Skip to comments.Republicans set strategy for remainder of Obama term
Posted on 06/30/2014 10:53:25 AM PDT by Oldeconomybuyer
... Although the GOP base knows in its heart that Obama is corrupt, Republicans havent been able to convince the country of that. So the idea that hes a tyrant offers a new opportunity to put every particular objection into a larger framework. Because the argument is about process and not substance, they can make the claim even on issues where theyre on the wrong side of public opinion, like the minimum wage or climate change. And it allows them to feed their bases anger, convincing tea partyers that theyre all focused on the same thing.
For the moment, we can leave aside the question of whether Obama is, in fact, a tyrant (there will be plenty of time to assess that in detail). But whats becoming clear is that this idea, which used to circulate mostly on the conservative fringes, is taking a central place in Republican rhetoric and strategy. They might not stop talking about it until the next president gets sworn in.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...
Yawn............roll over, play dead??
“Republicans set strategy for remainder of Obama term”
Why start now?
the question of whether Obama is, in fact, a tyrant (there will be plenty of time to assess that at your tribunal.
Really, we’ll talk about that later said Hitler.
Much later! said Stalin.
Exactly what they have been doing: Nothing
We all know what the strategy is...bend down, accept what comes, bend down, accept what comes...lie to the conservatives, blame the tea party...repeat.
FU Repubs, you are walking dead and we no longer give a smelly Obama about you and yours.
2. Piss and Moan
3. Do Nothing
4. Launch Relentless Attacks Against Conservatives
Join the Democrats to take down anyone that respects the U. S. Constitution, and enact new laws that rip it apart.
With over 12 US Supreme Court decisions against him (which is unprecedented for any President in history) this shows he’s trying mighty hard to be a tyrant!
They've used this strategy for the past 6 years.
I was going to say cower and hide
So the Surrender Monkeys of the GOP-E have a plan?
Probably the same plan they have been using all along, run and hide!
5. Send John Boehner out to weep on camera
Even if the Republicans could settle on a strategy, Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader McConnell are not the ones to implement it successfully.
get a tan
have a martini
> Although the GOP base knows in its heart that Obama is corrupt, Republicans havent been able to convince the -———— of that.
...fellow LIV Afro Americans, multi-cultural loving white sl**ts, Millenials Jews who seem to love to take a beating, the welfare class, illegal immigrants, and the NWO orchestrators who don’t have to be convinced; they planned it.
“Because the argument is about process and not substance, they can make the claim even on issues where theyre on the wrong side of public opinion, like the minimum wage or climate change”
So,who’s on the wrong side here? The 2% of public opinion or the other 98%?
Bend over and take it — just like all the rest of the time he's been in office?
The GOP only has one strategy, cave in.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.