Skip to comments.400 dead Russians and Syrians, yet no one knows who ordered them to attack US forces in Syria
Posted on 02/24/2018 7:18:39 AM PST by Eddie01
click here to read article
GET THE HELL OUT.
Well they won’t do that again.
Not to beat up on Reagan, as I guess he didn’t know (Beirut Bombing) - but it looks like the military under Trump is ALLOWED to carry loaded weapons. Lots of funerals if Hillary was in command.
Author John Ringo posted an analysis of what happened and his commentary was hilarious. I don’t know where his info comes from, but if indeed factual is worth a read. It’s on his profile on the bookface.
Being in our military under Potus Trump, where you are allowed to kill/maim/neutralize anyone trying to kill you is the way to fight wars.
GET THE HELL OUT.
Exactly...When did Congress authorize a troop presence in Syria? If they did, why isn’t it front-page news everyday?
Why are we spending money and losing lives in Syria, while leaving our own back door wide open - with no wall? Upside down priorities
Putin probing our response. Obviously not Obama’s military.
involving F-15E fighter jets, MQ-9 drones, B-52 bombers, AC-130 gunships and AH-64 Apache helicopters.
Thats a whole lot of bad day right there.
Don’t really care.
“Russian military officers told the United States during the incident that Moscow was not involved.” Aren’t they using that line in Ukraine too?
John Ringo on Syria Russian attack -
feel good story, worth reading. Thanks
I honestly feel bad for the Russian people, this happened under Putin, the Putin fan boy poophead Russian trolls represent Putin and in no way, the Russian people, who would toss Putin out on his ear in free reelections.
Spooky/Spectre fire alone will cause any enemy to surrender.
Not to mention mentally unstable self-mutilators and transsexuals, although that last one Trump at least tried to do something about, over the outrageous public objections of Mattis.
Trump is doing well in a lot of ways. As far as I can tell, he's failing on the military. Tossing a few million extra bucks their way is pointless if it gets spent on increased gender-sensitivity and diversity training, which appears to be the case.
*doing away with grande quals and land nav in Basic, I meant to specify.
Further reporting, such as it is, on the Dair Ezzor Turkey Shoot.
1. Sov... err... Russians built a bridge over the Euphrates which was the designated ‘deconfliction line’. Why? Reasons. ‘Commite of Nations’ or something.
2. ‘Hybrid’ force of mixed Russian contractors including multiple non-ethnic Russians (Serbs, Kossack, other non Slavics) as well as local Syrian Army
‘commandos’ attacked across temporary bridge. The ‘Russian’ side were ‘Blackwater’ equivalent mercenaries from a company generally called ‘Wagner’
which is the nom de plume of the boss. (Like if you called Blackwater ‘Prince’.)
3. Unit was partially mechanized, battalion strength. (One thing everyone agrees upon is ‘about 600-700 personnel.’) Had some towed artillery as well
as ‘t-55 and T-72 MBT as well as armored personnel carriers.’ (Type unknown.) Full on ‘we’re taking that position and you’re not stopping us’ full court press.
4. Unit crossed bridge, arty deployed.
5. Arty opened fire while most of unit was still in approach column formation. (Normal) One portion moved to flanking positions.
5A. Minute the arty opened fire shite GOT REAL REAL QUICK.
6. Reapers took out artillery and most of armor with Hellfire. From the few videos, pretty much before they knew what hit them. There had to be quite a few Reaper drones up or they were feeding guidance to Hellfire from Apaches (see below.)
7. F-15E Eagles came in for clean-up and to check for anti-air defenses.
8. Warthogs showed up just to go BRRRRRRT!
9. AC-130 Spectre started fricking up their day for the hell of it.
10. To add insult to injury, B-52s which, you know, just HAPPENED to be in the area, just minding our own business, just passing by from Diego Garcia which is a few thousand miles away, on our way to... somewhere... nothing to see here... decided to prove they could drop their entire load as precision guided weapons and just more or less DID A JDAM ARCLIGHT ON THEIR ASS. At that point, more or less because CENTCOM said ‘Why not? ARCLIGHT is always pretty to watch...’
11. The whole thing being so over it was ridiculous, AH-64 Apaches basically did ‘hostile Bomb Damage Assessment’ and complained there were no targets left.
12. Oh, and then the Kurds, to just really frick with these guys, released water from a dam upstream and broke their bridge. So they had to ford back with their wounded.
13. Nobody knows how many dead and wounded. Russians are saying ‘only 8 Russian citizens’ but that doesn’t quite cover the whole of who may have been involved. One repeated number is 200 dead (remember, mixed Syrians, Russians and other ethnics) as well as pretty much the rest of the force wounded. (Not to mention pretty thoroughly demoralized.) One Kurd wounded. Probably fell off a stool laughing to tell truth.
14. Military hospitals in Russia are reliably reported ‘overflowing.’
This was much less a ‘battle’ than a message. Towards the end we had to just be pounding ground to make sure they got it.
A. Don’t fricking cross that river.
B. Hey, North Korea! LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!
C. Hey, Putin, about Donbas... This is what we can do to your ‘freedom fighters’ (AKA: mercenaries) at any time.
D. To everyone in general: You need to remember who’s boss.
Mattis is playing dumb. ‘What Russians? There were Russians? Really? I’m seeing that in the media but I got no briefing on there being Russians in that column. Our bad. Sorry about that.’
Then there’s the fact that the strike was NOT approved by the President.
Because he gave CENTOM the approval on things like that.
And CENTCOM handled it like a BOSS.
Oh, and when the forces crossed the river the Russians were informed and informed that we intended to take ‘self-defense’ actions.
So they can’t even say they weren’t warned.
I’m not sure we warned them we’d be using BUFF.
This is more the sort of thing I’d expect in late summer.
‘Shit! We haven’t expended our budget! Are there any Russians we can frick up very badly with all these unexpended munitions?’
Last thought: It had to be shitty being on the receiving end of that.
Wars gets started that way.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.