Skip to comments.Malaysian Boeing disaster – Russia’s questions to Ukraine
Posted on 07/31/2014 2:28:47 AM PDT by McGruff
Russias Air Transport Agency has prepared a number of questions for Ukraine seeking to clarify the situation surrounding the crash of flight MH17.
The following data shall be requested:
1. Video and audio recording of the air traffic control center communications.
2. Tape recordings of radio exchanges between the air traffic controller and adjacent air traffic control centers inter alia covering the entry into the Ukrainian airspace.
3. Recordings of radio exchanges and phone calls between the air traffic controllers and the military air traffic control sector or Ukraine Air Defense.
4. Tape recordings of radio exchanges between the air traffic controllers and aircrews of SIA351 (Singapore Airlines) and AIC113 (Air India).
5. Data from ground-based radar facilities (including primary surveillance radar) on the aircraft track starting from the entry into Ukrainian airspace.
6. Information on the composition and performance of Ukrainian ground radar facilities, including the Russian-type radar stations, Dome radar stations etc.
7. Information from the Ukraine Armed Forces on the Air Defense control of airspace in this region (if such control has indeed occurred), including recordings of radio exchanges between Air Defense sites.
8. Description of the radar situation, including the complete information on military aircraft flights in the area of the military conflict and impact area of the aircraft debris.
9. Information on the specific detachment of Ukrainian Armed Forces which was tracking aircraft on July 17, 2014 and its location.
10. Tape recordings of radio exchanges between military pilots and the military air traffic control sector and the military pilots themselves in the area of the military conflict and the impact area of the aircraft debris.
11. Data from military aircraft data recorders present in this area.
12. Information on the specific instructions from the Ukraine Aviation Administration to the air traffic control units of Ukraine with relation to the imposed restrictions on the airspace utilization in the area of Donetsk and Lugansk (issuance of NOTAM) as well as the implemented procedures for coordination between the aircrews and Ukraine Air Defense units.
13. Parameters from the specialized onboard systems maintaining accurate data on aircraft track based on GPS signal.
14. Information on possible interference with GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) performance on the day of the accident (the Federal Air Transport Agency of Russia had been previously informed by Russian airlines flying over Ukraine).
15.Information on the aircrew pre-flight briefing (including the availability of information on the valid NOTAMs, enplaned flight levels and possible deviations from the filed flight plan).
16. A copy of the flight plan filed by the Malaysian airliner.
17. Statistics on previous MH17 flights on this air route.
18.Information about the missile launches planned for the date of the air accident including placement of the respective forces and means.
19. Daily plan and objective control data of the flight operations executed by the Ukrainian air forces on July 17, 2014.
20.Data about actual existence and consumptions of the anti-aircraft guided missiles, all anti-aircraft missiles systems, which are in the armament of the Ukrainian military forces.
21. Information about all the launches of the guided missiles by the Ukrainian military (including training exercise) during the period of July 10-17, 2014.
22. Information about the activation of the radar centers in the period close the time of the air accident.
It is necessary to make the following actions:
23. To execute a layout of the aircraft construction elements. To make the visual examination in regard to the existence of striking elements.
24. To make the detailed visual examination of the air accident scene, including the existence of striking elements.
25. Inquire aircraft crews present in the area on the day of the accident on the possible interference with on-board and ground-based navigation aids.
26. Decipher DFDR data (digital flight data recorder), paying special attention to the performance of the navigational equipment and trajectory parameters.
27. Receive all the data on the crashed aircraft including all previous possible failures and deficiencies, opened MEL items (failure or deficiency of a certain piece of equipment form the minimal equipment list), especially with regards to the navigational equipment.
28. Interrogate the crew if the flight SIA 351 Copenhagen Singapore on the subject of possible observation of Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 crash.
The text is published as prepared by the Federal Air Transport Agency.
More fog of war. Smoke screen effect. Still, some of the questions do make sense.
Obfuscation, pettifogging and bloviation. Like the old lawyer’s saw, “When you have the facts, argue the facts. When you have the law, argue the law. If you don’t have either, just argue.”
Why do you say that? Is there anything on that list that shouldn't be investigated?
29. Can you return all missile parts that our looters missed at the MH17 site so we can verify the serial number of our missing SA11?
OK it was a Malayan airliner, shot down over Ukraine territory by Ukranian sepratists. What is Russia’s role in the investigation and why should they be demanding anything?
I think we need to start with the listmaker himself and the Borschdt Brigade operating here on FR.
More questions, McGruff:
Today the Ukrainian military has announced that there will be a day-long pause to its brutal offensive to oust pro-Russian rebels in the east of the country.
The announcement follows a plea from the UN for a truce to allow a stalled probe into the downing of the passenger jet to go ahead.
Military spokesman Olekisy Dmytrashkivsky said that the move was in response to an appeal by the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, adding: ‘We have taken a decision not to conduct military operations on this so-called “day of quiet.”’
30. Will the Russian rebels remove the landmines that they planted at the MH17 shootdown site before the international team gets there???