Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Washington Tried to Land Massive Tesla Electric Car Factory Would It Be Worth It?
Newstalk 870 KFLD ^ | July 29, 2014 | John McKay

Posted on 08/01/2014 1:35:06 PM PDT by Robwin

The Washington Department of Commerce said it mounted an aggressive effort that included the personal involvement of Inslee.

The company would reportedly create 6,000 jobs to build batteries for a projected 500,000 Tesla cars to be built by 2020. Among the reasons given for Tesla’s reluctance to locate here is that we’re not a “right to work state.” Controversial labor issues with Boeing and other companies have scared off some prospective companies.

But beyond this grand project are some shady financial issues... This despite Consumer Reports fiascos that occurred in testing some Tesla models – which either caught fire in the battery area, or the engines died...

Front Page Mag online reports the real way Tesla has been making it’s money is from government subsidies, and crony capitalism.

Tesla didn’t generate a profit by selling sexy cars, but rather by selling sleazy emissions “credits,” mandated by the state of California’s electric vehicle requirements. The competition, like Honda, doesn’t have a mass market plug-in to meet the mandate and therefore must buy the credits from Tesla, the only company that does. The bill for last quarter was $68 million.

Absent this shakedown of potential car buyers, Tesla would have lost $57 million, or $11,400 per car.”

“Tesla isn’t actually making money selling cars. It’s making money from crony capitalist taxes of people who buy cars from other companies. And even the customers who buy its cars get paid with taxpayer money.”

So, for every car they sell, the buyers receive numerous government, taxpayer funded rebates, kickbacks, and other financial compensation that eats up much of the cost of the car. And, as stated earlier in this story, millions are taken from other electric car makers to give to Tesla because they have “favored” status with the Obama Administration.

(Excerpt) Read more at newstalk870.am ...


TOPICS: Business/Economy; US: Washington
KEYWORDS: automakers; tesla; teslaelectriccars
This report primarily refers to how building the Tesla factory would impact WA state, but it has national implications.
1 posted on 08/01/2014 1:35:06 PM PDT by Robwin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Robwin

could always use it to house Obama Illegals


2 posted on 08/01/2014 1:38:16 PM PDT by molson209 (Blank)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Robwin
Among the reasons given for Tesla’s reluctance to locate here is that we’re not a “right to work state.”

I would think a Baraqqi regime affiliate like Musk would have a union agreement in place before even turning a shovel of dirt. Surely he's not thinking of having a factory where the proletariat is not protected by the UAW?

3 posted on 08/01/2014 1:39:53 PM PDT by nascarnation (Toxic Baraq Syndrome: hopefully infecting a Dem candidate near you)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Robwin

Maybe they could throw in with Boeing and make electric airplanes.


4 posted on 08/01/2014 1:40:00 PM PDT by tacticalogic
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Robwin

Why would anyone want to put a business in a state where there are so many anti business socialists?


5 posted on 08/01/2014 1:53:54 PM PDT by Mastador1 (I'll take a bad dog over a good politician any day!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: tacticalogic

nope.. every seat on the new Obama approved airliner will have peddles..

but only 47% of them will drive the propellers... The other 53% will fly for free and will be given the 47%ers peanuts and shot glass of soda.


6 posted on 08/01/2014 1:54:23 PM PDT by cableguymn (It's time for a second political party.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Robwin

If Tesla wants to build a factory, let Tesla pay for the factory.

Simple.


7 posted on 08/01/2014 1:56:18 PM PDT by GeronL (Vote for Conservatives not for Republicans)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: GeronL

I’ll go on record that the giga plant will never be build. This is all a big pipe dream and a ploy to pump up there stock

Just my 2 cents worth


8 posted on 08/01/2014 5:03:20 PM PDT by woodenickel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson