Skip to comments.Top 10 Climate Change Predictions Gone Spectacularly Wrong
Posted on 01/17/2016 10:31:00 AM PST by Libloather
1. Biologist Paul Ehrlich predicted in the 1970s that: "Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make," and that "The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years."
2. In January 1970, Life reported, "Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support... the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution... by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half..."
3. In January 2006 Al Gore predicted that we had ten years left before the planet turned into a "total frying pan." We made it.
4. In 2008, a segment aired on ABC News predicted that NYC would be under water by June 2015.
5. In 1970, ecologist Kenneth E.F. Watt predicted that "If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but 11 degrees colder by the year 2000, This is about twice what it would take to put us in an ice age."
(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalistpapers.org ...
SCIENCE climbed aboard the UN, Obama, globalist train wreck. Play by the rules or you dont get funded
I lived through all this crap.
50 years later it’s disgusting to hear people still trying to run the game on us.
Well then, it’s settled....
OK!! Everybody pay attention!
Lesson for today:
1. The sun is 1,300,000 times as big as the earth.
2. The sun is a giant nuclear furnace that controls the climates of all its planets.
3. The earth is one of the sun’s planets.
4. The earth is a speck in comparison to the size of the sun.
5. Inhabitants of the earth are less than specks.
Study Question: How do less-than-specks in congress plan to control the sun?
Global warming alarmists have wised up and are now bluffing times for global warming-related disasters that people living today will probaly not live long enough to know if they are true or not.
And no Iâm not just nitpicking absurd predictions made by cranks. A study in the journal Nature Climate Change reviewed 117 climate predictions and found that 97.4% never materialized.
This is what we should use to counter the global warming (ops forgot, it is now climate change) cults claims.
I saw a headline the other day saying that the the temperature is warmer than the data says because the satellites are faulty.
The game has changed. These alarmists get hold of children very early in school. I remember my kids had to subscribe to some kiddie version of Time magazine...which turned out to be pure global warming propaganda.
Its hard to imagine, but most people under 20 y/o today genuinely believe this nonsense...and the bar has been moved. Seemingly routine weather events are now blamed - heavy snows, hot summers, tornado, etc. These kids actually believe that these are unusual events, and we are in a time of great weather turmoil.
But the center of the earth is millions of degrees..................Al Gore said so. Obama talked about a tornado that killed thousands of people.
Remember Art Linkletter’s “Kids say the danrdest things”? Well, liberals say the stupidest crap imaginable. Guam’s going to tip over, men walking on Mars, there’s no end to their gross ignorance and stupidity.
Love the facts
The religion of Scientism (man is god and the high priest is the “scientist”).
This is the best movie on GW that literally uses Al Gore to prove he is either dumb or a liar.
They are using this to advance a communist agenda 21 and control. Us instead.
Two things that will remain true forever;
1. There’s a sucker born every minute.
2. A fool and his money are soon parted.
This climate scam will prove these true.
You have been pinged because of your interest in environmentalism, alarmist wackos, mainstream media doomsday hype, and other issues pertaining to global warming.
Please ping me to all note-worthy threads on global warming.
Yup...I've been to China several times including twice in the last 4 years.The clearest day,pollution-wise,I saw in my last two visits were 10 times worse than the worst day I've ever seen anywhere in the US,London,the Ruhr Valley or Japan.
It’s called *weather*.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.