Skip to comments.Obamacare Documents Contradict Ezra Klein's Damage Control Over 'Speak-O' Gruber
Posted on 07/28/2014 6:26:20 PM PDT by PJ-Comix
Jonathan Gruber absolutely did not mean what he clearly said over and over and over again. That pretty much sums up the left's rationale for "Speak-O" Gruber stating again and again and again that states with federal health care exchanges would not be eligible for subsidies. Of course, Gruber made these quite clear statements before it became obvious that the vast majority of states would refuse to set up their own exchanges and the threat of withholding the subsidies fell flat.
Among the more amusing of those performing desperate damage control is Ezra Klein of General Electric Vox. Unfortunately for poor Ezra there is a large body of Obamacare documents besides the very language of the Obamacare law itself that contradict his assertion that it was intended all along that the federal exchange set up for the states would be eligible for subsidies. First let us allow Ezra to entertain us with his conniption fit over Speak-O:
(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...
It’s the penumbra of his statements that clearly show he meant....... He clearly has gravitas and understands nuance. He was probably a Rhodes scholar and a Constitutional scholar.
I wish the media would understand that Gruber matters almost not all to the legal case.
I wish conservatives would understand that as well.
The court cares about legislative intent. Gruber is not a legislator.
Senator Baucus, however, was...
23 September 2009.
Nah, that’s Justin Bieber without makeup.
Have to remember to repeat that one
That guy is a lot more masculine than Ezra.
It must really suck to be Ezra Klein, huh...
That’s Pajama Boy.
1. Grubers: We have all met Grubers in our lives.
2. They believe that they are the smartest persons in the room.
3 No mistakes: But the main thing about them is this: They believe that they don't make mistakes like us ordinary humans, or they believe that they rarely make mistakes.
4. My point is this: Gruber did not make a mistake when he talked about how only State exchanges could apply for Obamacare subsidies, because he said it at least twice. He knew exactly what he was saying. He knew exactly what the law said, because he wrote it. No typo error or excuse for Gruber. No "I was heavily medicated when I wrote it."
5.We also know that the law went through several revisions and proofreadings before it was finally accepted. So there is strong proof that what we see in the law is exactly what Gruber and Obama wanted in the law: Every word. Every period. Every comma.
Sorry, Gruber, but you messed up bigtime. So be it.
6. Since he wrote the law, I bet that he is one of the few persons who has actually read every word over and over. He probably even memorized the whole damn thing.
7. I can hear know-it-all Gruber defending himself:"Who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes?"
8. I say this to Gruber and his partner in crime Obama: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.