Skip to comments.'We are Still in” Totalitarians Dominate Katowice
Posted on 12/15/2018 2:44:16 PM PST by Kaslin
The 30,000 alarmists gathered in Katowice, Poland expected to slam-dunk their report proclaiming a planet-threatening climate crisis, finalize rules for implementing the Paris accords, redistribute infinite billions of dollars from industrialized nations to “climate victim” countries, and solidify their control over people’s energy, jobs, living standards and liberties. It didn’t work out quite that way.
They got blindsided by millions of French citizens angrily denouncing their government’s plans to carbon-tax them into worse poverty and joblessness. They were furious that the US exhibit profiled the benefits of fossil fuels – and outraged that the United States, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait were willing to “note” the climate report and express appreciation to the scientists who developed it, but not to “welcome” it or “accept” its assertions about climate cataclysms and the need to slash fossil fuel use.
They were appalled that countries the world over are using more and more fossil fuels every year.
One of the more amusing “climate chaos” exhibits at the IPCC gabfest targeted President Trump’s decision to take the USA out of the Paris not-a-treaty. It proudly declared “We are still IN” – and asserted that its “movement” represents “thousands” of American cities, states, businesses, universities and other entities that “have taken up the mantle of climate leadership.”
Climatologist David Legates and I wrote about this fatuous, fraudulent, hypocritical outfit a year ago. But it’s useful to reexamine the various ways it actually is (or is not) “still IN.”
* We are still IN and committed to the restrictive, punitive, anti-hydrocarbon Paris regime – except when it comes to benefitting ourselves from coal, oil and natural gas … to fly or drive to Poland; heat and light our homes, offices, hotel rooms and exhibits; eat well; dress in synthetic fibers, or in cotton or woolen garments made possible by fossil fuels; and utilize hydrocarbons for cell phones, computers, cosmetics, chairs and display boards at our exhibits, eyeglasses, wind turbine blades and countless other products.
Despite their interminable moral preening, does anyone really think they will ever give any of this up?
* We are still INtransigent in our demands, our refusal to civilly debate any climate or energy issues – and our determination to ignore the horrendous ecological impacts of our ideas, and the even worse impacts that our demands have on other people’s jobs and living standards. And especially how our demands ensure that African and Asian parents and children have energy-deprived, impoverished, malnourished, diseased, brutally short lives.
In fact, instead of acknowledging any of this, the “still IN” crowd – the arrogant, callous, totalitarian ruling elites … and renewable energy crony corporatists allied with them – simply double down on their demands and plans. The new crop of “progressive” Democrat-Socialists coming to the US House of Representatives in 2019 intends to emphasize “dangerous manmade global warming and climate change” in numerous hearings, policies and bills.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-S–NY) and colleagues have already proposed a separate House global warming committee, a Green New Deal – and 100% wind, solar and biofuel power by 2030!
*We are still IN contempt of what poor, middle class, blue collar and Third World families so desperately need: affordable, reliable energy – and the well-paying jobs and affordable goods, services and healthcare that come with it. We will “allow” them to improve their lives, but only as far as may be possible with limited, unreliable, weather-dependent, expensive “renewable” energy.
It’s no wonder 200 prominent Golden State civil rights leaders have sued the California Air Resources Board, claiming its greenhouse gas policies are “racist” and disproportionately raise electricity, housing, transportation, food and hiring costs for Latino and African-Americans, for no environmental benefits. Poor countries should consider bringing similar human rights lawsuits in US, EU and international courts.
* We are still IN denial – of the negative impacts that our eco-imperialist, carbon-colonialist policies have on rural, poor, minority and working class families in the United States, and on billions of people in Africa, Asia, Latin America and former Soviet/Eastern Bloc nations. We are also IN denial of the failed predictions of climate models – and IN denial of scientific evidence that contradicts our assertions that Earth is warming rapidly, bringing unprecedented chaos and cataclysms.
As I have pointed out in numerous articles – and as websites like WattsUpWithThat, ClimateDepot and DrRoySpencer discuss in readily understandable language – there is no valid, replicable, scientific evidence that humans or fossil fuel emissions have replaced the powerful natural forces that have always governed Earth’s complex, frequently changing climate and weather systems.
There is no evidence that humans can control those systems by tweaking the concentration of molecules that together represent roughly 0.042% of Earth’s atmosphere. There is no evidence that expensive, unpredictable, pseudo-renewable energy can replace the 80% fossil fuel energy that currently powers the US and world economies – certainly not without severe consequences for people and planet. Computer models, hype, hysteria, headlines and zealotry are no substitute for honest, fact-based, replicable science.
* We are IN cahoots with the IPCC, far-left politicians, Climate-Industrial Complex companies, the “mainstream” media, and social media behemoths like Google, You Tube, Face Book and Twitter. Together, we control what people are able to find, see, hear, think, say and do about these issues.
Climate realists are fighting back, and true free speech alternatives to Twitter & Comrades are arising.
* We are INtolerant of any views that contradict our own. We not only refuse to debate. We refuse to allow debate. We are contemptuous of “civil society” norms for civil discourse. We will always resort to totalitarian power, mob rule and the sheer weight of equally closed-minded, ill-informed intellectuals, students, urban voters and ruling elites … to impose our climate, energy and economic ideologies.
In one of the most egregious cases ever, the UN and IPCC gave their explicit permission, encouragement and blessing to radical protesters at the Katowice COP-24 conference. They let the INtolerants disrupt and shut down the official US “innovative fossil fuel technologies” and “economic dynamism” presentation. The UN pre-authorized and pre-plannedthe loud interruptions, officially gave rabid protesters over seven minutes to rant and chant “Keep them in the ground” (fossil fuels, that is), and let them harass CFACT and other climate realists attending the event.
When UK author and policy analyst Rupert Darwall challenged the obnoxious hecklers, UN security guards immediately restrained Darwall and told him to shut up or be thrown out of the conference!
Why the United States should tolerate any of this – much less pay for it – is hard to fathom.
* Other terms also describe these climate-obsessed green tyrants pretty accurately. They are INsatiable in their hunger for global power – but INcapable of running a Brownie troop, much less a state or country, much less the world. Their worldviews, attitudes and policies could make people think they’re INsane.
Amid virtually all their politicized campaigns, these groups appear to be engaged in climate science and energy fraud. Whether it’s global temperatures, changing weather patterns, Arctic, Antarctic or Greenland ice, hurricanes and tornados, wildfires, floods or droughts – or the need for and viability of renewable energy – deception, misrepresentation, disinformation and fabrication appear to be their stock in trade.
Such actions would bring small armies of regulators (perhaps accompanied by armed SWAT teams) swarming into the offices of almost any other companies or organizations that pulled such stunts.
It’s depressing that politicians and tax-exempt pressure groups are generally exempt from such “inquiries.” But the dishonest, profiteering companies that ally with these fraudsters may not be. Perhaps a few enterprising AGs, FBI offices, public interest law firms, or SEC and FTC investigators will be inspired to examine some of these troubling ethics, securities and truth-in-advertising issues.
200 prominent Golden State civil rights leaders have sued the California Air Resources Board, claiming its greenhouse gas policies are racist and disproportionately raise electricity, housing, transportation, food and hiring costs for Latino and African-Americans, for no environmental benefits.
The communists never quit.
I’m surprised that a decent country like Poland is sponsoring this stuff. But I guess everyone is probably crazy one way or another. And they have to do something to keep the Euroswine happy with them.
“The communists never quit.”
Well, they don’t believe in much else, so they find it hard to switch gears.
Very good article.
Climate change was at the bottom of voter priorities in the recent mid-terms.
Katowice was called “Stalinogrod” in the early 1950s.
They do when theyre dead.
Yeah. I get that. You know, one of the best ways to spot (or identify) an expat con-artist is if he proclaims to be working on “green energy” or some such related issue. It sounds magnanimous.
What was their carbon footprint getting to and from Poland?
excellent piece by Driessen.
why politicians even go to these events is beyond me. thousands of gloBULL warming activists who are often funded by those who stand to profit from the scam are INVITED to these shows every time, and allowed to disrupt anyone who disagrees with them.
these are often the same activists who try to stop pipelines being built and so on.
12 Dec: Euractiv: Poland increasingly deporting activists from COP24
By Aline Robert
The situation is a matter of concern to the UN Secretariat, especially as some of those who were deported had received accreditation to participate at the conference and some of the Georgian nationals were part of its official delegation...
everyone should get out of Paris and the UN.
Indeed, the climate and history deniers are them, and , to me, this is like our people going to a celebration of Stalin’s genocides
World wide scumbags want our money, sadly we have our very own rat scumbags willing to give it all up to get a piece of the action, F them
There is no other science that says, “listen, you have to accept this as a science, accurate predictive models will come later.”
This would be like Newton saying, “I know why that apple fell, let you know in twenty years, but I want to be famous now, still working on the theory though.”
Except in my analogy, Newton would not also be asking people to go to the poorhouse after turning over all their money to him.
(International Politburo for Complete Chaos)
Chairman: Chicken Little.
The communists never quit.
They do when theyre dead.
About ten years ago, an African-American coworker was gushing about the stupid Al Gore movie, and I gently reminded him that the car he drove would have to go. We never had a conversation about that again, after he nodded and laughed. Later on he got a midrange SUV and got the windows blacked out (that probably helps some with air conditioning costs, but I'm not sure that's why he did it).
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.