Skip to comments.Top Ten Ways Islamic Law forbids Terrorism
Posted on 11/13/2014 8:15:01 AM PST by beaversmom
Erik Rush and others who hastened to scapegoat Muslims for the Boston Marathon bombing are ignorant of the religion. I cant understand why people who have never so much as read a book about a subject appoint themselves experts on it. (Try this book, e.g.). We dont yet know who carried out the attack, but we know they either arent Muslims at all or they arent real Muslims, in the nature of the case.
For the TLDR crowd, here are the top ten ways that Islamic law and tradition forbid terrorism (some of these points are reworked from previous postings):
1. Terrorism is above all murder. Murder is strictly forbidden in the Quran. Quran 6:151 says, and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully. (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the state for a crime is permitted). 5:53 says, whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.
2. If the motive for terrorism is religious, it is impermissible in Islamic law. It is forbidden to attempt to impose Islam on other people. The Quran says, There is no compulsion in religion. The right way has become distinct from error. (-The Cow, 2:256). Note that this verse was revealed in Medina in 622 AD or after and was never abrogated by any other verse of the Quran. Islams holy book forbids coercing people into adopting any religion. They have to willingly choose it.
3. Islamic law forbids aggressive warfare. The Quran says, But if the enemies incline towards peace, do you also incline towards peace. And trust in God! For He is the one who hears and knows all things. (8:61) The Quran chapter The Cow, 2:190, says, Fight in the way of God against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! God loveth not aggressors.
4. In the Islamic law of war, not just any civil engineer can declare or launch a war. It is the prerogative of the duly constituted leader of the Muslim community that engages in the war. Nowadays that would be the president or prime minister of the state, as advised by the mufti or national jurisconsult.
5. The killing of innocent non-combatants is forbidden. According to Sunni tradition, Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . (Maliks Muwatta, Kitab al-Jihad.)
6. Terrorism or hirabah is forbidden in Islamic law, which groups it with brigandage, highway robbery and extortion rackets any illicit use of fear and coercion in public spaces for money or power. The principle of forbidding the spreading of terror in the land is based on the Quran (Surah al-Maida 5:3334). Prominent [pdf] Muslim legal scholar Sherman Jackson writes, The Spanish Maliki jurist Ibn `Abd al-Barr (d. 464/ 1070)) defines the agent of hiraba as Anyone who disturbs free passage in the streets and renders them unsafe to travel, striving to spread corruption in the land by taking money, killing people or violating what God has made it unlawful to violate is guilty of hirabah . . .
7. Sneak attacks are forbidden. Muslim commanders must give the enemy fair warning that war is imminent. The Prophet Muhammad at one point gave 4 months notice.
8. The Prophet Muhammad counseled doing good to those who harm you and is said to have commanded, Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil. (Al-Tirmidhi)
9. The Quran demands of believers that they exercise justice toward people even where they have reason to be angry with them: And do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.[5:8]
10. The Quran assures Christians and Jews of paradise if they believe and do good works, and commends Christians as the best friends of Muslims. I wrote elsewhere, Dangerous falsehoods are being promulgated to the American public. The Quran does not preach violence against Christians.
Quran 5:69 says (Arberry): Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousnesstheir wage waits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow.
In other words, the Quran promises Christians and Jews along with Muslims that if they have faith and works, they need have no fear in the afterlife. It is not saying that non-Muslims go to hell quite the opposite.
When speaking of the 7th-century situation in the Muslim city-state of Medina, which was at war with pagan Mecca, the Quran notes that the polytheists and some Arabian Jewish tribes were opposed to Islam, but then goes on to say:
5:82. . . . and you will find the nearest in love to the believers [Muslims] those who say: We are Christians. That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud.
So the Quran not only does not urge Muslims to commit violence against Christians, it calls them nearest in love to the Muslims! The reason given is their piety, their ability to produce holy persons dedicated to God, and their lack of overweening pride.
(For a modernist, liberal interpretation, see this pdf file, Jihad and the Islamic Law of War.
I have sen koran excepts posted which call for muslims to spread the faith through violence and making others submissive. Looks like many muslims believe those parts.
For every pacifist verse there is one or more calling for violence.
From what I understand of Islam, they have a doctrine where things in the Quran that Mohammad said later in life carry more weight than things he said earlier.
Thus lots of peaceful sounding and noble things that appear early in the book are canceled out by other things he says later on.
Thus none of these can be actually put into context.
Mohammedans belong to a cult of hate, founded by a camel humping pedophile.
Read the title; everything that follows is BS.
The bull-Obama is strong in this one.
Islam is the definition of evil.
Related thread from October 2014:
A Rebuttal to Islam: Top 5 Arguments
by Steven Crowder
Also, if anyone knows of any lists to ping that might be interested, that would be great.
Then how did the first three Islamic Caliphates conquer more land in 150 years than the Roman Empire at its zenith?
Somebody needs to tell the tens of thousands of victims of Islamic terrorism over the last two decades that they are not dead. It is forbidden for them to be dead!
Yes, that is what I have heard also. Need to ping Robert Spencer, Walid Shoebat, Mark Steyn, and others for rebuttal to article. :)
The muslims are masters of double speak.
Sure, other parts of the Koran advocate pillaging and murder...but see these peaceful sections here...we’re just peaceful people.
O you who believe! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people. (Sura 5:51)
And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers. (Sura 3:85)
That’s correct. Abrogation is quite the doctrine, never mind it being proof to the “unbelievers” of the utter heresy of anything Mohammed said.
Believe this or you will be stoned to death for heresay...
You have to remember that according their holy book it is ok to lie to infidels.
The person is a moron. They don’t understand what takes precedence in the Quran and if people don’t understand it I’m not explaining it to them.
Yes, the Syrian man who recently oversaw the lady's stoning in front of her father for adultery, a father who condoned the stoning and would not recognize her, was quite magnanimous and diplomatic as she was murdered. He said there would be a place for her in heaven after they pummelled her with rocks and urged the father to forive HER. This overseer of the execution was really quite gracious and merciful...in a Muslim kinda way.
In other words, "do not kill a true Muslim who has accepted Allah. But as for those who have not accepted Allah, it's open season.'
Guilty as charged. Next case. Court adjourned.
"O Prophet! Make war against the unbelievers [all non-Muslims] and the hypocrites and be merciless against them. Their home is hell, an evil refuge indeed." (Koran, 9:73)
"When you meet the unbelievers in jihad [holy war], chop off their heads. And when you have brought them low, bind your prisoners rigorously. Then set them free or take ransom from them until the war is ended." (Koran, 47:4)
"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and his messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be to be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet and genitals cut off, or to be expelled out of the land. Such will be their humiliation in the world, and in the next world they will face an awful horror." (Koran, 5:33-34)
"When we decide to destroy a population, we send a definite order to them who have the good things in life and yet sin. So that Allah's word is proven true against them, then we destroy them utterly." (Koran, 17:16-17)
"In order that Allah may separate the pure from the impure, put all the impure ones [all non-Muslims] one on top of another in a heap and cast them into hell. They will have been the ones to have lost." (Koran, 8:37)
"How many were the populations we utterly destroyed because of their sins, setting up in their place other peoples." (Koran, 21:11)
"Remember Allah inspired the angels: I am with you. Give firmness to the believers. I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: you smite them above their necks and smite all their fingertips off of them." (Koran, 8:12)
Quran-(5:51): O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.
Quran-(9:5): But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, And seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war) ; but if they repent (accept Islam) and establish regular prayers and practices regular charity then open the way for them; for God is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
Quran-(8:65): O Apostle ! Rouse the believers to the fight, if there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering , they will vanquish two hundred; if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the unbelievers; for these are a people without understanding.
Quran-2:216: Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you
Quran-(2:191): And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
Quran-(9:29): Fight those who believe not the Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of truth even if they are the people of the book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Quran(48:20): .Allah promises you much booty (spoils of war) that you will capture from the defeated infidels .
Quran-8:38 And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression
Quran-8:12: I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them
Quran-9:111: Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Quran
Quran-9:123: O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).
Quran-4:95: O ye who believe! Shall I show you a commerce that will save you from a painful doom? You should believe in Allah and His messenger, and should strive for the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is better for you, if ye did but know. ... Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than those who sit (at home).
[5.33] The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement, [5.34] Except those who repent before you have them in your power; so know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
I think the koran is rather clear for any that can read, in what evil murder it teaches its follower, against any not willing to convert. This does not even include how evil this "religion" is toward women. ANY woman who converts or marries into this religion is an absolute fool.
It always blows my mind how stupid you have to be to have one of those coexist stickers on your car.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.