Skip to comments.A Queer Tour of Israel
Posted on 06/29/2014 7:01:21 AM PDT by Salman
If you hang out with Jewish Millennials, youve probably heard of Taglit-Birthright, established by philanthropists and the Israeli government in 1999 to bring young-adult members of the Jewish diaspora to the Holy Land. The junket is commonly, and rightly, considered a recruiting device to get Americans to make aliyah (move to Israel), or at least to stick up for the country in political arguments, and maybe even to find a nice Jewish spouse.
In 2008, the tour operator Israel Experience started offering trips tailored to LGBTQ Jews, and you can understand why: Israel wants to build goodwill with American liberals, and some queer folks would prefer to have plausible romantic prospects on the bus. But as I and my nose-ring- and skinny-jeans-bedecked fellow travelers scribbled our preferred pronouns onto our name tags before our departure from the Newark airport, I wondered how the Holy Land would sit with a group of people who resist tradition just by being themselves.
(Excerpt) Read more at theatlantic.com ...
Money Changers in the Temple: Tel Aviv redefines itself as Gay Capital of the World
This is one reason the land spewed out the original Canaanite inhabitants of the land of Israel.
God gave Israel a warning that if they did those same things, the land would also spew them out.
The culture is flooded with endless liberal writing... why have it here?
The male butt lickers are mostly found near little boys organizations and filthy public restrooms. The smell of feces is their aphrodisiac.
Between queers an abortion can Israel still be considered the Holy Land? Seems they’re us in this respect.
Right. I’m still trying to figure out why so many Americans give a sh!t about the place at all.
“I bunked with a trip-mate who was a young lesbian veteran of the Israel Defense Forces and cracked Holocaust jokes”
what a scumbag, especially as homosexuals engineered the Holocaust. Where are the Haredi mobs when you need them?
Jews crack Holocaust jokes every day. Humor is a strong part of their survival culture. My guests this weekend were Jewish and we got in a few good Nazi jokes.
Some offset to islamism, I guess. Though there does seem a possibility that we’re going to lose this war.
I’d been thinking of going to Israel next spring, though maybe I should just save the money.
That is something a Catholic Canadian could never understand.
You grew up on stories of medieval saints, or perhaps Constantine and Charlemagne. We rednecks grew up on stories of Joshua, David, and Solomon. Our little towns and churches have Hebrew names. Ever hear of Boaz, Alabama? I'm pretty sure there's no town named Boaz in Canada, and certainly not in Europe.
Until the day comes you can read your Bible and see it as reality rather than an allegory you will never understand.
It's great that American Fundamentalist chrstians support the right of Jews to live in and have sovereignty over the Holy Land. However, the state of '48 is merely a "Hebrew-speaking Portugal" (in the words of Rabbi Me'ir Kahana' [zt"l; Hy"d]). David Ben Gurion, whom American Fundamentalists seem to think was King David reborn, was an atheist who fully expected the Jewish religion to die out completely.
Unfortunately, American chrstians (quite naturally) accept Jews and a Jewish state only on their own terms: with Judaism as a historical stage in the development of chrstianity and with Israel as a state based on the same eighteenth century "enlightenment" Protestant concepts as the USA. They never seem to consider Judaism's claim that it is THE true religion, not a sort of "cub scouts" to the chrstian "boy scouts." And furthermore a Jewish State with a fully Halakhic government (which is what the prophecies are about) will be very different from the government of Protestant America. Americans forget that ancient Israel was a Theocracy where "religious liberty" as we know it today did not exist. When Mashiach comes a Torah State will be created governed entirely by Torah Law, and idol-worshipers will be expelled from G-d's Holy Land.
The vast gulf from this coming Halakhic State (and world) and the "State of Israel" that exists today shows how much there is yet to be done. Unfortunately, most Israeli nationalists are nationalists in the secular nineteenth century European mold (which began with the French Revolution and resulted in all the nationalist movements of the time . . . Greek, Italian, Czech, Armenian, etc.). The sad fact that G-d is never invoked as a defense of the Jewish presence in Jerusalem and that instead the Holocaust is treated as the one and only justification of the Jewish presence there illustrates the alienation of secular nationalism from Torah True "Zionism."
Unfortunately, today's Israel (like the decadent European society it aspires to be) does indeed celebrate its homosexuals. However, interestingly enough, the "gays" repay them by attacking them for "pinkwashing" and for "oppressing" the poor theocratic moslems. The insane hatred Israeli liberals have for their own country is similar to that of our American liberals.
Neither do I.
And don’t forget we’re the ones paying for their “free” abortions. We’re the ones subsidizing the gays in their military. We’re picking up the check for much of this “gay tourism” marketing.
I've read my Bible extensively. As far as the "Holy Land" is concerned, the most important fact to know about what the Bible tells us is that the tomb was empty.
These two fellas saw it:
aka — anal fixation like a baby according to Freud. Gays stay stuck at this stage of human/male development
No fair to toy around with ‘im.
It must gall ‘im to see Jewish faith completed through faith in Yeshua/Jesus. And the same favor offered to Gentile peoples. Hey God, that’s too EASY! I’ve been working to get Your favor, and that just is not FAIR!
I like that simile about the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. Thanks Z, it will probably be very useful in evangelism!
The empty tomb is an integral part of the story, but the whole story makes sense.
And that is one of your problems.
Wherever you live, do they have towns with names like Boaz, Salem, Canaan, Zarephath, or Zion?
If the Torah was given publicly at Sinai to three million people, and that Torah doesn't have an explicit expiration date, then chrstianity is unauthorized, period. No later prophet can be invoked as having a "higher" revelation.
It's not easy trying to reason with someone whose beliefs are based on absolutely nothing but that he chooses to believe it.
This thread is not posted in the Religion Forum; therefore RF rules do not apply on this thread.
Then my apologies. Though I understood that the rule that anyone mentioned in a post had to be pinged to it applied to all forums on FR.
The Savior was pre-promised. People can break promises; God can’t. The Torah folds into the knowledge of Christ.
“They [American Christians] never seem to consider Judaism’s claim that it is THE true religion . . . “
Because it’s not there. Judaism holds that it is THE only true religion - for Jews. People of other faiths are not asked/expected to follow its beliefs.
How do you get to that conclusion?
Genesis 12:3 and Psalms 122:6, for starters. Take it up with the Author if you don't like that answer.
Jesus Christ: You cant impeach Him and He aint going to resign.
Oh; we PROTESTants get it alright.
We get it from LOTS of religions!
Not even Jeremiah?
But I'd imagine HE is getting MIGHTY angry!!!
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
Queers and the liberal media make the sodomite presence in Israel seem much bigger than it is, as they do in the USA.
They exaggerate to normalize.
They are barely 1.5% of the population, if that, in both countries.
Libertines who embrace their perversion are about 1/3 in Israel, just like Democrats here.
Being a parliamentary government, however, the extremes have a larger voice than they do in a winner-take-all approach in the USA due to the typical need for a coalition government.
Same thing in Europe.
“And dont forget were the ones paying for their free abortions.”
The aid to Israel (which is actually much smaller than aid to Eqypt, Jordan, the so-called palestinians, etc) is limited to trade credits and discounts on USA-made military hardware.
This is done so that our military and yours can work together more efficiently.
For example, huge supply depos for the USA are in Israel.
We’re basically a giant forward operating base.
What?! I have yet to hear a Jew crack Holocaust jokes.
Where do you live? WASP-ville? White Bread Land? Phew!
Ever see the movie The Producers?
My old boss, a Jew, told me he’d put me into an oven every time a made a mistake. He did a great Nazi accent, actually.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.