the treasurer to write checks anyway. ..
Yes, it's unlikely to happen, but we have to start somewhere. Talking about it is a start.
Good idea. But will it happen?
I vote aye.
Defund the parasitic bast@@ds! And when we win the fall elections, impeach them all! I will enjoy Holder’s impeachment even more than Obozo’s!
Geez! What a novel idea! /Heavy Sarcasm (Should have been done a long time ago!)
Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution says:
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
What’s happening on our southern border is an invasion conceived and abetted by our president.
De-fund Michelle's staff and personal travel and see if she can straighten out his putter and fix his ball washer...............
First Lady Michelle Obama's Servant List and Pay Scale
The First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants (that's 22 attendants to be exact)
1. $172,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary to The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special-2Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide to The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
Defunding Air Force 1 would get his attention ! He’d have to stay in the WH with MO. Might even be enough to get him to step down.
Absolutely, positively hold the funds for the weekly WH parties, flying world wide and fund raisers on Air Force one, record breaking golf rounds. That will bring the narcissist to his knees.
“The House control the purse, I never understood why they dont use it.”
How exactly would that work?
I imagine it would happen through the appropriation bill that starts in the house that contains money for whatever agency the house did not want to fund.
So let’s say they stop funding agency x. This has to go to the senate. The democrats there don’t pass the bill. Usually these appropriation bills contain money for lots of things including stuff that the house wants to fund. So the senate decides that since there is no money for agency x, they’re not going to pass the bill, and the government shuts down and they of course blame the repubs and the press makes a huge deal of it and scares the crap out of the srs and welfare recipients and government employees and government contractors, and low information voters. The repubs having no stomach or balls for this, retreat with their tails between their legs.
Is this the way it would play out?
So to summarize....
With the current makeup of our congress and media “power of the purse” translates to “shutting down the government”.
With the current makeup of our population “shutting down the government” translates to a huge backlash for the repubs in public opinion and the voting booth, and smiles in the dems faces.
Did I miss anything?
Instead of “should”, how about “will”?
The only way to get his attention is to cut off his (golf) balls.
The Constitution requires the House to originate “raising Revenue”, not to originate spending it.
I think Sen. Lee’s comments are being a little misunderstood. He seems to be talking about a situation where Republicans take the Senate as well as the House.
I never understood why they dont use it
Weak kneed Republicans. No spine.
The trick is getting fewer people dependent on the federal government, if we can’t do that, we’re toast! Socialist dystopia will rule.
Talking about it is a start.
And usually an end. Like the old axiom says: After all is said and done, there’s a lot more said than done.
Little talk and lots of action would be preferable.
Yes, and I havn’t forgotten those who sided with or at least didn’t oppose the rats for trying to keep elderly and infirm WWII vets from their own memorial.
Didn’t Michelle Bachman have the same idea? It’s a good one.
So, shut down gubment again!
Ha, the GOP is too busy agreeing with Obama to defund his office!!!
Oh I could see it now. They would play it up good. Obama and his ugly wife would have their two kids with rags as clothes, messed up hair and have them look dirty......show them on TV and say.....the Republicans are taking money from my children. In a normal world that would not work, but today it would be a disaster.
This country is lost......
Bonor and McCornhole have screwed that pooch last year. Remove those two Socialist enabling bums and problem solved.
He looks just like the Cowardly Lion.