Skip to comments.Sue And Settle Another Way For Greens To Halt Progress
Posted on 07/22/2014 6:21:37 AM PDT by rktman
If you've never heard of the litigation technique "sue and settle," it's the hottest new strategy for extreme environmentalists to make millions of acres of prime land for ranching, farming, oil and gas drilling, and mining of natural resources off limits for development.
Sue and settle involves a stealth partnership between anti-development Obama administration regulators at the Environmental Protection Agency or the Interior Department and litigious green groups including Greenpeace, Defenders of Wildlife, WildEarth Guardians and the Sierra Club who want to halt fossil fuel development and other projects on federal and even private lands.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...
I know radio host Hugh Hewitt does not have many fans here. But his law practice is all about fighting garbage like this.
Watermelons - green on the outside, commie red on the inside.
With a conservative POTUS and congress, one of their critical first actions should be “An Act to Restore Federal Land Takings to the Individual States.”
1) Exempting Indian reservations and military reservations, and a few specified “national crown jewels”, with definite boundaries, all other federal land takings, by presidential proclamation and bureaucratic regulation, congressional action, and judicial fiat, shall be returned to the individual states.
2) Clean up of multi-state areas of environmental degradation shall be done by block grants to those states for that purpose, with no other rules than the funds must exclusively be used for that purpose, with no less than 90% used for the clean up itself, not for administrative costs or other diversions.
3) Federal control of navigable waterways means exactly that, and the regulation of carbon dioxide, a beneficial natural gas, shall be ended as an irrational act.
4) Land set aside for endangered species shall be species based, not geographical area based, and such species so designated can only be provided preserves if the species as a whole is endangered and there is a captive breeding for release program that effective doubles their wild numbers every 5th-10th breeding cycle. Designations of endangered shall be based solely on genetic diversity within the total population.
The federal bias shall be for increasing the actual numbers of captive release species, not in land takings as set asides for endangered animals. Once removed from federal endangered status, the preservation will revert to the ownership of the individual state or states.
5) States will be encouraged to redevelop and occupy rural areas in formerly federal lands, to include provision of long term supplies of fresh water, resources, transportation and communications. Such redevelopment areas will receive federal tax cessation for permanent residents for a period of ten years, if they are at least 100 miles outside a metropolitan area.
The answer to this is simple, but it would take 6 or so CEO’s with some real balls to pull it off. All Energy Companies need nothing more than to compile a list of MEMBERS and LAWYERS for everyone of these groups, and REFUSE TO ACCEPT ANY CREDIT OF ANYKIND for ANYONE on the List. CASH ONLY.
I wish those misanthropes would lead by example and go all Jonestown.
I just heard yesterday the the NHL has come to an agreement with the natural resources defense council(NRDC) to reduce their “carbon foot print” emitted during NHL games. WHAT! If they’re really serious about reducing their “CFP” then they should force the players to walk to all their away games. Of course the huffing and puffing on the way will emit evil carbon. Better yet, just fold the league and no longer allow ice skating. The insanity continues. How long before the NFL, NBA, MLB, Auto-cross, NASCAR, LaCross, pro volley ball, World Cup Soccer all fall inline with these idiots? I know some of them have already undertaken steps to “curb” their polluting ways for the betterment of mankind. HUH?