Skip to comments.The US is the new Switzerland
Posted on 07/30/2014 2:06:26 PM PDT by SeekAndFindEdited on 07/30/2014 2:10:39 PM PDT by Admin Moderator. [history]
U.S. markets have been remarkably calm in the wake of escalating violence around the world, whether between Israel and Hamas, or Russian proxies and Ukraine, to name but two of the planet's hottest spots.
And with every ill wind that blows, money appears to be blowing westward with ever greater frequency.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnbc.com ...
Our deficits are still through the rough. Our entitlement spending is out of control and unsustainable. No one has demonstrated any political will to get our fiscal situation under control. Inflation is rising and our currency is headed for a drop in purchasing power parity. And we are teh bastion of stability???? That's a sad statement about the rest of the world.
The new Switzerland? So when do I get my government issued assault rifle and 50 rounds of ammo to take home?
Just like Switzerland, except that
1. No banking secrecy
2. Gun ownership is under attack like never before
3. We stick our nose into the business of everyone
4. We’re nuts about multinational organizations
5. Our system of federalism is under attack —state sovereignty under attack
6. Our immigration system is a joke, i.e., can the invader walk in
7. TONS of stupid, expensive social programs that don’t work
When the whole world is going to sh*t, you look for the least full porta-potty.
The new Switzerland? Not with respect to financial privacy. It gets more invasive here with every passing day.
RE: The new Switzerland? Not with respect to financial privacy
With due respect to the author, it was the USA that BULLIED Switzerland into DESTROYING their banking privacy.
RE: When the whole world is going to sh*t, you look for the least full porta-potty.
So, the USA is not Full of s**t, just half-full?
1) The disruption caused by conflicts overseas, namely Europe taking fallout from the Ukraine/Russia conflict, Europe and Asia Minor taking fallout from the Middle East conflict, Asia in turmoil over the emerging five-way Spratley offshore oilfields conflict, and I suppose that we won't have long to wait before India/China/Pakistan start something up again. Golly, the whole planet outside of the Americas is in chaos. Anyone for a round of golf?
2) The USA's phenominal success with 'Fracking'. We now produce more oil than Saudi Arabia and meet all of our own needs alone. Who needs the Arabs these days? They can all go spoon a goose.
Economically, the United States is best off doing absolutely nothing right now. Maybe Obama *should* just go play golf and eat ice cream.
Nearly half are Democrats, aren’t they?