Skip to comments.
Republicans Circulate List of Top Female House Candidates
Roll Call ^
| Abby Livingston
Posted on 07/01/2014 5:17:24 PM PDT by ObamahatesPACoal
The end of primary season is nigh, and Republicans are now optimistic their slate of House candidates will yield a net gain of female members in the conference after November.
Republicans are now focusing their efforts on a specific slate of top female candidates with a strong chance of coming to Congress.
On Tuesday morning, a top aide to Rep. Ann Wagner, a Missouri Republican and leading voice in the conference for women, emailed Capitol Hill colleagues and K Street allies to highlight these female candidates, according to an email obtained by CQ Roll Call.
As many of you know, my boss, Ann Wagner (MO-2), and Congresswoman Diane Black (TN-6) have worked over the last year to recruit, support and promote Republican women candidates for Congress across the country, wrote Christian Morgan, Wagners chief of staff.
Project GROW bet on two Florida special election candidates who were unable to win their primaries. And four additional female candidates lost open-seat House primary races in Georgia, West Virginia, and California.
(Excerpt) Read more at atr.rollcall.com ...
TOPICS: Constitution/Conservatism; News/Current Events; Politics/Elections; US: Iowa
KEYWORDS: house; republican; rinos; women
I hope Todd Akin runs for his house district against RINO Ann Wagner in 2016.
I think Bachmann and Cynthia Lummis are the only women with over 70% Conservative ratings at the different conservative rating groups. Wagner, McMorris, Jenkins and Ellmers are all terrible.
McSally is a RINO using the same methods as McCain.
Kathleen Peters(FL) was pro-Obamacare and pro-amnesty. It is a good thing David Jolly won.
Akin is off the political scene and should never return, but I agree Wagner is not conservative enough. Bachmann is of course retiring, to be replaced by Tom Emmer, who seems just as conservative.
Whats your opinion on Wendy Rogers, running in Arizona I think, against the lesbian?
posted on 07/01/2014 5:20:28 PM PDT
(Rebuke the Repuke!)
We had a good one here in FL Sandy Adams that knocked out one of the ‘moderate’ dems for Obamacare in 2010. Unfortunately, our lovely party redistricted her out along with Allen West...the two Florida reps who were not in the slightest concerned about leadership loyalty. I am sure it’s just a coincidence.
posted on 07/01/2014 5:20:43 PM PDT
Oh, great. It’s Binders Full of Women: The Sequel.
posted on 07/01/2014 5:27:10 PM PDT
(Life is short. Make fun of it.)
- Retired Air Force Colonel Martha McSally, who is challenging Democratic Rep. Ron Barber in Arizonas 2nd District.
- State Sen. Mimi Walters, who is facing marginal opposition in the open-seat race for Californias 45th District.
- Former Iowa Department of Public Health Director Mariannette Miller-Meeks, the GOP nominee to challenge Rep. Dave Loebsack, D-Iowa, in the Hawkeye States 2nd District.
- State Corporation Commissioner Patrice Douglas, who is in a runoff for the GOP nomination in the open-seat race in Oklahomas 5th District.
- Former White House staffer Elise Stefanik, who is the GOP nominee in the open-seat race for New Yorks 21st District.
- Former Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love, the GOP nominee in Utahs 4th District.
- Virginia Del. Barbara Comstock, the GOP nominee in Virginias 10th District.
- Former Rep. Nan Hayworth, the GOP nominee to take on Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, D-N.Y., in the 18th District.
- Retired Air Force Lt. Col. Wendy Rogers, who is in a competitive primary in Arizonas 9th District, the winner of which will challenge Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz.
- State Rep. Darlene Senger, the GOP nominee to challenge Democratic Rep. Bill Foster in Illinois 11th District.
posted on 07/01/2014 5:27:59 PM PDT
(I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy)
What does being female have to do with anything? Is the GOP doing identity politics now?
posted on 07/01/2014 5:34:50 PM PDT
((Support Christian white males---the architects of the jewel known as Western Civilization).)
posted on 07/01/2014 5:36:00 PM PDT
(I love the America that used to be ---I hate the America that now IS!)
“The end of primary season is nigh”. I wouldn’t call two months to go and 18* primaries almost over.
* Not including Louisanna which essenatilly does their primary in November.
"Republicans Circulate List of Top Female House Candidates..."
.... Heck .... I hope the list wasn't circulated in Binders cuz we all know that is sexist according to the Democrats.
posted on 07/01/2014 5:57:51 PM PDT
( "A Nation of Sheep ..... Will Beget ..... a Nation Ruled by Wolves.")
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson