Skip to comments.11 Principles for a Free America After the Liberals Secede
Posted on 05/12/2016 2:06:04 AM PDT by Kaslin
Its becoming pretty clear that, like their Democrat forefathers, todays Democrats are convinced that America is entirely too free and that they must take their blue states and secede. We normals no longer meet their high moral standards, what with our insistence on believing in God, having a voice in our governance, and our primitive desire not to have men lurking in womens restrooms. Plus guns.
Fine. Let them go. Good riddance. Well be able to pray and have our voices heard by government even as we continue to embrace anti-#Science concepts like chromosomes determining your sex. Plus guns.
You liberals should take your blue state coastal enclaves and become the United States of Sweden. Just remember that you will have made your Ikea futon and youll have to sleep in it.
Here are 11 principles to embrace as we move forward after the blue states leave us.
1. We must re-ratify the Constitution, only this time we need to actually mean it. Our Constitution needs to say what it says and not what some Ivy League judge angling for Georgetown cocktail party invitations wishes it says. We will become a beacon of freedom when the blue states Supreme Court finds the whole Bill of Rights unconstitutional.
2. We need to start over with the federal government. Department of Education? Nope, thats a local function. Department of Commerce? How about we leave commerce to the businesspeople? The NEA? Are you kidding me people should pay for their own perverted arts. The departure of the blue states is a chance to shed the unwanted pounds and unsightly flab packed onto what should be a lean, mean Uncle Sam after a century of gorging at the Golden Corral of progressivism.
3. We will expect everyone to pull his weight and support his family. Yes, there will be a safety net for those down on their luck. Id propose a network of community gruel pots, but most people are probably not ready for that kind of innovative self-reliance incentive program. Regardless, the safety net wont be comfortable, and frankly, people will look down on you for using it. So do what you need to do to avoid it work hard, make good choices, save for a rainy day, and most of all, have the fierce self-respect that would have you do whatever it takes to avoid taking a government handout. And if you do those things, youll never have to.
4. Charity is a duty, but not a mandate. When the government helps you, it steals a piece of your soul. But when a neighbor lends a hand, that is soul craft for both of you. Well look out for our neighbors. Well watch their children when their car breaks down. Well give a kid who had a run-in with the law a chance at a job. Well pool our money to help a deserving teen go to college (There will be no more government student loans that drown their recipients in debt to pay off their Marxist Interpretive Dance degrees). Many hands-up, no hands-out.
5. We will embrace free enterprise, not crony capitalism. We need to strike down laws that protect entrenched business interests by keeping others from competing. In Tennessee, enterprising African-American women are being barred from providing braiding services by obnoxious laws that would first make them spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours . Not in Free America! Chief Justice Glenn Reynolds wont allow it.
6. Free trade is great, except when the other side gets all sorts of advantages and our government does nothing because that would upset some corporate donors apple cart. The principle guiding our trade policy should be simple and clear you can import whatever you want as long as we get identical terms back. Then, if you beat an American company, well, thats on the American company. But if we beat yours, well, then we beat yours.
7. We will sell the blue states the necessities that they dont want to make. The blue states elite is more concerned with posturing than productivity. Already, states like New York are banning the fracking technology that could make America energy independent. In California, the pampered coastal elite has declared war on Central Valley farmers. They are closing nuclear and coal plants, outsourcing their energy production. After they secede, it will only get worse and we free Americans should pick up the slack, eagerly supplying the ravenous blue cities with the food, fuel, and power they wont dirty their hands creating themselves. Plus, it gives us leverage when the blue states predictably start accusing us of causing their self-inflicted poverty and misery.
8. Lets prosper with a tax code that does not punish success and ensures everyone has skin in the game. How about a flat 10%-15% income tax? What a great way to ensure everyone has an interest in a responsible, thrifty federal government not just the 53% of us who pay the full freight today.
9. We should also welcome the high-tech companies currently residing in the blue states. Theyll be eager to come once they see our lower taxes and greater prosperity. Of course, they do tend to be liberal, and there is a lot of concern that allegedly neutral internet giants are actually trying to skew their products to support left wing causes. Now, what they do is their choice, but the particular intellectual property rights we choose to protect is our choice. We can always exclude from copyright and trademark protection any internet service that is not absolutely politically objective. So if they want to keep putting a thumb on the scale, we can always use our Apply iPaddles to do our searches on Goggle, post our cat photos on the Faceback, or troll libs on Tweeter.
10. Freedom means freedom. The blue states will clamp down on dissent, which will become permanently unpatriotic the second the liberal secession is complete. We need to be clear while we will happily ship back all true criminals to face justice, no one will ever be extradited from the United States to the blue states to face prosecution for any crime related to the exercise of free speech.
11. Service earns citizenship. Well welcome our blue brothers and sisters as they escape the failure of their own governments, but not into the voting booth. For anyone not a veteran (or the spouse of one) or a resident at the secession, you will need to earn the right to vote, hold office, or hold a government position of significant reasonability by volunteering for and completing two years of honorable military service. And that means (with allowances for the severely physically handicapped) carrying a gun not some bogus, puffball alternative service for rich kids handing out Kleenexes to delinquents while the poor kids hump rucks. If you havent dug a foxhole and shivered through the night in one, you are too insufficiently invested in Free America to have a say in its stewardship. Were not having a bunch of Los Angeles refugees show up and bringing the stink of blue model failure with them. You want to pick up a ballot? First, pick up a rifle.
And as a bonus, we will become North Americas Switzerland, with a rifleman (or riflewoman!) behind every tree, thereby discouraging the blue states from getting frisky when they inevitably blame us and our soaring prosperity for the inevitable failure of their socialist system. Naturally, it goes without saying that every able-bodied citizen of the United States will be expected to maintain personal arms and ammunition sufficient to allow him to act to protect his family, community, and Constitution.
So, the loss of the blue states from the United States would be less a loss than an opportunity. Think of it as de facto federalism the blue state model and the red state models can compete and people can judge the victor in terms of freedom and prosperity. I know who Im betting on.
Any argument that starts out with the premise that we are a red state/blue state country is flawed. We are not. We are a red rural/ blue urban (and purple suburban) country.
If you use FR and love it, please help us keep it on the air by making a donation today:
Leftists will never secede. They are parasites. They will not let any States leave without an all out war. See Civil War I.
Yes, but he starts off with the media Orwellian newspeak colors. RED, not blue, is what he means, as in totalitarian Communist. Blue is the international color of Conservatism.
You are correct that within red states there are many blue enclaves such as Austin in Texas, Des Moines in Iowa or Charlotte in NC...at least they want to posture that way.
I would envision a two year period where you can make up your mind where you want to be, no regrets and move there. I can hear the leftist fascists whining “why should I move?” [Answer, because you will be marginalized into oblivion.]I also agree that there is a flaw in that slaw just for that reason: how do you wring them out of the social fabric to create or recreate the Free US?
Point of the story is someone is finally trying to flesh out a scenario. I do not see a reconciliation as being possible without surrender by one side. I ain’t interested in surrendering and neither are they.
I’d like to see it done amicably,,,not sure that can happen but maybe in a perfect world.
Largely, I agree with you. Rural/Suburban/Urban seems to be one of the biggest discriminators. Urban areas are where most of the entitlement services have been perfected, for example.
However, the government has done its damnedest to try and make the lure ubiquitous, and they have succeeded even in some rural areas - usually deeply poor and economically devoid of potential. On the other hand, I suppose there may be urban areas that don’t conform and might still be largely ‘red’ but I am hard pressed to cite one.
LBJ did exactly what he set out to do. Infuse a cancer of entitlement into this country that would have us all Sieging Heil to the Democrat Leader du jour for the next century.
State by state secession is a totally viable concept. Secession does not mean war. If the people of a state vote for secession the majority rules. If any doesn’t like it then emigrate to blue landia.
Secession is process where a state become a functioning autonomous country. It will still have “blue” and “red” areas inside of it. Nobody said secession will end political conflict all it does it breaks the vice grip of the Federal govt.
Understood that. But first the red-inclined in any potential seceding state has to outnumber the blue-inclined.
I would say the is true in every currently "red" state.
Near as I can tell, the flip happened in 2000, with that term "red states" meaning Republican attributed to first use by NBC's Tim Russert.
No real explanation has been offered for the flip, beyond "R" = red = Republican.
But psychologically speaking, you know how Democrat/Socialists' minds work: when looking deep into their own hearts and finding the darkest of motives, those they project, accusing their opponents of harboring.
So, in this case, where it used to be that "R" = revolution, rebellion & reform = Democrat/Socialists, they naturally jumped at the chance to flip those motives onto their Republican opponents.
So, red = Republican is our Democrats' way of saying: "we are now the conservative 'blue' party protecting Big Government's status quo, high taxes, welfare state, weak military and the end of traditional values."
So Republicans, they claim, are the red party, for overturning the current status-quo in favor of an ideological vision which doesn't exist.
I would call that cultural imperialism, but on the other hand, red = red blooded, red clay soils, even red necked, as contrasted with North Eastern blue bloods.
So my general impression is that most "red-staters" are not so unhappy with that color designation, even though it is the reverse of traditional coding.
In my little North Georgia County (20,000 when I moved here and now 30,000) voting patterns had largely been 2/3 Republican - I worked as a poll worker for many years.
I gradually began to notice that a large portion of my county seemed to be on SNAP, WICs etc. and I noticed that it still kept up the 60s-70s era public housing units - BTW are still fully booked and have waiting lists. I investigated and found out that fully 20% are on SNAP - which means lots also on EITC, WICs, TANF, SECTION 8 vouchers (qualify for one, it’s a ticket to the rest)- the whole enchilada - they always vote Democrat.
My impression of the whole mess now is that the ‘workers’ are gradually dying off and being replaced by government subsisters who seem to have plenty of free time.
The urban issue was around back when the Constitution was drafted.. hence the House and Senate...
Zero of any changes in reducing the size of Fedzilla will occur till the 17th Amendment is repealed..
Then then the 16th Amendment..
Think of it this way..the 17th Amendment makes it really easy on lobbyist with cash to speak with the fewest people to make laws in DC..ie the Uniparty and K street... voters and State Capitals are truly cut out and punished when out of line...TEA Party, etc....
The 16th Amendment fuels the growth of Government...and all the negatives that go along with it and some positives.. like infrastructure and some defense spending..
Till that is done, and we have a Republic once again, its going to carry on regardless of what the voters think..or do Trump or no Trump...the only variable that is out there is the free exchange of information via the internet. That goes away and all bets are off. Democracy’s never end well...
Sadly, you are quite correct.
Any state or group of “red” states that broke off would be a magnet for the hard working people in the “blue” states. And vice versa. There would be a demographic shift for sure. A good thing IMO.
The key is to make the ones who want to live off others go away, I think. Let them emigrate.
They can settle 400 miles west of Los Angeles and 400 miles east of New York.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.