Skip to comments.22 shot in Chicago over 12 hours, including girl, 11, killed at sleepover
Posted on 07/20/2014 5:08:12 AM PDT by Zakeet
Shamiya Adams was sitting on a bedroom floor in her best friend's home, making s'mores after an evening of practicing a dance routine, when the shot ripped through the house in Garfield Park.
The bullet crashed through the wall of the bedroom and struck the 11-year-old in the head. She was rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital, where family kept an overnight vigil until the girl was pronounced dead at 7:33 a.m. today.
The victims told police they were approached by someone they didn't know, who fired shots at them.
In other shootings:
(Excerpt) Read more at chicagotribune.com ...
Where is the outrage?
I read somewhere recently that Detroit’s new law allowing citizens to possess and carry firearms has had a positve effect on reducing crime and assaults. Go figure. Come on Chicago, get a clue.
Team Obama’s City.
Those”Guns”are at it again!
It is much more dangerous in El Salvador! ! ! !
Lets send the illegals there and find out.This only a test.
Good idea. A couple of hundred MS-13 gang members should be able to cull the herd!
Goodness, I must remember to turn in my gun the next time my community sponsors a buy back program. Who knows when it will get mad at me and attack me for not properly cleaning, loading, or shooting it. Guns are definitely the problem. Get rid of them and we will have a peaceful society, ruled by the biggest, baddest gorillas in the country.
Chicago City Council will meet tomorrow to draw up their new “toughest gun control laws in the country” before they break for lunch.
And they could reshoot the movie the quick and the dead.
Gun control kills more people than guns ever will.
Well, there they go again, “Street Rats” doing what they do best. And odumbo will sign another EO to ban all gun ownership thus stop the violence once and for all. Then, the shooting in Chicago will continue as none of the Street Rats can read.
Lets make it a swap. Send Chicago punks to El Salvador. Only a test of course. . . . .
Crime stats for Detroit show crime down by about 30%, depending of the particular type of crime.
That according to Detroit Police Chief, who held a press conference a few days ago.
Ballistics are attempting to trace all gun violence to white hispanic jewish peruvians at this time.
Is there a current year to date tally of shootings and homicides?
And this is the community our President “organized.”
So they take guns from honest, non-violent people and leave them in the hands of violent criminals.
we had youth programs in Sweden that worked. We called them parents.
Basically the idiots libs have to blame guns and not their idiot constituents. Totally all about political correctness, an absolute disaster.
>> Basically the idiots libs have to blame guns and not their idiot constituents
Wouldn’t surprise me if 95% of criminal actions involving guns were perpetrated by individuals that favor and vote for Democrat policies.
Nothing can be done about it because it would be racist to reveal who are the shooters.
Disparate Impact and such.
(may involve some racial profiling too)
Eric Holder doesn’t care about these deaths. Holder’s staying awake nights praying some right wing ‘lone wolf’ will do something - anything - so he can step on that person with all his pent up paranoid hatred.
The other reason Holder doesn’t care is most of the victims are black... and Holder just might be a closet racist.
I am making an example of you, to send a message out to people everywhere: that if you want to hurt another human being, you’d better make damn sure they’re the same color as you are! Court is adjourned!
LOL - I like South Park...
Don’t ya just love DemocRatic enclaves? aka FRee FiRe Zones.
Of course, you wouldn't be told that it isn't inanimate objects doing the killing, but humans killing other humans with those objects. You wouldn't know that most of the killings are done by sunburned Amish and Latino gangsters. You wouldn't know that Chicago is a Gun Free Zone (has been for decades) and there are laws(!) to stop the killing. You'd never know the carnage is orchestrated by the media and Donkey Party.
All of the background you'd never know because the media is trying to sell the Bravo Sierra notion that packs of guns are marauding the streets of the Windy City and shooting people.
Place the blame where it belongs: Urban “Culture”
That’s what I’d like to know! Some psychopathic upper middle class white kid grabs a gun and shoots other upper middle class white kids, and SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! NOW!!! Meanwhile, blacks in inner city slums across America are mowing each other down every weekend, and from the MSM...crickets...
ILLINOIS STATE RIFLE ASSOCIATION
REP. ROBIN KELLY - AN EMBARRASSMENT AMONG EMBARRASSMENTS
The Prairie State has a long and bipartisan history of churning out elected officials who prove themselves to be utter embarrassments to the good people of Illinois.
Over the years, the 2nd Congressional District has done more than its share to uphold this tradition by giving us such luminaries as Gus Savage, Mel Reynolds and Jesse Jackson, Jr. Not satisfied with having burdened us with that trio of cartoon characters, the voters of the 2nd District have now delivered unto Congress one Robin Kelly - whose obsessive dislike for the people who own guns greatly outdoes the quirkiness of her predecessors. .
As a three-term member of the Illinois House from the south suburbs, Kelly built a reputation of having contempt for the 2nd Amendment and the rights of law-abiding citizens to own firearms. While a member of the Illinois House, Kelly never met a gun control bill she didn’t adore. In short, Kelly’s tenure in the Illinois House was hallmarked by her unrelenting attacks on your constitutional rights.
Kelly seized the opportunity to advance her political career amid the chaos surrounding the dramatic and protracted exit from the House by Jesse Jackson, Jr. Kelly’s Congressional aspirations were bolstered after she furiously pinned the blame for the Newtown murders on the NRA and law-abiding gun owners. Kelly’s attacks on the NRA endeared her so much to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg that he offered her the opportunity to sell her political soul in exchange for a $2 million campaign advertising budget. Facing the might of the gun-grabbing billionaire, Kelly’s competition soon fell away, giving Kelly a landslide victory worthy of a banana republic strongman.
In the year or so since her election to Congress, Robin Kelly has been busily organizing her campaign to take your guns away from you. The fruit of Kelly’s year-long endeavors is a slick 66-page tome on the evils of private firearm ownership self-servingly entitled “The Kelly Report.” Although we’re all sure that Kelly would like to take credit for all the gun-grabbery that spews forth from the report, most of what is contained within is merely a rehashing of 45 years’ worth of attempts to crush the
Like any good politician, Robin Kelly knows how valuable a joke is in softening up the audience. The foreword to “The Kelly Report” is no exception. In her opening remarks, Kelly assures us that, “...the Kelly Report is NOT a manifesto against guns or gun owners. Let me be clear: I am not anti-gun. I am pro common sense.” So says Kelly but we must wonder if many on the report’s list of “Contributors” would admit to such a stance. We think not. But, then again, it’s a safe bet that Kelly’s brand of “common sense” would dictate that private firearm ownership be abolished.
If there is any doubt among you as to what Kelly has in mind for law-abiding gun owners, let’s put it to rest right here. Let’s examine the “gun safety” proposals contained in “The Kelly Report” and examine their effect on private firearm ownership. Keep in mind that Kelly asserts that her report achieves, “... striking the right balance between protecting our Second Amendment rights and promoting public safety by keeping guns out of the wrong hands.” Kelly has the audacity to claim that you, the law-abiding gun owner, has no reason to oppose the proposals contained in her report. Well, let’s take a look at Kelly’s proposals from her report and see how many gun owners will subscribe to them.
1. Kelly: “Establish Universal Background Checks.” Us: We all know this is a red herring that should be entitled, “Universal Licensing, Registration and Confiscation.” Criminals are more than willing to risk violating a background check law on their way to committing bigger, more heinous crimes.
2. Kelly: “Reauthorize the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.” Us: In other words, ban and confiscate about 90% of the firearms owned by civilians. Does Kelly really believe this is something that gun owners will support?
3. Kelly: “Require Ammunition Sellers to Obtain a License.” Us: What Kelly really means to say is, “Let’s make ammunition more expensive and impossible to buy.”
4. Kelly: “Regulate Guns Like Other Potentially Dangerous Consumer Products.” Us: Kelly wants to turn jurisdiction over guns to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. You know...the same folks who gave us lawnmowers with those gizmos and gadgets stuck all over them.
5. Kelly: “Help the ATF Track Straw Purchase Data.” Us: See #1 above.
6. Kelly: “Expand the Federal Definition of ‘Intimate Partner’” Us: First off, what business does the federal government have in defining who you are “intimate” with? This proposal would essentially allow anyone to whom you’ve ever said, “hello” to file an order to have your guns taken away from you.
7. Kelly: “Keep Guns From High Risk Individuals.” Us: In essence, “Keep guns from anyone who doesn’t fit Robin Kelly’s definition of ‘normal.’”
8. Kelly: “Examine Gun Violence as a Matter of Public Heath.” Us: In other words, dump tons of taxpayer dollars into schemes to repeal the 2
9. Kelly: “Promote the Tracing of Firearms Used in Criminal Activity.” Us: See #1 above.
10. Kelly: “Waive Gun Manufacturer Liability Exemption” Us: Does Kelly really believe that gun owners will support legislation that would allow anti-gun crackpots to sue gun manufacturers out of existence?
11. Kelly: “Repeal Stand Your Ground Laws.” Us: Um, yes...let’s make sure that muggers, murderers, robbers and rapists meet no resistance.
12. Kelly:” Develop a Firearm Restraining Order Petition Process.” Us: Yes, let that idiot sister-in-law of yours swear out a warrant to have your guns taken away.
13. Kelly: “Expand Domestic Violence Statutes to Include Stalking and other Dangerous Activity.” Us: Just another excuse to progressively expand the envelope of ‘dangerous activity’ and increase the opportunities for firearm forfeiture.
14. Kelly: “Require Physicians to Ask Child-Wellness Questions to Promote Home Safety.” Us: This is just another move towards the day when the government comes to your door and tells you that you can keep your kids or your guns, but you can’t keep both.
15. Kelly: “Increase Academic Research on the Costs of Gun Violence.” Us: See #8 above.
16. Kelly: “Invest in Smart Gun Technologies.” Us: If gun owners wanted this technology, then they’d be clamoring for it, but they’re not. We don’t need the government telling us what kinds of guns we should buy or not buy.
As if “The Kelly Report” wasn’t enough to convince everyone that Robin Kelly is a bit off kilter, the Children’s Firearm Marketing Safety Act just might. Introduced by Kelly to the Congress earlier this week, the bill would essentially prohibit anyone under 18 from participating in the shooting sports. Manufacturers could not make guns sized to young people’s dimensions. Advertising would be restricted from promoting shooting products or events for young people and young people could not appear on any advertising intended for young shooters. Through this bill, Kelly wants to prevent young people from ever acquiring an interest in shooting which, in turn, would lead to fewer adult shooters in the years ahead. Kelly wants to choke off interest in the 2nd Amendment.
It’s doubtful that the Children’s Firearm Marketing Safety Act or many of the recommendations contained in “The Kelly Report” will ever become law. In the mean time, we will be forced to endure the antics of Kelly and the other activists under Bloomberg’s wing. It’s a given that Kelly’s proposals will become more and more bizarre as time goes on.
Just because Robin Kelly is eccentric doesn’t mean she’s not dangerous. Under the right circumstances, Kelly’s offbeat proposals could gain traction in the U.S. House. It’s important that firearm owners keep an eye on Kelly and continually challenge her attacks on the right to keep and bear arms.
The only Illinois politician, with the last name Kelly, I care about, is William Kelly, the conservative candidate for mayor of Chicago. If he wins, he’ll encourage law-abiding residents to own guns and defend themselves from criminals. Please read his site, www.williamjkellyforchicago.com.
Web page not found.
Yes, that’s him and the correct site.