Skip to comments.Ted Cruz to announce presidential bid Monday
Posted on 03/21/2015 9:46:44 PM PDT by Olog-hai
click here to read article
I mean think about it--look at what I've always said is totally wrong with our income tax code:
1. 30,000 tax lobbyists--HALF the lobbyists in Washington, DC--fighting for every scrap of a tax loophole. And you get political corruption on a huge scale over this.
2. The result is a tax code over 70,000 pages long so complex that it makes James Joyce's famously unreadable Finnegans Wake almost easy to read in comparison. Even the IRS can't figure out much of the tax code!
3. The sheer complexity means exorbitant yearly compliance and economic opportunity costs, estimated by some economists at around US$1 TRILLION per year (and climbing more in each subsequent year, especially with the imposition of Obamacare mandates through the tax code).
4. It also encourages the outsourcing of millions of jobs, thousands of factories, and hundreds of corporate headquarters for tax avoidance reasons. Care to explain why Apple manufactures its products in China, and why Google and Facebook have to use that highly-complex and expensive Double Irish with Dutch Sandwich accounting scheme to lower its tax bill?
5. It results in (by some estimates) around US$15 TRILLION in American-owned liquid assets sitting in offshore financial centers and other foreign banks for tax avoidance reasons (care to explain all those "banks" in the Cayman Islands, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, and so on? Or why Apple has 70% of its US$150+ billion liquid asset reserve outside the USA?).
6. Government uses the tax code as a political instrument to favor or punish political constituencies as little as ONE taxpaying entity. The recent scandal using the IRS to target conservative 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) groups is clear proof of this.
7. Because the IRS needs to know intimate details of personal and business financial records in tax return filings, there are potentially serious issues with invasion of privacy. Care to explain why former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's private tax returns ended up in the offices of Senator Harry Reid (D-NV)?
8. The IRS assumes you're guilty of tax evasion first, and you end up having less rights than most common criminals!
No wonder why the US economic recovery from the 2008 stock market crash has been sluggish and uneven. We need REAL tax reform--starting with a no-loophole flat tax akin to what Steve Forbes proposed in 1996--and in 3-4 years complete the transition so we can repeal the 16th Amendment and replace the income tax with something like FairTax, which would essentially end the taxation of the process of earning money.
Awright Vet, you’re on...let’s get the money coming in for Cruz.
"He's awfully good at making promises that he knows the GOP can't keep and pushing for unachievable goals, but he seems very popular with right wing," said veteran Republican strategist John Feehery.He has all the right enemies.
Promote our favorites, but don't repeat 2012. No more Romneys and no more Bushes.
That would be true if the candidates and supporters beat up the other conservatives to try and clear the field. That's what happened last time. The attempt was to clear the field for Palin. She didn't run. Bachmann was driven out (along with some self-inflicted errors). So was Pawlenty, Perry, Cain, Newt, and we were stuck with the last standing - a moderate conservative Santorum, a liberal in Romney, and libertarian in Paul.
Let's try and drive out Jeb instead.
Palin didn't make Cruz. Cruz made Cruz. Palin was one of many that helped.
Fox News is RINO central...mostly libs posing as something other
Right now, I'm in Defeat Jeb Bush mode. I'd defeat Lindsay Graham (I always thought Lindsay was a woman's name), Chris Christie, and Peter King as well (although I'd vote for them over Bush), but they'll take votes from each other and I'd like the Jeb vote to be split when Bush negatives go up.
Fox probably loves Jeb considering how much Rove was on.
What I would do if I was Cruz was go for the local medias. They aren't AS bad (bad enough) as the nationals, and they'll do anything for stories as they are struggling. Find the outstate media that isn't 100% bad, and then get the message out there.
We were shut out of the decision when it came to Romney; he was forced down everyone’s throat.
Cruz was not running for president in 2012, but was instead running for Kay Bailey Hutchison’s Senate seat.
“Not that they havent already attacked this wonderful man, but after he makes an official announcement, look for our shameful media and gutless POTUS to wage an all out assault on this fine man.”
Don’t forget the first wave of the attacks will come from his own party. Nobody hates a true conservative like a pretend one.
“Heck, Ill even change my registration to (R) from (I) just to ensure I can vote in the primaries for him.”
I’ll have to switch back as well. I left when crybaby was reelected speaker.
“If Cruz was our president the same time Bibi was PM of Israel, there would be hope in the world again.”
That would be a Thatcher-Reagan combo.
I did that ,too.
( but I’m a money wasting wacko bird.)
I’m in for $1,000.00.
Who’s with me?
I don’t know how to do vanity posts yet, but I just thought I’d let anyone know who happens to see this that I got a text from 33733 and I quote “Ted Cruz will make an exciting announcement soon. Stay tuned to @tedcruz on twitter around midnight to be the first to know”. Looks like Ted won’t make us wait until tomorrow afternoon after all.
I won’t be able to do that amount all at once, but I will be able to do it over the coming months.
I hope he flips his position on H-1B visas. All I can think about when I see his name is 500,000 new visas PER Year!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.