Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 199 Times in Speech Vowing Unilateral Action
CNSNEWS ^ | July 11, 2014 - 8:56 PM | Terence P. Jeffrey

Posted on 07/12/2014 3:53:14 PM PDT by yoe

Not counting instances when he quoted a letter from a citizen or cited dialogue from a movie, President Barack Obama used the first person singular--including the pronouns "I" and "me" and the adjective "my"--199 times in a speech he delivered Thursday vowing to use unilateral executive action to achieve his policy goals that Congress would not enact through the normal, constitutional legislative process.

“It is lonely, me just doing stuff,” Obama said at the speech in Austin, Texas, (according to the official transcript and video)posted on the White House website.

“I’m just telling the truth now,” Obama told the crowd. “I don't have to run for office again, so I can just let her rip. And I want to assure you, I’m really not that partisan of a guy.”

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...


TOPICS: Culture/Society; Politics/Elections
KEYWORDS: duplicate; ime; obamalawless; obamaspeech
The real Obama has emerged and he is tyrannical; is breaking his sworn oath of office the POTUS while our elected Senators and Congressmen are also failing to do as they swore to do and that is to protect nation and citizens from enemies within and without....Obama is our enemy for the 80% that realize it, the other 20% are either too stupid and misinformed or already Socialists and don't give a damn.
1 posted on 07/12/2014 3:53:14 PM PDT by yoe
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: yoe

The turd never even gives any credit to his teleprompter, pen and phone. What a Kenyan jerk.


2 posted on 07/12/2014 3:55:21 PM PDT by FlingWingFlyer (The future must not belong to those who slander bacon.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe

FUBO

I knew Obama would be bad and he hasn’t disappointed.


3 posted on 07/12/2014 3:55:50 PM PDT by ilovesarah2012
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe; All


Help FR Continue the Conservative Fight!
Your Monthly and Quarterly Donations
Help Keep FR In the Battle!

Sponsoring FReepers are contributing
$10 Each time a New Monthly Donor signs up!
Get more bang for your FR buck!
Click Here To Sign Up Now!


4 posted on 07/12/2014 3:58:39 PM PDT by musicman (Until I see the REAL Long Form Vault BC, he's just "PRES__ENT" Obama = Without "ID")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe
The real Obama has emerged and he is tyrannical; is breaking his sworn oath of office the POTUS while our elected Senators and Congressmen are also failing to do as they swore to do and that is to protect nation and citizens from enemies within and without....Obama is our enemy for the 80% that realize it, the other 20% are either too stupid and misinformed or already Socialists and don't give a damn.

I think that he has NO moral fiber, even less backbone and takes ORDERS from the Democrat hierarchy.
He always has and will always do so for another two years.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes orders from the "New Black Pathers" and "Nation of Islam" a la Louis Farrakhan either.

5 posted on 07/12/2014 4:02:39 PM PDT by cloudmountain
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: musicman

GREAT graphic of cone-dumb-head.


6 posted on 07/12/2014 4:03:34 PM PDT by cloudmountain
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: yoe

Maybe it’s the beginning of an aria; Me, Me, Me, Me, Me! in F Sharp.


7 posted on 07/12/2014 4:03:42 PM PDT by lee martell
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe
I’m just telling the truth now

["I've lied through my teeth until now"]

I don't have to run for office again, so I can just let her rip

That's true. He doesn't care what anybody thinks about him and impeachment threats mean nothing to him. He came to office to overthrow our free Constitutional Republic, like he said he would, and replace it with Socialist Collectivism.

He'll try to do whatever it takes to accomplish his mission. It's up to the American People to stop him.

8 posted on 07/12/2014 4:04:18 PM PDT by PapaNew
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3179414/posts
9 posted on 07/12/2014 4:06:21 PM PDT by Hoodat (Proverbs 29:2)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe

10 posted on 07/12/2014 4:13:40 PM PDT by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hitlery: Incarnation of evil.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe
Basically he's saying, "I'm going to do what I want to do" (no surprise - his actions and words before 2008 told us that).

He's saying what Stanley Ipkiss in The Mask said: SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

Well Sarah's taken up the challenge. Anybody with her? It's up to the American People to stop Obama-Ipkiss.

11 posted on 07/12/2014 4:15:12 PM PDT by PapaNew
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe

Unlike Ipkiss, Obama’s ripped off his mask and is saying, “Oooooooo...SSSSSomebody Stop Meeeeeeee!!!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sJqTDaOrTg


12 posted on 07/12/2014 4:21:05 PM PDT by PapaNew
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe

Collectivism will do that to you. Self worship is a virtue.


13 posted on 07/12/2014 4:46:15 PM PDT by lurk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: lee martell

It’s a public meltdown...


14 posted on 07/12/2014 5:32:51 PM PDT by Hotlanta Mike (‘You can avoid reality, but you can’t avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.’)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Hotlanta Mike

“It’s a public meltdown...”

I agree, Mike. I honestly think he’s heading for a total nervous breakdown in the very near future. We can only hope it happens on air.

It’s apparent that his handlers are keeping him doped up in hopes of getting through the next 2 years and I personally don’t think he’s going to make it that long.

Once he’s served his purpose ‘they’ will take him out.


15 posted on 07/12/2014 7:01:00 PM PDT by panaxanax
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: cloudmountain
I wouldn't be surprised if he takes orders from the "New Black Pathers" and "Nation of Islam" a la Louis Farrakhan either.

Them theres Holder's peeps.

16 posted on 07/12/2014 7:05:56 PM PDT by BerryDingle (I know how to deal with communists, I still wear their scars on my back from Hollywood-Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: yoe
‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 199 Times in Speech Vowing Unilateral Action

I thought by now everyone knew that this narcissistic, smarmy, sociopath had an "eye" problem...

17 posted on 07/12/2014 7:26:11 PM PDT by publius911 ( Politicians come and go... but the (union) bureaucracy lives and grows forever.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe

This 6 minute video may help even the dullest no/low info morons understand what they have done. (Then again...) With assists from “academia”, liberal Jews (no, I am NOT an anti-semite but support Israel’s right to exist) and a few others, the 47% no/low info voters hooked on “free chit” put a MAD MAN in the Spite House! And if you thought the last 6 years were insane, wait until next year!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdaLIDaMuSo
PLEASE SHARE WIDELY!


18 posted on 07/12/2014 7:34:53 PM PDT by Dick Bachert (Ignorance is NOT BLISS. It is the ROAD TO SERFDOM! We're on a ROAD TRIP!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yoe

How many times did he grunt “uh-uh-uh” like a monkey?


19 posted on 07/12/2014 8:20:08 PM PDT by lightman (O Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine inheritance, giving to Thy Church vict'ry o'er Her enemies.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: BerryDingle
Them theres Holder's peeps.

No surprise there.

20 posted on 07/12/2014 8:43:13 PM PDT by cloudmountain
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: yoe

I took a shot every time he uttered either of those during the first SOTU...I know I wasn’t the only one...

...I think he’s onto us.


21 posted on 07/12/2014 9:18:51 PM PDT by logi_cal869
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: panaxanax

I wonder how many packs of cigs is he up to now per day? Does Moochelle abide? I believe not.


22 posted on 07/13/2014 7:17:28 PM PDT by Hotlanta Mike (‘You can avoid reality, but you can’t avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.’)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson